Ballarat Nationals.

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Ballarat Nationals.  (Read 2945 times)

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
Ballarat Nationals.
« on: March 25, 2009, 08:00:14 pm »
I am interested to know how many interstate MOCA members (and Mustang owners in general) are planning to attend our Nats this year in Ballarat. :]
Seems to be plenty of interest here with  NSW, ACT, SA, WA, TAS, and QLD? all probably represented. NT??
Any idea of numbers guys?  
We need to show those Studebaker peeps, coming up to Ballarat as well, how to have a big show! :(
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
    • http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ozzyone_photos/66%20GT350H/?albumv
  • Name: Dale
Ballarat Nationals.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 03:32:51 pm »
I for one am coming........I wasn't untill a couple weeks back when I found they decided to reopen the entries for display judged so I bit the bullet so to speak & will be making the journey across. To the best of my knowledge there are about 32 cars from MOCSA coming............I hope to see a lot of nice cars & meet a heap of great folks...............Bring it on.....Dale
Paint by IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
build thread...http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14043.0.html

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
    • http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ozzyone_photos/66%20GT350H/?albumv
  • Name: Dale
Ballarat Nationals.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 12:49:43 pm »
Yes my first Nats Phil. I purchased the car in Alabama last July got it here in October & have been enjoying the ride ever since.....My wife & I joined MOCSA in December which is the first we heard of the Nats in Ballarat & it was a bit late for us to get involved, but since they reopened the entry for display judged I saw it as the only way in so here I come........She has to work all easter so I will be on my own.....:+......Dale
Paint by IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
build thread...http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14043.0.html

Offline kiwi69

• Thoroughbred
Ballarat Nationals.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 04:56:49 pm »
Hey guys I'm fairly new to this forum and see that the mustang nats are in Ballarat this year - damn me and the missus were down there in Jan!!  We live in Far Nth Qld and are waiting to purchase a 67 fastback. (painfully waiting!!) How does the venue get picked for the nats?  Does it get shared around the states?  

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
Ballarat Nationals.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 05:34:04 pm »
Its my 1st Mustang Nationals as well, having bought my Mustang some 3 1/2 years ago, I haven't had the opportunity to go to any other Mustang Nats yet. Glad its back in Victoria again! :+:+
Look forward to meeting some of you Intrstate guys and girls in Ballarat, esp the 67-68 owners of which I am one.:];{
Unfortunately, the lake in Ballarat has had to be mown recently ( yes , it's a huge dry indented paddock at present ) but the rest of Ballarat is a real tourist's haven, with plenty to do. Gold mining was a big part of its previous history. Plenty of nice refreshment palaces too.;+:2
Please come and say hello, you'll know me by my rego plate!:(
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline kiwi69

• Thoroughbred
Ballarat Nationals.
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 05:43:49 pm »
Hi IGALOP, great name mate!  Unfortunately we won't be there this year;]  Hopefully when the nats are a bit closer to home .....say few thousand kms:w  I hope to seal deal shortly on 67 fastback with the help of Matt from Shermatt.  Will post some pics if the deal goes through - fingers crossed we took bus tour to Ballarat sure did see that rather large paddock you guys used to call a lake!  The goldmine tour and town at Ballarat is a great tourist attraction though.  Nice place Victoria:p

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
Ballarat Nationals.
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 07:15:37 pm »
I'm working Good Friday unfortunately and we traditionally do the family thing easter sunday, so the only day I can make it down there is Saturday. Not 100% sure, but will try. Dont know if the Stang will be finished being painted by then. Dont think so - even it is , there will be no interior.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Ballarat Nationals.
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 08:36:53 pm »
Originally posted by kiwi69
Hey guys I'm fairly new to this forum and see that the mustang nats are in Ballarat this year - dang me and the missus were down there in Jan!!  We live in Far Nth Qld and are waiting to purchase a 67 fastback. (painfully waiting!!) How does the venue get picked for the nats?  Does it get shared around the states?  

Yes it moves around from state to state, South Aust is next year.
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline kiwi69

• Thoroughbred
Ballarat Nationals.
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 10:23:40 am »
Great SA next year,  even further away!  thats my luck.  If i win lotto I will transport my stang down there (when I get it)and fly:+

Offline spud

• Thoroughbred
Ballarat Nationals.
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 08:59:18 pm »
66 emberglow
when do ou plan on driving over to ballarat?
are you going the long way or short thru Horsham.
We hope to drive from Horham on Sat. morning.
Spud

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
Ballarat Nationals.
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 08:52:21 pm »
Originally posted by Frank70
I'm working Good Friday unfortunately and we traditionally do the family thing easter sunday, so the only day I can make it down there is Saturday. Not 100% sure, but will try. Dont know if the Stang will be finished being painted by then. Dont think so - even it is , there will be no interior.

Cheers,
Frank.

So whats to say you cand get around with no interior!

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres