Number Plates

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Number Plates  (Read 7557 times)

Offline Aussie67

• Stallion
Number Plates
« on: April 22, 2009, 03:54:31 pm »
I have a 2007 model Mustang that will be arriving in Perth soon  ;2 and wondering if anyone can help me?

As you are probably all aware the American Number plates are not as wide as the Aussie plates and consequently ours do not fit in the recessed position in the bumpers all that well. I have seen a couple of people have had their number plates "re-made" to the US sizes that will fit neatly into position. I have also seen stickers used so that you can just stick the front number plate on.

Does anyone know who in Perth manufactures either the steel, or plastic, type number plates or even the sticker type?

Thanks for your help.

Peter.
2007 GT500 Coupe - Personalised plate "07SHLBY" Interior Upgrade Package, Shaker 1000 Stereo, Ford Racing Axle Back Exhaust, JLT CAI Intake Evolution Stage 2 Package - 2.6" Pulley, Steeda (Evo.) Intercooler upgrade (Steeda) Eibach ProKit, Steeda Adjustable Upper & Lower Control Arms, Steeda Adjustable Panhard Bar Steeda Hood Lift Kit, JLT Carbon Fibre Mirror Covers, Silverhorse Quarter Window Louvres JLT Carbon Fibre Radiator Cover (Signed by Henry Ford III) - with extensions, JLT Fuse Box Cover Shelby - Dash Plaque Kit, Fluid Caps, Floor and Trunk Mats, Short Shifter Shelby - Dead Pedal Cover

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Number Plates
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 04:01:07 pm »
Aussie..  I'd be checking with Mr Plod as the manufacture or copying of any plate in any shape or form is illegal in most states.

Offline fatso1

• Worked
Number Plates
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 06:11:26 pm »
When you get personalised plates here in QLD you can request US size plates i have done this for my 67 no bending no cutting. You may want to ask transport and see if you can do the same. Otherwise you may have to pick a personal plate.

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
Number Plates
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 06:25:19 pm »
Bent plates ( front ) are illegal in Victoria, so I just got some solid rubber dowel, drilled it and with longer screws attached plate flat, to the front with no probs.
It sits about 20-25mm out from normal position but looks quite neat.:(
These are personalised, standard, 6 digit Vic plates.
Rear plate fitted flat in normal position without any special stuff required.
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline scott66stang

• Worked
  • Account Suspended
    • http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6440&page=1
Number Plates
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 07:22:21 pm »
Aussie , i have the custom plates Application form in front of me for WA.
You have the choice of 1/2 size (190x134mm) 1-3 characters
or 3/4 size which will do the job (315x134mm)1-5 characters. Available in aluminim $350 or polycarbonate $450 from memory normal size plates are (372x134mm) Any D.P.I. licencing branch will have them displayed.

Offline rickchampion

• Blue Printed
Number Plates
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 10:44:17 pm »
on the subject of plates im having a debate with a friend,
what does everyone think is better, elenor or elanor?

Offline philb

• Worked
Number Plates
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 08:42:57 am »
How about hellanor??
69 fastback 351W

Offline mustangsally

• Pony
Number Plates
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 09:03:46 pm »
I'm sure it's Eleanor, you know it takes a woman to know these things!! ;3

Offline rickchampion

• Blue Printed
Number Plates
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 10:19:15 pm »
can only have 6 letters in tassie,
not 7

Offline Aussie67

• Stallion
Number Plates
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 10:37:15 pm »
Thanks for the help everyone.
The newer model cars have a recess for US size plates which is quite tight and I have Shelby number plate surrounds I would really like to use. It appears the WA size options are not quite the same, maybe we should lobby for what QLD has........
Anyhow, I will keep working on it to find a solution.
2007 GT500 Coupe - Personalised plate "07SHLBY" Interior Upgrade Package, Shaker 1000 Stereo, Ford Racing Axle Back Exhaust, JLT CAI Intake Evolution Stage 2 Package - 2.6" Pulley, Steeda (Evo.) Intercooler upgrade (Steeda) Eibach ProKit, Steeda Adjustable Upper & Lower Control Arms, Steeda Adjustable Panhard Bar Steeda Hood Lift Kit, JLT Carbon Fibre Mirror Covers, Silverhorse Quarter Window Louvres JLT Carbon Fibre Radiator Cover (Signed by Henry Ford III) - with extensions, JLT Fuse Box Cover Shelby - Dash Plaque Kit, Fluid Caps, Floor and Trunk Mats, Short Shifter Shelby - Dead Pedal Cover

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW member since 2008
  • Name: Gazza
Number Plates
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 01:06:24 pm »
Originally posted by rickchampion
on the subject of plates im having a debate with a friend,
what does everyone think is better, elenor or elanor?

If you are in NSW, ELENOR is already taken.

http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/ss45/gdivola/?action=view&current=DSCF3792.jpg
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

Offline Sommers157

• Pony
Number Plates
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 01:09:51 am »
Can someone please tell me what is the actual size of the recessed area for the front number plate of a 66 Coupe? I am checking out plate sizes whilst my new purchase is being shipped and I know that the standard WA plate will not fit the front recessed area. Per posts above we have different options with plates sizes but just wanted to know what the actual recess size is. I assume there is no problem fro the back plates as any size will fit?
cheers

Offline Phoenix

• Worked
Number Plates
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2009, 04:48:09 am »
I have NSW bicentennial plates on mine, same size and shape as the US plates. Pinched them of a wide body Camry in the Bowling Club carpark. I don't think he has noticed yet.

Cheers Phoenix.
Phoenix, from the desert, not the ashes.
Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW member since 2008
  • Name: Gazza
Number Plates
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 09:18:37 am »
Originally posted by Sommers157
Can someone please tell me what is the actual size of the recessed area for the front number plate of a 66 Coupe? I am checking out plate sizes whilst my new purchase is being shipped and I know that the standard WA plate will not fit the front recessed area. Per posts above we have different options with plates sizes but just wanted to know what the actual recess size is. I assume there is no problem fro the back plates as any size will fit?
cheers

The flat area of the front recess is 12" obviously to suit the US plates. I have made a bracket to stand-off my NSW custom plate.

If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary