Bad Accident - Our 66 Mustang

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Bad Accident - Our 66 Mustang  (Read 19715 times)

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2009, 01:12:51 am »
Awful news E66, really glad your wife is ok and in good spirits (and wants to get back in the saddle).

Really hope you rebuild that beautiful car.

Cheers Bee
Cheers Bee

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2009, 03:51:58 am »
Hey there, glad to hear the Missus will be Ok. Scarey stuff when that happens.

Probably a timely time to start a thread on Safety & your Mustang. I will think about that one today.

Some good news if any, Cantos are a very good smash repairer, been around for years. I am familiar with them as I used to take my classes there on day trips, well known amongst my fellow teachers at the time. That being said, you will need a lot of unique parts. I have containers leaving California (mid January) bound for Sydney (arrive mid Feb), so I can throw anything on board you would need. Sure most of the parts are avail locally, but some of the more difficult stuff I already have here. If I can help, my contact details are in my bio. I may also be flying home for Xmas if I can get on the flight (Sunday night 13th, landing Tues morn 15th), so you can call my Australian mobile.

Offline GT350H

• Worked
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2009, 07:38:03 am »
Ive jut finished reading your emails of well wishes to my wife and she is really touched by your genuine concerns. She started crying. She is feeling worse today, to be expected.
We know its only a car, but this was her baby. Ive had nice cars all my life, this was her first and she only had it for 12 months. That's one of the reasons that I think we should rebuild it.

When she phoned me yesterday morning to say, "Ive had an accident, and its pretty bad" I knew she wasn't exaggerating. I took one look at her, one look at the car and thought - what a nightmare.

A lot of people stopped to have a look, I heard one guy yell out " NO, NO, not the Mustang". Was that you Miami? I must admit, when Kathy phoned me yesterday, I was going to ask her if she took the Corolla or the Mustang. I didn't ask, I just knew by the dissapointment in her voice.

I'll suss out the progress with the Insurance Company and I'll share our experience with you. LSV have been really good to us in the past with petty claims, this one will really test the friendship.

Finally, we've been really touched by the level of everyone's generosity. MOCA is a real community and you should all be very proud of the way you conduct yourselves.

Ozbilt - Thank You very,very much for your offer. I have no idea of the full extent of the damage, a lot of it appears cosmetic and that will take the sourcing of quite a few parts. I'll get back to you.

Allan Vella ( Big Als Mustangs ) has been really good to us since buying the stang, he was one of the first to put his hand up yesterday.

Thanks again.

AKA Emberglo-66

Offline hybrid

• Blue Printed
  • Account Suspended By Owners Request
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2009, 07:45:54 am »
All the best for a speedy recovery for both girls.
I'm definitely going for 3-point belts and a collapsible column now.
- Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.
- Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away, barefoot, and you've got his shoes.

Offline hybrid

• Blue Printed
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2009, 08:00:11 am »
Originally posted by BLKPNY
It is also a pity that it requires the turret removal to fit the upper anchorages for 3 point belts, or everyone would be able to have them fitted.

Dammit... I just felt mine between the roof and turret because I thought you could just slip the plates behind... no such luck.

Does anyone know a trick to do these without removing the turret? Can we cut a slot just wide/thick enough to slide the belt backing plate inside and then weld it up afterwards. Would that be legal or not? The slot could then be used as the hole for the bolt to go through.
- Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.
- Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away, barefoot, and you've got his shoes.

Offline eri67

• Blue Printed
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2009, 08:44:57 am »
;]Really sorry to read about your wifes accident, hope both are mended soon, Eri

Offline MustangNut

• Blue Printed
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2009, 08:58:49 am »
Guys, you don't need to remove the turret..  cut a suitably sized plate drill a hole, weld the nut to it and weld a length stiff wire to the plate then feed it up from the parcel shelf to the correct position, insert the bolt then weld the plate into position, easy peasy.

Originally posted by hybrid
Originally posted by BLKPNY
It is also a pity that it requires the turret removal to fit the upper anchorages for 3 point belts, or everyone would be able to have them fitted.

Dammit... I just felt mine between the roof and turret because I thought you could just slip the plates behind... no such luck.

Does anyone know a trick to do these without removing the turret? Can we cut a slot just wide/thick enough to slide the belt backing plate inside and then weld it up afterwards. Would that be legal or not? The slot could then be used as the hole for the bolt to go through.

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2009, 10:45:51 am »
Hrmmm.....

I like the sounds of that.

