New TV Show looking for AMAZING Soul

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: New TV Show looking for AMAZING Soul  (Read 9983 times)

Offline MakeMyLife09

• L Plates
« on: July 29, 2009, 12:50:23 am »
Hey Mustang Owners of Australia, please forgive us if this has been posted in the wrong section but we have an amazing offer, well not so much an offer but an oppurtunity.

My name is Sofie Doyle and I am the new host of an exciting new program starting at channel Ten called Make My Life. The idea of the show is that we take everyday ordinary Australians that we believe deserve to get something a little special for simply being a wonderful person without ever expecting anything in return and with the help of some extra ordinary people out there we are helping to truely make these wonderful peoples lives.

At this early stage the show is due to air December 18th this year and at the moment we are begining to shoot some of the very first episodes and have already had some fantastic reactions and been able to truely help some people realise life long dreams. However we have currently hit abit of a problem in the shooting of episode 5 after one of our amazing volunteers had to pull out after a family emergency forced him to sell car we were going to use in this episode.

To give abit of back story in episode 5 we are wanting to help make the dream of a young 17 yr old boy from South Australia come true. After young Dylans sister passed away at the young age of only 5 Dylan found himself angry and confused. Like alot of angry confused young men Dylan has found his teen years a struggle at school and with the law. Getting in trouble every time he turned a corner Dylans family were stuck trying to think of anything that could help Dylan correct his ways and get his life back on track.

However after a visit to "The Magdaline Centre" a homeless shelter in Adelaides city centre with school Dylan quickly learnt that there were people in worse situations than himself. Realising that all he really ever wanted was for someone to help him Dylan decided he would Volunteer at the shelter. 3 years later and Dylan is still volunteering at the shelter and frequently spearheads campaigns with in Adelaides city centre to help those less fortunate turn their situations around.

We at Make My Life believe that such bravery, wisdom and care shown by someone who is so young and shouldnt have to worry about such big issues should be rewarded. This is were you come in. Before having to sell his beloved 1966 Mustang Fastback Mike Tresco from the ACT had volunteered to help Dylan accomplish his dream of owning an American Classic. Ever since a first sitting in a Mustang Dylan has wanted to own one. Now that he is able to drive and about to start a long journey of his Automotive apprenticeship we at Make My Life and Channel Ten would love to make his dream come true.

We are looking for a gratious soul to part with their 66 - 68 Fastback which is in working order obviously the body can need some work but we would really love for young Dylan to be able to use this as his daily driver. We are aware that its a big ask and we dont make it likely but with our last candidate having to bow out we are left with no choice but to ask for one of you the people who understand the love of these cars most to help us find what we are looking for.

We can offer upto $5000 for the car again we realise its a big ask but its for a specail kid. Please only genuine offers we cant afford to have Dylan to have his hopes raised on false promises.

Thank you for your time.

Sofie Doyle.

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 01:56:58 am »
Sofie.

What is your contact number and where abouts are you based?

Where abouts can anyone see the pilot of episode one to see what your program is about?

Who at channel 10 can anyone talk too about doing such a donation of there beloved fastback?

what are your credentials in the industry?

Offline 67er

• Worked
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 10:42:48 am »
Originally posted by MakeMyLife09
We are looking for a gratious soul to part with their 66 - 68 fastback

HOLY CRAP!!!!

Offline stangLover

• Blue Printed
    • http://www.eleanorforhire.com.au
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 11:06:59 am »
;x......... good luck.
We're all aware of the trouble and hardship it takes to get one of these cars and then some more to get it on the road. So whoever ends up donating theirs would definately have an Amazing soul!

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 11:09:44 am »
Sofie.

While I understand this might be for a good cause - just as an FYI, a 66 - 68 fastback even needing work would be worth in the vicinity of $25000 and upwards.

I'm not sure there are too many people on this forum who could afford to part with their car for $5000.

Good luck with your project.

Frank.

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 11:39:08 am »
Somewhere (shooting episode 6 on location in a Nigerian town), Sofie may be waking up soon to be able to give us all a reply.

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 11:50:57 am »
Hi Matt.

I was thinking the same thing ...  but The Magdaline Centre referred to in Adelaide is real.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline ChilliChadd

• Worked
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 12:24:58 pm »
Don't think anyone's gonna part with their pride and joy, not after all the blood sweat and tears that go into our cars. There's always that silly idea of working hard and saving enough money to be able to go and buy one.
We've all had some sort of hardship through our lives, that's life, it's how we deal with it that makes us stronger and smarter. It's amazing how the harder I work the more things fall into place and the goals I set eventuate. After all young Dylan is only 17, and has a huge future infront of him to get his dream.

6R07C*** Body-65A, Hardtop, standard interior, Colour-4, Silver Frost metallic, Trim-26, Black Crinkle Vinyl and Black Rosette Vinyl.
Date-03B, February 3rd ( same as the misus) D.S.O-72, San Jose Axle-F 2.80:1, Limited Slip

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 01:33:44 pm »
Good point Sean.

Someone @ 10 must have got a huge bonus for coming up with the idea for Masterchef. I think I was one of only a few people who didnt watch it.

The more shows like Big Bro, Idol etc. they keep coming up with, the more time to work on our cars !

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline 67er

• Worked
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 01:43:04 pm »
Originally posted by Frank70
Good point Sean.

Someone @ 10 must have got a huge bonus for coming up with the idea for Masterchef. I think I was one of only a few people who didnt watch it.

