YAY... My car is on its way!!!

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: YAY... My car is on its way!!!  (Read 3619 times)

Offline mikes68

• Worked
    • www.mikes68.blogspot.com
« on: November 25, 2009, 07:46:40 am »
Well it's 4:30am here in Perth and I was just rudely awoken by that annoyingly intrusive mobile phone ringing out in the front room...
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
It couldn't have been a more welcome sound today however as I answered the call and to hear that sweet American voice on the other end of the line (we shall call her "J") and she has called to let me know that they are dropping the car off at the docks in Honolulu as we speak.

A minor hiccup though as the plates are not on the car and so the current registration papers are required which I had arranged to have faxed to Matson Shipping at the port late last week - 10 anxious minutes later (and some serious heart palpatations) and it is all sorted - the documentation is all in order...
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Do you think I can get back to sleep now??? Guess I may as well start my day.:+
Cheers,
Mike

Offline jusTANG

• Blue Printed
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 07:48:26 am »
congrates on the progress

:( wont be long now

Offline MustangNut

• Blue Printed
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 07:49:50 am »
Be warned!!  This is the start of something totally intoxicating.  Well done Buddy!  Where's the Pics?

Offline mikes68

• Worked
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 08:02:15 am »
Thanks guys,

Originally posted by MustangNut
Be warned!!  This is the start of something totally intoxicating.  Well done Buddy!  Where's the Pics?

Intoxicating doesn't seem like a strong enough word for it...

I have been monitoring this forum every single day since I "enrolled" in this very special class (of people). I think my wife is planning on hiding the laptop - or at least changing the password - and just "feeding" it out to me in controlled amounts. Not so much to wean me off it but just to control the addiction :2

I only have a handfull of snaps I took when I was over in Hawaii back in early September and will maybe try and post some later however I have started a blog which I think I have made visible in my "website" link - if not visible it's at:

mikes68.blogspot.com

Not much up there at the moment but I am just trying to document the whole process in some fashion - perhaps so that others will learn :+
Cheers,
Mike

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 09:57:00 am »
Fabulous news Mike! Many happy miles of driving.

Cheers Bee
Cheers Bee

Offline Cruzn65

• Worked
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 11:45:01 am »
Debbie would have been excited about the phone going off Mike!!! :w I feel somehow responsible for this, I can only imagine the communication between wives at work today :f ....... Im not game to mention my "need" to have another Mustang just yet :+

Offline Thirsty428

• Blue Printed
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 01:11:49 pm »
Congratulations on the great news.

We'll keep checking for updates.
You done 27 posts so far.
When your car arrives, watch that number shoot upwards faster than - well - faster than Bumblebee's vert!!!

Offline bridgo65

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 03:53:07 pm »
Hey Mike68,

Congrats - I know how you feel!! Mine's about to be loaded in a containder and will hopefully be leaving Long Beach CA in the next few days !! Yipee as well.

ETA 19 December !!  Just in time for Xmas and hopefully won't have any hassles with rego stuff !

Look forward to the pics .

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
    • http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ozzyone_photos/66%20GT350H/?albumv
  • Name: Dale
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 05:08:42 pm »
Merry Christmas I hope it is all you expected & then some:f
Paint by IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
build thread...http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14043.0.html

Offline Cage

• Worked
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 07:07:24 pm »
On ya Mike. Mine is being restored in America as we speak. I can't wait till I get it but I suppose I have no choice. Well done mate, you might have it just in time for Santa Clause to put it under the tree for you.

Offline jaylay

• Worked
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 07:23:33 pm »
congratulations man, what stang are you getting??

Offline mikes68

• Worked
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 08:09:41 pm »
Originally posted by Cruzn65
Debbie would have been excited about the phone going off Mike!!! :w I feel somehow responsible for this, I can only imagine the communication between wives at work today :f ....... Im not game to mention my "need" to have another Mustang just yet :+

Aaahhh whadayatodo eh??? Yeah there was some disgruntled sound from the other side of the bed - I think I may have set a new (short distanced) land speed record through the house to get to the phone...