If someone has the headlining already out, you would be wise to do it then.
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor

Offline Cage

• Worked
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2009, 11:03:40 am »
;x Emberglo-66, jusy jumped on the forum and read you post. No good mate, I bet your heart skipped a beat when you got that phone call. You obviously have a tough cookie there for a wife mate. I feel for both of you in this time of sadness but I guess that as long as you wife is OK then this is the important bit.
Good luck with fixing up your other baby. Keep us posted on the outcome. Please pass on my regards to your wife and I hope she has a speedy recovery. Good to hear she wants to get back on the horse. An idiot truck driver will not hurt the love of driving mustangs. :(

Offline victorypark01

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2009, 11:04:00 am »
Originally posted by mo
Is emberglo off to St Mary's?  I hear they are good with mustangs!

:+ not a truer word spoken Mo.

I too concur with my fellow forum members. Such a terrible incident for u and your wife to have to deal with.  Actually says a lot about her character about wanting to press on and get the muzzy rebuilt.  Good on her and the both of u.

It's a crazy time of year with everyone seeming to be in a rush no matter where we are.

Hope your wife makes a full recovery and your muzzy as well.  Hope u keep the same colour.

Cheers and good luck.  :(

Offline pala

• Worked
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2009, 11:31:33 am »
your all ok , like a previous post cars can be replaced, my family sends its prayers to you and your wife

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2009, 12:27:12 pm »
Very sorry to see this.

Glad no one was badly hurt.

I hope they threw the book at the other driver.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline jaylay

• Worked
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2009, 12:52:52 pm »
good to see your wife is ok. hopefully you can get the 'stang back on the road soon.

Offline mach70

• Blue Printed
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2009, 07:53:23 pm »
BUGGER!  

Good to hear your wife is ok.

Hopefully soon the Mustang will be but up and running as before.

Offline moe

• Top Streeter
  • Name: "Moe"
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2009, 07:58:54 pm »
Originally posted by Emberglo-66
Thank You Foresight and Mac1, she'll be back !!

Mo - the Muzzy is at Canto Smash Repair Wetherill Park. They are a Lumley approved repairer.

http://acarstar.com/index.php/ShopInfo?id=19&zip=2164

Sounds like the family business of Dean Canto (V8 supercar driver);

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2009, 08:01:06 pm »
If the wife is OK that's great, the car can be fixed whenever.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to your lady.
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline Blown66Mustang

• Worked

Offline GT350H

• Worked
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2009, 09:37:29 pm »
Thank You everyone, I really appreciate your comments and support.
Im going to repair my baby ( with LSV's approval ), please come up and say hello at the next show. Im aiming for Spring Fair Lugarno.
And yes, it will remain Emberglo.

xx Kathy
AKA Emberglo-66

Offline LEE H 69

• Worked
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2009, 09:39:11 pm »
sad news mate
good to hear both girls are on the mend

Offline moe

• Top Streeter
  • Name: "Moe"
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2009, 09:47:21 pm »

:i  Great choice!  

Offline jusTANG

• Blue Printed
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2009, 11:17:55 pm »
after a couple days away from forum sorry to hear your news. My thoughts will be with you now and with your repairs.
Kathy hope your feeling a little better tomorrow

Offline muzz67

• Worked
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2009, 07:46:55 am »
Hi Emberglo 66, wicked news about your car, main thing is your wife will be okay. Positive thing here is the truck appears to be at fault which gives LSV something extra to work with, all insurers work with %'s to repair vs write off and pay you out, tis can change in your favour sometimes when they have a third party to claim their expense from (the truck insurer).

I back Ozbilt, Canto's have been around doing great work since Moses was fullback for Jerusalem (well Rocky anyway). Take a tip if Ozbilt has offered to cast an eye over it and chase parts grab the offer!!  That genius and his son BossKraft have forgotten more about Mustangs than most on this forum will ever remember.

Take care of you wife re-build the car as you would any member of the family that was struck with a terminal disease, your soul will benefit from both.

Merry Christmas and compliments of the season to you and yours Western Sydney, Muzz 67

Offline Cage

• Worked
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2009, 09:19:05 am »
Im going to repair my baby ( with LSV's approval ), please come up and say hello at the next show. Im aiming for Spring Fair Lugarno.

xx Kathy

Kathy,
What date is the Lugarno spring fair?

Offline GT350H

• Worked
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2009, 07:24:25 am »
Originally posted by cage

xx Kathy

Kathy,
What date is the Lugarno spring fair?  

Its usually in September. It was September 20 this year

KL
AKA Emberglo-66

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2009, 07:32:10 am »
Guys,

just saw your posting and both Sheri and I send our best. If there is anything we can do to help you get your baby back on the road, please dont hesitate in dropping us an email.

Havent done a "hookin a sister up" yet  :+:+

Glad to hear your safe Kathy