1967 Elenanor

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 1967 Elenanor  (Read 3114 times)

Offline kiwi69

• Thoroughbred
1967 Elenanor
« on: March 02, 2009, 03:53:47 pm »
Hey guys,  I am not into re-creations or restomods but i have to say that I have just seen one awesome looking machine.;x

Have a look at item number 120381608032 on ebay motors.
Maybe we could all pool our money together, buy it and have rostered weekends driving it!!:+

Offline 66 Hertz

• Web Editor
  • Top Streeter
  • SA member #787 MOCSA
    • http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ozzyone_photos/66%20GT350H/?albumv
  • Name: Dale
1967 Elenanor
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 04:28:04 pm »
ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW
Paint by IMAGE CLASSIC CARS
build thread...http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14043.0.html

Offline stangLover

• Blue Printed
    • http://www.eleanorforhire.com.au
1967 Elenanor
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 05:19:18 pm »
Sorry for being picky......but its not an Eleanor.
To me it looks like the big brother of the 350gt......the 500gt....not gt 500e.

Apart from that.......its Fubin awesome!!! I'd love to get mine to that standard.

Offline moe

• Top Streeter
  • Name: "Moe"
1967 Elenanor
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 05:53:57 pm »

To go to that much effort, only to skimp on the final assembly....  

look at the rear bar gap between the rear bar ends and the rear 1/4 extention.  There are screws missing in the interior, the knobs for the heater, the speaker kick panels are fitted without speakers, the way the suspension is painted underneath...

Offline eri67

• Blue Printed
1967 Elenanor
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 05:59:04 pm »
Originally posted by mo

To go to that much effort, only to skimp on the final assembly....  

look at the rear bar gap between the rear bar ends and the rear 1/4 extention.  There are screws missing in the interior, the knobs for the heater, the speaker kick panels are fitted without speakers, the way the suspension is painted underneath...

I agree with Mo, something is just not right with that car::

Offline MustangNut

• Blue Printed
1967 Elenanor
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 08:41:39 pm »
I Picked out the missing split pin on one of the tie rod ends.  You have to wonder what the rest of the build is like especially what you can't see.

Offline stangLover

• Blue Printed
1967 Elenanor
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 12:00:13 pm »
;x talk about critics!!!!

The only thing i saw was that it wasn't an eleanor as advertised.
I better not show my car on here once its fixed.... it'll get torn to pieces :w

Offline kiwi69

• Thoroughbred
1967 Elenanor
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 04:25:38 pm »
I was thinking the same thing.  I am looking at buying a stang at the moment and thought it might not be in my best interests to show the car here.  But on the other hand at least there are some hard core mustang nuts out there that can see things that may be wrong on cars that us mere mortals can't.  Just go easy on us guys if we show our cars here.:(

Offline MustangNut

• Blue Printed
1967 Elenanor
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 04:55:44 pm »
I don't think I or the others are trying to be officious or anything, far from it.  That particular car has some things wrong with it or should I should I say uncompleted that spell "lack of attention to detail".   It may be a very good vehicle and maybe worth it's asking price but.. be careful.

I've purchased three cars so far on Ebay. One in San Diago and two here and have done well.  Just be careful, do your homework or pay someone to do it for you! Remember there's a lot of bad people out there and more coming each day.

Darryl

Offline eri67

• Blue Printed
1967 Elenanor
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 05:34:25 pm »
Originally posted by MustangNut
I don't think I or the others are trying to be officious or anything, far from it.  That particular car has some things wrong with it or should I should I say uncompleted that spell "lack of attention to detail".   It may be a very good vehicle and maybe worth it's asking price but.. be careful.

I've purchased three cars so far on Ebay. One in San Diago and two here and have done well.  Just be careful, do your homework or pay someone to do it for you! Remember there's a lot of bad people out there and more coming each day.

Darryl

+1

Hey Bas, you know that we all enjoy the saga that is the Stanglover fastback, and all willing to help:( all criticisms are fair towards that car on ebay, its just a rush job

Offline moe

• Top Streeter
  • Name: "Moe"
1967 Elenanor
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 08:13:35 pm »
Originally posted by MustangNut

Darryl

My thoughts exactly.  I've seen people get burned buying something that was far from the advertised description.

Offline stangLover

• Blue Printed
1967 Elenanor
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 01:14:08 pm »
Guys, you took it the wrong way..... i was just pointing out that to the untrained eyes, like myself, it looked F#$n awesome, i'm still in awe.....I'm still finding myself looking at the pics.
But ofcourse to those that know what they're looking at and what it should be, then you're going to pick out at the stuff that is missing or unfinished.
;+