RIP Brockie

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: RIP Brockie  (Read 3299 times)

Offline jmd1

• Blue Printed
RIP Brockie
« on: September 08, 2006, 05:41:13 pm »
How bad a week has this been first the untimely demise of Steve [THE CROC MAN] Irwin and now Brockie o'k he drove GM gear for most of his career but no one can deny how good he was.
All motorsport enthusiasts will surely miss not seeing Brockie at most race events.He was always there to sign an autograph or have a picture taken.
Brockie will be sorely missed by all Aussie's as he was an icon and I'm sure that I'm not the only one that wishes the family all the best for the future and my condolences for this tragic accident:w

Offline srh

• Thoroughbred
RIP Brockie
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 07:39:42 pm »
yes what a shocking week!
First Steve Irwin now Brocky, 2 aussie legends in one week!
Hard to believe they are gone....

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
RIP Brockie
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 08:16:15 pm »
What a tragic week.I had the pleasure of meeting Brocky on a few occasions and worshipped the guy.What he has done for motor sport in this country will not be surpassed.Ford lovers in general terms would admit that without his heroics,mainly with Holden,there wouldnt be the same fantastic rivalry that this sport enjoys in our country.I would suggest that Bathurst be dedicated to his fabulous memory. RIP Brocky.  Johnno.
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline jmd1

• Blue Printed
RIP Brockie
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 08:20:27 pm »
Johno
couln't agree more.
Check ouy ebay  the parasites are into it big time.
BLOODY MONGRELS.
John D

Offline jas24zzk

• Worked
RIP Brockie
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 12:40:19 am »
Too right John,
   i have an FPV hat signed by brockie....and it ain't for sale....
ITS MINE!!.

(forget its dedicated to me, he took the time to chat to me and sign my hat...its my memory and not for sale!)

if we were half as good as brockie, we'd be as good as the rest.

Long live the legend!

Jas

Offline dropbearracing

• Stallion
RIP Brockie
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 04:33:03 pm »
HE WAS A LEGEND THAT HAS NO EQUAL,GOOD NATURED & AN AMAZING MAN TO LISTEN TO AND WATCH AROUND BATHURST.I MEET PETER ONCE AND HE GAVE ME SOME GOOD TIPS WHEN I WAS AT THE STREET MACHINE NATIONALS WAY BACK IN THE EIGHTIES.
                    NEVER TO BE FORGOTTEN PETER BROCK,

PHIL.;]

Offline jmd1

• Blue Printed
RIP Brockie
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 04:59:16 pm »
Got a text today that sums up this week really well.
Steve Irwin was taking too long to get to Heaven so God got Brockie to drive him!

Offline jas24zzk

• Worked
RIP Brockie
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 12:23:09 am »
Yes Knight did a cartoon along those lines in the Satd'y sun,  
Basically brockie driving his old A30 offering steve a lift.

It's been a sad week for Oz.
Peter is the most loved of all motor sport people in Oz, even if he did drive holdens.
Steve, a greenie that everyone loved...he promoted his cause via education rather than dumb protests.

Germaine Greer's response....i think Gold 104's fake John howard call in sums it up perfectly....too many whacks with the ugly stick!

JMD, your comment is pretty much a joke.....a typical aussie making light of a bad situation, on that note i'll continue....

First thing brocky heard when he got to the pearly gates....."Crikey, not you too!!"

As they say, the good go young, and unfortunatley for Us as a nation, its happened twice in one week.

I hope they rest in the peace that people continue with the good causes they began.

Solemly

Jas

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
  • A bit of concours nutter, but I'm still learning!!
RIP Brockie
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 09:18:42 pm »
I first can remember Brockie from the late 70's when I was only in single digits years.  I was lucky enough to meet him on a couple occassions and he wasc to happy allow my dad to take to photo of myself with him which I'll treasure.

When I was growing I wanted to be like Brockie and become a race driver and win all the races just like him.  I'm just thankful I had  the chance to meet him.  As there was never anything that was too much of bother for him as he made to time to spend with us all.  

He'll be deeply missed by all.  My sincere condolences to the entire Brock family.

Adam
Have now converted the other half into doing some of the Concours washin, cleaning & polishing stuff!!!!!!!!

Offline pala

• Worked
RIP Brockie
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 01:48:07 am »