My cars, Warning Non FoMoCo content lol

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: My cars, Warning Non FoMoCo content lol  (Read 6069 times)

Offline 6pakdave

• Thoroughbred
« on: July 27, 2009, 07:25:04 pm »
Well,Ive been on here long enough,on n off anyways. Ive finally sussed the photobucket deal so heres some pix of my past n present cars. No pix but Ive owned a few Fords in the past incl BB & SB Mustangs,Galaxies. No car bias here ! lol
Hope you like 'em.

cheers Dave

My beloved 70SS396 Chevelle,owned since '89. Build sheet,tilt P/steer,P/W,T/H400,console, repro black trim kit in 91!, 3.7 12bolt posi. RHD

My 70 NM T/A owned for 6yrs or so now. Orig 340/6bbl,4spd pistolgrip,3.91 suregrip,rally dash ,console

My 68 I restored and sold late last year. Orig NM HP383,console auto.orig sunfire yellow,black trim

My old 65 GTO sold here in OZ in 66 so RHD. 389 2spd auto 3.9's factory black on black, sold 2 or so years ago and prob one of the nicest drivers Ive owned.

My 70 GTX 'vert clone 383 auto 8 3/4 sold about 4 yrs ago. pix from the orig Mopar Sunday back in 03

My daily driver, 2 owner XY V8 F'mont, console w/dealer A/C.Bronze Wine w/ orig saddle trim[ kinda upsets the locals when I do a tip run in it with  the trailer lol]

My old daily driver, 70 Elky, 350/350 12bolt

My wife driving our old 65 to the nostalgias

my 70 NM Roadrunner,383 airgrabber,4spd pistolgrip,black bench trim.

There's been others that I'd wished i kept [dont we all?] Anyways hope you like them,even though they aint all Ford products !

Offline Bllett

• Worked
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 07:41:18 pm »
some nice classy cars Dave, very nice love the chevelle my son loves them
:(:(

Offline eri67

• Blue Printed
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 07:44:06 pm »
Nice pack there Dave, the xy tip story reminds me about a local guy here in Launceston who I  used too see driving a really nice original xc hardtop, including towing a trailer to the local tip, saw him one day try to reverse that trailer up to the face, myself and about half a dozen other guys stopped to admire his coupe, the pressure must of been too much or something because he started jackknifing and he didn't notice, dont think he heard over the growl of the clevo either, because he kept on going putting a massive crease in the pristine quarter,  a brave tip attendant ran up to him telling, actually shouting for him to stop, at this time i had unloaded and got into the van to drive away, in my rear vision mirror I saw a guy of probably 55 get out and dropp to his knees sobbing.......poor bastard.      

Offline moe

• Top Streeter
  • Name: "Moe"
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 07:52:52 pm »
how do you decide what to drive on which day?  Cool decision to make, though!

Very impressive!;z

Offline 66FBK

• Worked
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 07:55:39 pm »
Nice rides there Dave. The only thing that should slow you collecting some nice toys is the size of your shed... but you can have 2 sheds..
He, with the most toys wins.

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 08:42:30 pm »
Hi Dave,

Nice bunch of cars. I notice the 70 Challenger next to your TA Challenger. I am heading back to CA in September to finish a 70 Challenger the exact same colour as the one beside yours. It a 440 R/T slap stick car.

Restored all the aluminium trim on that car last year & had it all reannodised. The grille was a nightmare, so many pieces & all riveted together, was bucking solid rivets for hours on that piece.

Have a 59 Mercedes 190SL to complete, along with a hemi powered A model Ford roadster pickup, but thats in my spare time!

Also will be playing with a 70 T/A Cuda 340 6 pack & a 71 Cuda convert that is getting a Landy 426 Hemi. They will be nice rides.

Goes to show, we all like nice cars here.

Offline Thirsty428

• Blue Printed
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 09:40:25 pm »
Nice Collection.
Wheels on the Chevelle really give the car an attitude. ;2
Great looking car.
Is it just me or are more mustang owners also fans of the challengers / Cuda's?

John

Offline mach70

• Blue Printed
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 09:51:25 pm »
Well as you said not all Ford but they are still great cars.

Being a Ford nut I can still appreciate all good Classics.

Love em.

Offline booah

• Worked
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 10:15:55 pm »
Awesome cars, I grew up in Canada and had a 71 chevelle. Still think about it all the time and was looking for another before I found my Mach 1. Good to see your taking pics as I don't have many of the cars I had back then. Kicking my self now!

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 10:11:21 am »
Yeah Dave.

I really like Mopars - Challengers and 'cudas - something about them. Pity they are much more expensive in terms of parts than Mustangs.

Would love to pick up an E-body one day and drop a hemi crate or 440 6-pak motor in it.

Love your cars - all really nice. congrats.

cheers,
Frank.

Offline 6pakdave

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 04:46:01 pm »
 Thanks for the comments guys.

The other 70 in the pix is a mates car in Bris. Its colour is FK5 Dark Burnt Orange, kinda rare too.

Frank, you are very correct, Mopars are prob one of the most expensive to restore. Not many repop parts avail, but they are getting better. Just ask Oz about his stainless and grill parts!

Heres one of my old 70 Challenger 'vert [ the blue one] at Mopar Sunday 04

cheers Dave