The biggest problem is that your significant other actually (outwardly at least) appears to enjoy the whole pony scene... D just isn't and will never be that enthused. All she sees is an outflow of cash  ;}
Cheers,
Mike

Offline mikes68

• Worked
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 08:12:53 pm »
Originally posted by Thirsty390
Congratulations on the great news.

We'll keep checking for updates.
You done 27 posts so far.
When your car arrives, watch that number shoot upwards faster than - well - faster than Bumblebee's vert!!!

Cheers Thirsty - I don't doubt that for a moment as I'm sure that when I start stripping it down and building it back up again I will have so many more questions - for you all...
Cheers,
Mike

Offline mikes68

• Worked
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 08:35:32 pm »
bridgo65 / cage / 66 EMBERGLO COUPE / Bumblebee,

Yeah thanks again - It should be leaving Hawaii this weekend and landing in Long Beach a week later. Import Perfections are taking care of it all for me and they have been so easy to deal with (Lee may not think "exactly" the same of me :+ as I make sure that I harrass them every day with updates, changes, questions etc).

It could spend a couple of weeks in LA before getting underway so I'm not expecting it to be available in Fremantle until around the end of Jan at best - just a bonus if it is any earlier.

Also been chatting with Cruzn65 and he suggested I get the car stocked up with any spares whilst it is in LA so have asked Import Perfections to touch base with their guys there to see if they can do an assessment... It may be worth holding up the departure if need be to get the parts loaded - will wait and see I guess.

Jaylay - it's a 68 vert... 8R03C10xxxx.
Wimbledon White (originally), power top (works) and apparently they don't need brakes in Hawaii so it doesn't have any of those :w

I just got the advanced email from Marti for the deluxe report yesterday and it was originally sold to a dealer in Hawaii. I bought it whilst in Hawaii a couple of months back so (perhaps except for some holidays of its own) it is Hawaiian born and bred...

I mentioned a blog I am starting on it in an earlier post - mikes68.blogspot.com - there's a couple of shots on there but I guess I will start up a photobucket account sometime and get a more complete picture diary of it there.
Cheers,
Mike

Offline mikes68

• Worked
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 08:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by Cruzn65
Im not game to mention my "need" to have another Mustang just yet :+

I heard it was a Harley you were getting!!! Didn't that little old lady teach you enough of a lesson last time when you were riding your scooter??? :+
Cheers,
Mike

Offline mikes68

• Worked
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 02:48:16 pm »
I asked the guys to take a couple of photos whilst they were loading it onto the trailer the other day and they have just emailed some through. I have created a photobucket account so time to see if I can now link them in here...

Notice the 69 FB off to the right in the background... It was originally a Super Cobra Jet - very cool indeed.

[IMG=750x500]http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy353/pyer8s/68Mustang1.jpg[/IMG]

Lining her up for the charge onto the trailer...

[IMG=750x500]http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy353/pyer8s/68Mustang2.jpg[/IMG]

All set and ready to go...

[IMG=750x500]http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy353/pyer8s/68Mustang3-1.jpg[/IMG]

Just got off the phone with Matson Shipping in Honolulu this morning and had it confirmed it is on the boat for a departure around 4pm Saturday (Hawaii time)
Cheers,
Mike

Offline Foresight

• Blue Printed
  • Captain Crash
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2009, 02:50:44 pm »
You have done it pretty much right you just need to use the link to the file not the webpage which you can find on the left there in the "Share this image" box

Offline mikes68

• Worked
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 03:07:40 pm »
Thanks Foresight - are you by chance at the MOCWA monthly next Tues... would like to shake you hand:+
Cheers,
Mike

Offline Foresight

• Blue Printed
  • Captain Crash
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 03:26:08 pm »
Glad to be of service mike

I work some pretty erratic hours so i may or may not be there!

Offline mikes68

• Worked
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 03:27:37 pm »
No worries... will ask around for you when I get there and introduce myself.
Cheers,
Mike

Offline junior

• Worked
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2009, 03:01:59 am »
haha  - ahh mate, get ready for some of the longest months EVER !  I drove mine from Pomona straight to the docks in California and left the keys with the bloke there as he drove it down to a secure carpark... seeing it drive away after only owning it barely hours and KNOWING that you wont see it for months was heart-breaking !  ahhh. but the feeling when they call and its on the pavement :f YEAH BOY !