Another 70

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Another 70  (Read 11623 times)

Offline jdmagoo1

• L Plates
Another 70
« on: March 14, 2009, 10:19:08 pm »
All I can say is WOW!!!! Although I haven’t posted on this forum for a while (in fact so long I forgot my password and my email address has changed so I have had to create a new log on) that I thought I would write a short review on Shermatt International.

I contacted Matt in October last year as I decided it was time to buy my dream car the 1973 Mustang convertible. I know most people rather the older model but this one is for me. Anyway, I didn’t want to take a gamble and buy blind from eBay even though I would of had it inspected, it still was going to be a gamble so I contacted Matt via email initially then later spoke to him on the phone. After speaking to Matt a few times I made the decision to go with Shermatt International and have Matt search for, inspect and barter a good price then finally buying the vehicle for me.

Even though I had a fellow South Australian in the US doing all the work for me, I still felt a little uneasy about the whole thing as this was my first time buying a car I have never actually seen and certainly my first time importing a vehicle from overseas. After telling Matt I was happy for him to go ahead I completed a bank transfer for his fee (which is small in comparison to the amount of work he put in and money he saved me - read later) and off we went. Everyday Matt would email me photos and descriptions of various vehicles until we came up with a short list. My earlier uncertainty about the whole thing changed after I guess the first 2 weeks when Matt was calling almost every day just to touch base, explain the import process, tell me about scams that go on, etc etc. It all just instilled so much confidence that I had done the right thing and that I wasn’t gonna open up the container only to find a very expensive matchbox car :)

Once we had a short list Matt drove out and inspected each one, naturally I had a tone of questions and wanted heaps of photos which he happily took. We finally found the car. Matt had took a lot of photos, asked lots of questions pretty much inspected all of the vehicle (as much as he could without putting it on a hoist) road tested the car asked more questions etc etc, then phone me and told me we have the one. Of course I said I want a close up photo of this and that and he happily drove back and took them. All the time emailing me and phoning to let me know. Communication is something Shermatt International pride them self on and it certainly is great!!

After taking all the photos, asking all the questions, telling me about what’s wrong with the car things that need fixing rust spots etc I was happy and we committed to the sale. Matt did all the negotiating and managed to get $2000US knocked off the asking price (which paid for his fee and i still had money left over).  
The day he picked up the car again there were plenty of photos and a nice wakeup call in the morning to say ‘I GOT IT AND SHES A BEUTY!!!’I must admit it was rather exciting to wake up to the phone followed by logging onto my email to view plenty of photos of my new mustang travelling back to Matts depot.

While we wait for transportation to be organised I had asked matt if he could locate some parts for me and throw them into the car to save me postal costs later on. He said yes and did one better; he actually fitted some of them for free. Even though there was no evidence of any rust with the fuel tank I wanted a new one anyway just in case. Matt was happy to get me a new one and he actually fitted it for me. (Awesome mate) There were two rust holes in the floor which Matt had cut out and welded new plates in as well, all this work he did went well above and beyond what I expected. Awesome.

Matt had organise the transporting of the vehicle from Florida to LA via truck which he again save me another couple of hundred US dollars as the fee was $350 cheaper than any of the quotes i got over the net. The company that Matt uses to ship from LA to Australia were also fantastic as I had read about some of the horror stories here which I was concerned about. As Matt says there may be cheaper companies to ship with, but this one he knows it will arrive in a timely manner and the car will arrive with no damage so I was happy to pay the fee. By the way, there charges weren’t excessive anyway.
It took three weeks for the Mustang to arrive in Melbourne and during those three weeks Matt consistently phoned just to touch base see how I was going which again instilled confidence over those early fears I had.

The day I picked up the car I was pleasantly surprised to find that I didn’t have to pay for my car to be professionally cleaned as most have too. Matt had spent four hours cleaning it before hand (my customs agent said he has never seen a car arrive without quarantine requiring it to be cleaned) which just goes to show how particular Shermatt are when comes to this. Also, Matt had organised to get my A/C degassed (a requirement to importing the car into Australia) again included in his fee.

The car. When I got it home I went right over the vehicle trying to find anything that Matt may have missed but I couldn’t it was as he described no hidden faults. In fact the car is better than I thought it was going to be which is always a nice surprise. Thanks Matt

Finally, all I can say if you’re looking to import a car for the first time or if it’s your 50 time certainly drop Matt an email, his services are first class going to leaps and bounds to organise everything for you. He puts your mind at ease with the constant phone calls and emails, and will guide a newbie like me through all the hurdles faced when importing a car. You get Matts fee and more back in savings by having somebody negotiate the price for you, organising the transportation, sourcing parts etc etc. A big hats off to Matt and his wife Sherri from Shermat International in making my Mustang purchase and importation enjoyable.

Many thanks Donna and James.

PS Matt thanks for the present in the mail, its perfect you read my mind. Outstanding straight to the pool room (if i had one)

PPS Matt sorry I won’t be around when you arrive in Adelaide would love to have a couple of beers with you both, hopefully next time.

;_

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Another 70
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 10:44:02 pm »
Thats the sort of news we just dont get enough off.
Well done all parties invloved. :(
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline pala

• Worked
Another 70
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 12:27:09 am »
sensational , always good to hear that there are still people out there that provide a fantastic service who go above and beyond for their clients.

Offline ejmustang

• Worked
Another 70
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 02:50:23 am »
Isnt that a good story ;_

Offline GETREAL

• L Plates
Another 70
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 09:14:27 am »
That's fantastic. I took the plunge and got in contact with Matt a week ago to find me a 69 fastback, at first I was a little apprehensive but now am very confident in Matt's services. He is constantly updating me with cars that are popping up, with detailed descriptions and many photos.

