I'm In

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: I'm In  (Read 6149 times)

Offline blocko

• Thoroughbred
I'm In
« on: March 20, 2009, 04:45:45 pm »
Sunday 5th April.        (Non-Members welcome);_
Northam Flying 50.   This is the Centenary of the event so the town will be buzzing. Plenty to see and do other than watching the racing.
All day event: Racing starts about 10am and finishes late in the afternoon. Stay as long as you like.
Meeting at:  Midland  Centerpoint Carpark. Opp Railway Station.
Time:  8.30am for 9.00am depart to Northam.
Tickets issued on the day. A small fee of $15.00 per vehicle gives us entry ot  the Pit Area and Display Parking.

Questions: post them here or contact Andrew New or myself to advise your participation or for more details.

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
I'm In
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 08:28:25 pm »
I'm in.
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline blocko

• Thoroughbred
I'm In
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 10:27:03 am »
Guys and girls, the entry is $15.00 per vehicle. Sorry not $5.00 as I posted originally.:*
The entry gets you Program, Pit Pass and Reserved parking (club arranged).

Rob

Offline Bigblock390

• Pony
I'm In
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 10:52:13 pm »
Is the parking that has been arranged secure?? Yeah I know I am paranoid but we all love our cars don't we... Cheers Steve...

Offline Cruzn65

• Worked
I'm In
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 12:06:39 pm »
parking is in club display area, there will be other members cars parked alongside and plenty of hawk-eyed members at that.  Usually some members will set up their chairs and picnics close by so there is always a vigilant set of eyes close by.

Offline Bigblock390

• Pony
I'm In
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 12:52:25 am »
Thanks, sounds pretty good to me. I think I had better go then. See you all there.....

Offline Cruzn65

• Worked
I'm In
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 10:57:25 am »
I'd like to see you there mate because its a great day but I have way too much stuff on this w\e and Im saving my points for the Greenhills run :( :2

Offline Aussie67

• Stallion
I'm In
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 12:41:16 pm »
Hi Guys

Still do not have my cars, but getting closer. I am going to come up to Northam for a look anyway with a mate. I will meet you guys at the Midland carpark.

Peter.
2007 GT500 Coupe - Personalised plate "07SHLBY" Interior Upgrade Package, Shaker 1000 Stereo, Ford Racing Axle Back Exhaust, JLT CAI Intake Evolution Stage 2 Package - 2.6" Pulley, Steeda (Evo.) Intercooler upgrade (Steeda) Eibach ProKit, Steeda Adjustable Upper & Lower Control Arms, Steeda Adjustable Panhard Bar Steeda Hood Lift Kit, JLT Carbon Fibre Mirror Covers, Silverhorse Quarter Window Louvres JLT Carbon Fibre Radiator Cover (Signed by Henry Ford III) - with extensions, JLT Fuse Box Cover Shelby - Dash Plaque Kit, Fluid Caps, Floor and Trunk Mats, Short Shifter Shelby - Dead Pedal Cover

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
I'm In
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 08:52:18 pm »
See you there. :(
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline pcoe428

• Worked
I'm In
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 09:33:22 am »
Should be a good day, ideal mustang weather :( & Steve if yours likes the juice (98oct) have known fuel stns in Northam to close early, so make sure well filled up.
Looking forward to it, see you all there.

Offline Bubbleboy66

• Pony
I'm In
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 12:50:22 pm »
;_look forward to catching you all up Philippa wants to drive home so who's up for a pub lunch:2

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
I'm In
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 08:47:24 pm »
Well what a day, nice run up the hill, dont forget to wave to the inevitable speed camera (thats all they were going to get from us).
Everything thing seemed to be running tickety-boom but then Bigblock 390 slowed for an evaluation of his hood scoop, ( thanks for checking up on them Peter). Anyway it wasnt enough to stop him having fun, he just drove more casually and got there in one peice.
Once everyone was assembled in the 2nd designated parking area (Blocko was'nt amused at the bird life in the original area). We went off in search of...... anything ( I went looking for food), and then for a look at the various vantage points available around the track. On the way way back to the pits though I happened to stumble across several women, known to be associated with MOCWA, lurking in an old back alley. Surprising just who you meet in a Northam back alley.
Anyway finally found the pit area and caught up with the Wilf and Brian standing in front of their cars, hoods up and Blocko and Roscoe doing running repairs or fine tunning (whatever the case may have been).
Then it was on, everyone lined up on the grid and the pace car lead them away, one lap and the pace car pulled in and left the drivers to do battle. The day continued with several classes and multiple rounds for each class.
I have no idea of official placings and will leave that to others. Suffice to say it was great seeing the cars and drivers getting stuck in.
For all those that didnt or couldnt make it, I feel sorry because this really is a fun day with something for all members of the family.... maybe next year.
Thanks to Brian and Wilf for flying the flag, I had a ball.
Nice to meet Vince and see his incredible Shelby, Peter yours is close mate and I look forward to seeing it, Bigblock nice to put a face to a name, and great to catch up with all the usual sad cases that have nothing better to do with their day :+
cheers.
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline Mustang Ali

• Pony
I'm In
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 09:37:57 pm »
;2    :_   You....me....carpark tomorrow nite     :w lol

Offline blocko

• Thoroughbred
I'm In
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 10:05:58 pm »
Great write up Nassi, thanks to all who made the effort and to Brian & Wilf for participating in what turned out to be another great Northamm Flying 50s.

Here are a few pictures fpr those who couldn't make it..
http://s489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/MOCWA/Northam%20Flying%2050s%202009/?albumview=slideshow

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
I'm In
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 10:34:46 pm »
Originally posted by Mustang Ali
;2    :_   You....me....carpark tomorrow nite     :w lol

ooopps
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
I'm In
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 10:54:23 pm »
Top shots mate.
cheers.
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline Aussie67

• Stallion
I'm In
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 11:29:28 pm »
Great write up Nassi. It was nice to meet you and everyone. It certainly was a great day, and you are right there was something for the whole family. The Gods must have been smiling as the weather was also gorgeous.

Look forward to seeing you all soon.  ;2

Peter.
2007 GT500 Coupe - Personalised plate "07SHLBY" Interior Upgrade Package, Shaker 1000 Stereo, Ford Racing Axle Back Exhaust, JLT CAI Intake Evolution Stage 2 Package - 2.6" Pulley, Steeda (Evo.) Intercooler upgrade (Steeda) Eibach ProKit, Steeda Adjustable Upper & Lower Control Arms, Steeda Adjustable Panhard Bar Steeda Hood Lift Kit, JLT Carbon Fibre Mirror Covers, Silverhorse Quarter Window Louvres JLT Carbon Fibre Radiator Cover (Signed by Henry Ford III) - with extensions, JLT Fuse Box Cover Shelby - Dash Plaque Kit, Fluid Caps, Floor and Trunk Mats, Short Shifter Shelby - Dead Pedal Cover

Offline mustangsally

• Pony
I'm In
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 06:33:22 pm »
Well folks sad cases or not don't forget the next event for the 45th Birthday celebrations and cruise!!! 17& 18th April... refer to the details on the coming events on the wa mustang owners site!!

:}:f