1969 coupe rebuild complete

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 1969 coupe rebuild complete  (Read 6913 times)

Offline Benny

• P Plates
« on: May 04, 2009, 07:13:50 am »
Hey all,
           My name is Benny and I'm from the Sunshine Coast.I purchased a 69 coupe as an unfinished project 5 months ago. It was surpost to be 95% complete,but turned out to be more like about 60%.Have spent way to much time and money on it,but have enjoyed it, being a mechanic and have built a few others from scatch. It is originally 55,000 miles californian rust free car,which was imported here in 1998 with a 302w and c4.It is now still on original std pistons and std size crank journals with World Casting cylinder heads,crane mild cam,roller rockers, Alloy Radiator which would cool my ex wife down etc etc with Headman headers HPC coated and custom made 2 1/4 exhaust which sounds really tough along with the gilmere drive, but not to noisy.The c4 was reconditioned and the 8 3/4 diff was replaced as could not get an LSD for it,by a new 9'' (new gears,new steel billet axles,new brakes and reco lsd with all new parts). The suspension is all new with under mount rear leaf springs lowered 2" with 15x8 superlites with 265 tyres on the rear and 15x7 with 225 on the front. The body shell is one of the straightest ones I have seen, with nothing butchered, (not even the lips on the guards have been touched). It is painted in XY GT "yellow glow" which makes it stand out .The interior is original black with the original seats in original condition and perfect.New hood lining , carpets ,door cards,stainless/timber steering wheel and complete rubber kit throughout the whole car.All guages in the car are the  original from the car and working,the car did not have a tacho originally so don't want to butcher the dash by putting one in.(it is built for crusing only and is fully registed).I still need a dash top,so if anyone knows where I can get one that is not over priced ?.New fuel tank and centre.I have painted the car yellow under the bonnet as was the boring black, painted really badly, so decided to strip it back to bare metal aswell and start again.The end result has come up better than expected, but exceeded alot more money than expected on little things like 150 stainless steel bolts etc.I have have kept the car original except for the 9" and got rid of the front drums and put Stainless Steel Brake Corp 4 pot conversion kit on.I will post some more photos of under the bonnet  of what is was like when I got it later.Benny                        http://s678.photobucket.com/albums/vv146/neztikb/?albumview=grid                                                                  

Offline ScottQLD

• Worked
    • http://www.stangtv.com/
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 07:53:43 am »
:i  Very Nice... Welcome to the club

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 08:06:41 am »
The colour suites, nice job.
cheers