I'm sure he will find me the right car at the right price.
Big thumbs up for Shermatt International!!:(:(

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
Another 70
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 08:11:19 pm »
Victorypark will be pleased to hear this story!;{
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline Bllett

• Worked
Another 70
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 08:23:07 pm »
IGALOP you will be pleased to know that they do the right thing with transport as have organized for your car to be shipped to Cuba, My uncle Del Castro fancied you’re car and can’t let him down now, he says it’s worth a box of good cigars that will be coming your way once its on the docks  lol.

Says you can keep the plates as he has cigar1 ready for the beaut white machine.

daponi :+ :+ :+ :+

Offline spud

• Thoroughbred
Another 70
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 08:27:23 pm »
I wish this letter (and Matt ) were around when i bought mine 18 months ago.

Well done to all concerned.

Spud      ;_

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
Another 70
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 09:28:46 pm »
James,

I know your in the middle of moving houses and trying to settle in to your new house before your exported off to defend our lovely country in Iraq...For that alone, I should be thanking YOU.

Please be safe mate

Both Sheri and myself, want to thank you for your kind a gracious words. ( it was a good pat on the back for for what we do for our customers) Sheri is sad also that we cant catch you for that beer before you leave.

Yes, we definately went through our paces locating that car didnt we.....No one would sell us a car due to the fact they did not want the car going to another country. Australia.

Hows the irony....wont sell a car to a guy that is about to go and help defend the USA over in Iraq.

Either way, using the whole..."Im buying it for my wife" line worked in the end......and everytime I look at this photo and the story behind it....making him ware my Ozzie hat...and him not wanting it to go overseas.....Just makes me larf my a rse off of the little adventure we shared.

Im sure you have lost your photos that I have sent you over time so if you need them all resent...let me know.

I hope that once you get back from your tour you still stay active on the forum and we still in contact as it was a TOTAL pleasure helping you locate your new car mate.

All the best and once again....Thakyou ...and Donna, for taking the time in your hectic scedule to write such a lenghty review. It really tore me up mate.

Cheers
Matt & Sheri

PS. The guy still emails Sheri asking if she is enjoying her car :+
IN AMERICA

PSS. Mate..... PLEASE....Be carefull over there. I really would like it if you could send me an email every couple of weeks just lettin me know your OK...If you have time

Offline victorypark

• Worked
Another 70
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 03:07:27 pm »
Originally posted by IGALOP
Victorypark will be pleased to hear this story!;{

I haven't got mine yet.....:: ;} *winks*

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Another 70
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 05:50:47 pm »
I have been swayed by the dark side and have put a deposit on a Corvette..  the Mach1 will still remain and i'm just about to embark on this other import...

Alls looking good so far..

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
Another 70
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 10:24:15 pm »
You must be banished to the dark side.............

Pull my finger....

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Another 70
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 10:51:54 pm »
Y E S   F A T H E R...

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Another 70
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 06:02:54 pm »
MInes gunna be in with Hybrids and Kiwi69's ....  can't wait..

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
Another 70
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 07:14:49 am »
Hi all,

Both Sheri and myself are here in Adelaide from the 15th - 29th April. If any one from Adelaide would like to catch up for a beer on Monday night somewhere close to the city, let us know. You can contact me on 0424 639 918 as I cant reply to emails at the moment.

Would be great to put some faces to the names

Cheers
Matt & Sheri

0424 639 918

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
Another 70
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 11:16:58 am »
Hi Matt.

I rang that mobile number and goes to voicemail - the name in the recorded message doesnt sound like Matt nor Sheri .. is the number correct ?

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline rickchampion

• Blue Printed
Another 70
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 11:22:10 am »
Hey frank,
 I  jUst spoke with Matt,
His phone is flat,
trying giving him a call later today

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
Another 70
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 11:45:16 am »
OK cool.

Thanks for that Rick.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Another 70
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 01:11:11 pm »
Originally posted by Mac1
MInes gunna be in with Hybrids and Kiwi69's ....  can't wait..

Well boys, I've heard they are on the way.

;2

Offline Brent

• Worked
Another 70
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 05:31:23 pm »
Another 70 in the country, good to see:2
429,C6,MSD, Pertronix coil, Flowmaster, 59K, Griffin radiator, thermo fan, oil coolers. Twice USA magazine featured.

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
Another 70
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 11:24:38 pm »
James

Are you back from durka mala mah gehud land mate

I cant find your email and new contact details. I just wanna say Gday, nothing important.

Maybe ask Donna to drop me an email and let me know you guys are OK.....and give me the update on ya mussy.

I hope your OK mate. You headed off in march and I havent heard from ya. Bit worried

Hopefully talk with you soon... I will U2U you aswell and hopefully you get that aswell

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
Another 70
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2009, 09:49:05 am »
$6800 new crate motor....just thought Id throw it out there

Offline Cyclone

• Pony
Another 70
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 08:53:42 pm »
Ive Sent Matt a few email looking for pricing and collection cost on a car in USA , has anyone had any difficulty getting a reply form him lately?

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
Another 70
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 09:04:07 pm »
Cyclone...send it to

matt@shermatt.com

sometimes the website contacts get sent to my other inbox along with a 100 other emails overnight. It may have got overlooked, sorry.

Matt

Offline Cyclone

• Pony
Another 70
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2009, 09:32:05 pm »
Got it . sorry