manufacturers specs

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: manufacturers specs  (Read 4863 times)

Offline rick ross the boss

• Thoroughbred
manufacturers specs
« on: March 23, 2009, 12:44:15 am »
does anyone know a ford manual, book, site etc that would have the original weight for a 66' c-code 289 coupe?? i gather there around 1350kg and up but is there anywhere you know of that will verify this and that is a ford site so i can satisfy vic-roads who want the "manufacturer's specifications"??

cheers everyone

'bags are for groceries'

[marquee]
[/marquee]
'bags are for groceries'

Offline moe

• Top Streeter
  • Name: "Moe"
manufacturers specs
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 01:08:21 am »

Curb-weight range, pounds: 2,445-2,800 (1965); 2,488-2,800 (1966)

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1965-1966-ford-mustang-specifications.htm

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
manufacturers specs
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 11:18:43 am »
hmmm..... lighter than I thought. 2800lb is 1270kg.
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor

• Thoroughbred
manufacturers specs
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 12:17:53 pm »
i need the manufacturers specifications is all.. iv called all around ford australia and ford america and emailed their archive departments etc but ford australia's records only go back to 1969 and mine's a 66, and they said even the info around 69 was sketchy. what i need is some sort of official book or manual or ford website that i can take to my mechanic and have him sign to say that to the best of his knowledge the car is so-and-so weight and so-and-so horsepower which iv already got.

i actually spent $95.00 on a ford mustang repair/service manual and in its 200 or so pages not a SINGLE MENTION of the weight!! :[

anyway does anyone know of a book or ford site where i might be able to get this info?
'bags are for groceries'

[marquee]
[/marquee]
'bags are for groceries'

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
manufacturers specs
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 12:19:54 pm »
Can't take it to a weigh bridge??
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor

• Thoroughbred
manufacturers specs
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 12:23:38 pm »
vic roads seemingly are'nt fussed with a weigh bridge, they are more concerned with the manufacturers specs and every single time i call them they say "just find some source where the manufacturer has stated the weight and go by that" but the cars f****** 44 years old so i cant find anything.

most of the sources iv found say 1350-1400kg or so which means that its legal for me to drive as a P-Plater, but i need this from a ford source.. :_

the issue is capacity to weight
'bags are for groceries'

[marquee]
[/marquee]
'bags are for groceries'

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
manufacturers specs
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 12:36:58 pm »
Rick,
 Have you thought of the "Mustang Fact Book" for your year model? All of this data is printed in there. I got one for my '68 model.
Cheers, Ron B

• Thoroughbred
manufacturers specs
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 12:40:52 pm »
thats a good idea R_Beckhaus, i'v been thinking about that, they are pretty cheap too are'nt they? where would i purchase one? have seen some on mustang parts sites in america but would rather purchase one in aus for the convenience. where did you get yours if you dont mind me asking?

Michael
'bags are for groceries'

[marquee]
[/marquee]
'bags are for groceries'

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
manufacturers specs
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 12:46:54 pm »
I bought mine from Phil Whickham, he's my local guru and supplier, so I guess you should check your regular Mustang parts dealer. They aren't expensive, something around $25.00, maybe a bit less.
Cheers, Ron

• Thoroughbred
manufacturers specs
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 12:56:39 pm »
he's located near newcastle nsw isn't he? does he have a site where i could order one?
'bags are for groceries'

[marquee]
[/marquee]
'bags are for groceries'

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
manufacturers specs
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 02:49:08 pm »
Rick,
 www.mustangspares.com or email to info@mustangspares.com. or phone (02)49908677.

If you're in VIC, you could try www.justmustangs.com.au  or  www.mustangsofmelbourne.com.au as well
all these dealers should have them or be able to get them. Good luck with it.
Cheers, Ron B

• Thoroughbred
manufacturers specs
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 03:05:43 pm »
cheers Ron thanks for all the help, much appreciated.
'bags are for groceries'

[marquee]
[/marquee]
'bags are for groceries'

