Checking vehicle history

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Checking vehicle history  (Read 2323 times)

Offline Tony67

• Stallion
Checking vehicle history
« on: August 23, 2006, 08:27:27 pm »
Im in the process of buying a 67 fastback and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on doing a history check on the car. I have done the Mustang Decoder and all that info is correct.

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
  • A bit of concours nutter, but I'm still learning!!
Checking vehicle history
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 09:47:48 pm »
Tony67

Have you obtained a Marti report on the car?  As this will tell you more detailed information about the car.

Herman
Have now converted the other half into doing some of the Concours washin, cleaning & polishing stuff!!!!!!!!

Offline Andymac

• Stallion
    • http://www.mustangaddicts.com
Checking vehicle history
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 08:58:08 pm »
I am sure I stumbled on a website once, where you could actually get a copy from Ford of the original sales receipt that was given to the first owner of the car.

All you needed to supply was the VIN number, and you received a delivery sheet listing all the details such as engine, trim, accessories, colour, where the car was assembled, delivered to,  and even the name of the original owner.

Sorry I can't remember where I found it. A bit of digging on Google might unearth something...I think it may even have been the official Ford America site.
Don't get left out of the loop. Join our online Mustang Community at
http://www.mustangaddicts.com/presents/YourOnlineCommunity
Free Blogs-Forum-Photo Gallery-Classifieds-Chatrooms-StangTube Video

Offline srh

• Thoroughbred
Checking vehicle history
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 09:34:53 pm »
Hi Tony67,
Have a look at www.martiauto.com  you can order the report from there.
They can only supply for Mustangs 1967 on as Ford apparently destroyed the earlier records.....
regards,
Steve