Red '67ish mustang driver, near head-on in Broadmeadows, 27th Oct

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Red '67ish mustang driver, near head-on in Broadmeadows, 27th Oct  (Read 2197 times)

Offline tompee

• L Plates
Hello all,
I'm not sure if this will get me anywhere or not, but I'm looking for a witness to some dangerous driving.
Before the incident I had with this nutcase (I crashed my motorbike, lucky not to be hurt), I saw the guy nearly take out a red 60's mustang convertible head-on, in a crazy overtaking move in Widford St, Broadmeadows, about 7:15 on Tuesday 27th of October.

Having seen how close-knit classic car people can be (my father and grandfather used to have old Austins and MG's, it seemed like they knew every other enthusiast in Australia), I just thought there might be a chance that someone here was the driver who had to take drastic action to avoid that accident yesterday.... or they might know who it could be.

I don't know a lot about Mustangs, but I think it was around a 67. It was bright red, flawlessly buffed (two-pac I assume) paint, very nicely detailed and would have to be a restoration judging by the condition. I'm scraping the memory banks here but I think it had been converted to right-hand drive as well.

FYI, after this guy nearly took the Mustang out (he was overtaking myself and a slow driver in a 60km/h suburban street), he pulled over and I beeped the horn as I went past. He then chased me, was driving on the wrong side of the road so that he could drive next to me and yell through the passenger window.
Finally, coming in a roundabout and narrowing lane due to median strip, he just merged in from the wrong side of the road to try and drive over the top of me. I braked, went to the left, nearly ran into the back of a car that I hadn't notice stop in front of us. I don't remember a few seconds, but I went over the handlebars and the bike flipped end over end (so I either hit a piece of the kerb or did a really good stoppie).

All the cars kept going, he drove around me, stopped on the other side of the roundabout to yell obscenities at me again while I staggered around, and took off.

I won't describe the car involved, as I don't want to put suggestions into anyones mind!

TL;DR, in summary, etc etc: Red, restored, late 60's mustang convertible nearly taken out head on in Broadmeadows, Widford St yesterday? Were you driving or know who it could be? If so, please let me know! Email address is this forum user name @gmail.com

Thanks,
Tom