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
manufacturers specs
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 07:55:19 pm »
1965-66 max. weight = 2800 pounds.
Length = 181.6 inches.
Width = 68.2 inches.
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
  • MOCA NSW member since 2008
  • Name: Gazza
manufacturers specs
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 08:26:52 pm »
Because of the hundreds of options available at the buyers request at the time, I dare say there are no figures available for any particular vehicle off the assembly line other than the very bare production model. For example, my factory GT 66 coupe was supplied with delux options but no A/C, no pwr steer, no centre console' no LSD, no luggage rack, no compass, no brake warning light, no remote control boot release, and as the sales brochure (which I have) says "PLUS MANY, MANY MORE-OVER 70 MUSTANG OPTIONS IN ALL". And, my GT could have been a dealer optioned GT which would have been slightly lighter due to structural additives during manufacture. Weigh bridge is the obvious solution, but how do you convince those turkeys.
Good luck!
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
manufacturers specs
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 03:37:39 pm »
Ricjk, I hope I haven't sent you off on a wild goose chase. I checked my '68 Owners manual first and couldn't find cub weights in it, so I suggested the fact book, as they are based on reprints of the original sales brochures. The 66 owners handbook must be different.
Cheers, Ron B

• Thoroughbred
manufacturers specs
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 04:34:52 pm »
does anyone out there by chance have a 66 owners manual or 66 fact book and if so could you possibly check if it has the weight in it or not, just so i dont order them and wait a week only to find they are not going to solve my problem.

MANY THANKS if you do!!!

Michael
'bags are for groceries'

[marquee]
[/marquee]
'bags are for groceries'

• Thoroughbred
manufacturers specs
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 04:36:57 pm »
oh and P.S thanks heaps R_Beckhaus, Sean piquet, GT Sally, IGALOP, mo and BLKPNY.. the help is as always much appreciated!!

Michael
'bags are for groceries'

[marquee]
[/marquee]
'bags are for groceries'

Offline 67er

• Worked
manufacturers specs
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 04:40:42 pm »
I know this doesn't help but I bought my owners manual from these guys for my 67.

http://www.mustangautoparts.com.au/books.html

They are on the Gold Coast, QLD

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
manufacturers specs
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 05:22:21 pm »
Rick, they are trying to work out the power to weight ratio, BLKPNY was right in you supplying them with a weigh bridge certificate.  That is the kerb weight of the car.  Many cars varied as different options were available: hence the difference in weights.  

Ask to speak to the supervisor there.

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
manufacturers specs
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 07:47:58 pm »
Michael " rick ross the boss". I have a repro of Glovebox Owners Manual and Sales brochure for '66. I can send copies of pages that won't help you but may be ammunition!!! No mention of kerb weights. I'll send u2u with my email address.
If you haven't grown up & matured by the age of 55, (65 now & nothin has changed) YOU DON'T HAVE TOO.....Gary

• Thoroughbred
manufacturers specs
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 10:04:55 pm »
cheers GT sally, check your emails, thanks again everyone for the help!!

michael
'bags are for groceries'

[marquee]
[/marquee]
'bags are for groceries'

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
manufacturers specs
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 11:07:21 pm »
Michael, have replied 2 email, if you need more pages, just ask no probs, let's get your beast on'd'road!
Gary

• Thoroughbred
manufacturers specs
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 11:29:58 pm »
Cheers for the email Gary, very informative and i always love to have a read of the original documentation surrounding the 66. Also the fact that it says the horsepower for the c-code and the engine capacity from ford themselves is very useful, i might even order the owners manual as its so cheap and would be cool to own and keep in the glovebox haha.

thanks mate for all your help very in-keeping with the helpful spirit of everyone at MOCA!! :(

Michael
'bags are for groceries'

[marquee]
[/marquee]
'bags are for groceries'

Offline GT Sally

• Blue Printed
manufacturers specs
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009, 11:49:35 pm »
Michael, I have only owned my Mustang 13 months but I have a MUSEUM OF STUFF (all collected in 13 months)! Books, models, stubbie holders (luv my beer), metal signs & lots lots more. I was 15 when I first saw a Mustang, that was 1966 (coincidence?). My son had me running all over Sydney looking at muzzies 11 years ago (he was 15) as he was a Spray painter apprentice & had the "urge" but I didn't have the "$". When I retired, our dream come true, so if you have to wait till you're off "P's" then so beit! THE WAIT IS WORTH IT!

• Thoroughbred
manufacturers specs
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 12:05:03 am »
mate i appreciate the sentiment and i love the fact that you finally got your dream (the photo you sent through with the email looked gorgeous) but absolutely nothings stopping me from driving this mustang hahaha.. iv already set several plans in motion to legalize the car properly and am purchasing it on thursday this week if all goes according to plan, im 19 and its a beautiful ford silver blue coupe with cream interior etc.. ill introduce myself and the car to the forum when its all finalised.

to say i was excited would be the understatement of the year. :+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+

cheers gary

michael
'bags are for groceries'

[marquee]
[/marquee]
'bags are for groceries'