The more shows like Big Bro, Idol etc. they keep coming up with, the more time to work on our cars !

Cheers,
Frank.

They get a lot of their shows from the U.S versions.

Unlike that trash.....I do like my American Car!

Offline 67TTCoupe

• Worked
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 03:57:08 pm »
chillichadd mate couldnt agree more. :(

i cannot write as nice as you to get the same point accross so thanks for that. but will add this

pffffft 17 and want a dream car :w:w:w

im failing to see the "special" part.

there are people out there more worthy of a similar reward, and im sure the responses would have been different.

stuff like this upsets me so much that im trying so hard to not spill the beans.

so sorry Sofie may want to add another zero behind that number for anyone here to part with their blood sweat and tears for Dylan.

but i hope its just a stupid scam if ain't im never watching 10 again.
:*

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 04:22:45 pm »
All sounds very sus to me.:i
If it is above board, and I am a doubter, why would a woman with no automotive cred, be given the job of sourcing a cheap Mustang?
Surely an official approach to MOCA and Auto dealers would be the best starting point?
Sofie, it all reeks of unproffesionalism but in a way I hope I have got it all wrong.
The bucks you offer might just get some rims and tyres.
Cant Channel 10 spend a bit more moolah or get a donated Falcoon or Dunnydore as a first car ?
A Sceptic I definitely am.
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline soc123_au

• Blue Printed
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 09:37:56 am »
I am a generous soul, you can have this 68 fastback for $4000.00 leaves you a grand to go towards fixing the body.

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 09:58:52 am »
:+

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 10:00:20 am »
Bargain. :w:w:w:w
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline 66RedRagtop

• Supercharged
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 11:05:59 am »
All,

This is being checked out in 10 as of yesterday arvo.

Just a bit unusual that it was posted at 10.50pm, and no contact details were left.

The Magdalene Centre in Adelaide is kosher, as the missus is over there visiting, and cruised past their op shop in Carrington St.

Hope to have a good or bad feed back from a very senior 10 person later on today.

If OK, perhaps some kind Fastback owner in Adelaide could offer to take Dylan for a spin or something, then he can go out like everybody else and work his butt off to get his dream car.

We'd even send him in a nice model Mustang to put on his shelf for inspiration.

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 01:48:02 pm »
Originally posted by 66RedRagtop
All,

This is being checked out in 10 as of yesterday arvo.

Just a bit unusual that it was posted at 10.50pm, and no contact details were left.

The Magdalene Centre in Adelaide is kosher, as the missus is over there visiting, and cruised past their op shop in Carrington St.

Hope to have a good or bad feed back from a very senior 10 person later on today.

If OK, perhaps some kind Fastback owner in Adelaide could offer to take Dylan for a spin or something, then he can go out like everybody else and work his butt off to get his dream car.

We'd even send him in a nice model Mustang to put on his shelf for inspiration.

Here Here 66RR!

Good that you've help get to the bottom of this.

BTW, when I was 17 I had a really delinquent father, all I got were bad HSC marks and a self starting career!
The good news is that this guy seems to have found his own journey to pursue which is actually what really counts, if they want to get him a hobby car then there's plenty to do with old local product for $5,000 like an XP falcon, maybe get a bit closer to a coupe for not much more which would be a cool and great car for a 17 year old.

Cheers Bee
Cheers Bee

Offline 68pony

• Worked
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 06:19:50 pm »
Wow not any mustang will do ,has to be 66-68 fastback!, ah the things these scamers will get up to.

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 06:37:19 pm »
At least they've got good taste!

Cheers Bee
Cheers Bee

Offline DazP

• Pony
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 09:50:45 pm »
Originally posted by mo
Originally posted by Bumblebee
At least they've got good taste!

Cheers Bee

Or it's a good scam!

Any Updates??

Def a scam

2 Days and no reply, not even to defend herself about being a scammer.

Been a few on the forum lately.... What happened to Our mate who had the RHD Shelby's in the US funded by an Australian business man?? :+:+
[align=center]68 Fastback C code 3sp Man

[/align]

Offline 66RedRagtop

• Supercharged
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 12:51:12 am »
10 was doubtful late today, but wanted to check further.

Offline FatBoy66

• Pony
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2009, 04:19:49 am »
sounds like a scam

either that or its a 17 year old kid trying to get himself a cheap car thinking someone is going to give it too him for $5000

Offline Melissa Doyle

• Pony
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2009, 08:37:42 pm »
Hey, its Sofie's sister Melissa here, I'm in yellow, she's wearing the black. Hello Mustangers!;{

This show is real. Koshie and I were talking about it on the Today program this morning! I'm so proud of my sister! She really hopes she can help a young bogan out with a priceless pussy puller.

I also have an inheritance that I would like to share with one of you. If you just U2U me your account details, a drivers license number and your pin number, you'll have a healthy amount in your bank very soon!

Cheers,
Melissa Doyle, your number 1 fan

xx

Me and Sofie!!1111!!1!!OMGZWTFBBQ??!!

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2009, 09:31:41 pm »
GOLD

:+:+:+:+

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2009, 10:10:57 pm »
What a crock of :[

Im thinkin that these fellas are going to catch on very soon that Ozzies dont get as scammed as easy as the yanks do and that the lessser population in Oz means a tighter community of information about this sort of dribble

..give us ya bank account details...yeah sure...no wukkas mate