Classic Car Show

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Classic Car Show  (Read 9604 times)

Offline Cruzn65

• Worked
Classic Car Show
« on: February 17, 2009, 10:19:41 am »
Auto One Classic Car Show 2009
The Auto One Classic Car show is the biggest outdoor classic vehicle display in Western Australia, featuring more than 1,000 classic cars from nearly 70 car clubs. Presented by The Council of Motoring Clubs of Western Australia, this is a day not to be missed by any motor vehicle enthusiast.

This year's theme sees owners dressing up to match the era of their vehicles make, complete with a fashion show of their costumes! Could you guess the age of a car by the clothes that went with them?

Please note that there is limited parking adjacent to the Mussel Pool display area, however there is plenty of overflow parking in the village where people can access the show by walking (~1km between the village and Mussel Pool); catching a tram ($5 Adult, $2.50 Children) or train ($8 Adult, $4 Children, Toddlers $2) or vintage bus shuttle (Children free, Adults $2 return).

Whiteman Park on March 15th. The event requires cars to be parked up before 9.30 and cannot leave before 3.30. Free bus to Malaga markets for entrants to break the day up.  over 1200 cars expected on the day!!! for more info contact Rob Bloxham 0403537580

Offline blocko

• Thoroughbred
Classic Car Show
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 07:13:38 pm »
The club has reserved a display area and we have 20 FREE passes for cars that want to display and represent the club.
For club members and Family there is a shuttle bus to Malaga Markets if you want to duck out for a break.
Due to Insurance requirements, Display cars are to be parked by 9.30am and cannot be moved until 3.30pm. Contact Bigfella (Dave) or myself for tickets. Your details must be entered on the ticket and it must be handed in upon arrival. Goodies bags and info will be handed out at the gate. You are urged to be at the gates well before 9.00am as there are some 1200 vehicles being marshalled for display.
Rob

Offline Mustang Ali

• Pony
Classic Car Show
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 11:28:07 pm »
:o

it didn't take long....my first job;{ Thanks Rob.

If anyone would like a entry card for the auto one classic car show I have the tickets in my hot hand to give out.

Not sure how to get there?....I have the map as well for parking on the day.

Hey it will be great if we all made an effort to dress up for the event, and show those other clubs how to do it.  If your shy just wear a fab tie!

See you at the round up....don't crowd me for the tickets all at once...we have all day to give them out.

Cheers Ali

Offline Cruzn65

• Worked
Classic Car Show
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 11:32:16 pm »
wear your club gear :(

Offline Mustang Ali

• Pony
Classic Car Show
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 11:44:38 pm »
yeah your right ...

club gear but a dash of the era still would be nice.  

Offline mustangsally

• Pony
Classic Car Show
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 11:54:54 pm »
Good one Ali!!! Yeah you got to be in with the times as well to match the days theme, hope it all works out.

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Classic Car Show
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 08:30:37 pm »
Just bringing this back to the top.

Anybody interested?

In years gone bye exibitors used to be able to rock up Saturday afternoon and stay the night. BBQ and sleeping bag type of stuff.
Is it still an option this year?, and  anyone else intersted?
cheers.
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline Cruzn65

• Worked
Classic Car Show
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 08:54:11 pm »
wont be staying overnight Nassi but Im trying to get leave.....

Offline Cruzn65

• Worked
Classic Car Show
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 09:50:50 pm »
Ali any chance you can bring the tickets to the meeting Tuesday night, I will rustle up some interest during the formal proceedings and issue the tickets!:(

Offline Mustang Ali

• Pony
Classic Car Show
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 09:22:13 pm »
:o    ....consider it done...see ya Tuesday night

Offline Audrey

• Stallion
Classic Car Show
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 08:56:23 pm »
for us that just want to come take a look coz car is in panel shop, where abouts in whiteman park is it?
whats price of admission ect?

Offline Cruzn65

• Worked
Classic Car Show
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 12:03:29 am »
show is on from 10-3pm, Whiteman Park is out near the Swan Valley, its in the street directory, not sure on admission fee, check the website.... http://www.whitemanpark.com.au/attractions/whatson-event.asp?event_id=173

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Classic Car Show
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 10:01:18 am »
Originally posted by Audrey
for us that just want to come take a look coz car is in panel shop, where abouts in whiteman park is it?
whats price of admission ect?

Audrey, the show is around the Mussel pool area. The marshals will guide you to a parking spot and in the past it has been free.
Generally a good day for a look, so many different makes and models.
cheers
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline mistermustang

• Worked
Classic Car Show
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 10:20:10 am »
i'm definitely in.  bringing the 68/500.  who else is coming?
(i won't forget to bring my deck chair this time)...
BrianE :o

Offline Cruzn65

• Worked
Classic Car Show
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 11:01:31 am »
there should be some other members going Brian, we had 20 free tickets at the meeting last night and a few went off.

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Classic Car Show
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 11:45:26 am »
Originally posted by mistermustang
i'm definitely in.  bringing the 68/500.  who else is coming?
(i won't forget to bring my deck chair this time)...

and esky and stuff to go in the esky?
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Classic Car Show
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 10:52:33 pm »
Hi folks, thanks to the six members and partners that found the time to display at the biggest car show Perth has to offer.
The organisation was excellent, everything ran smoothly and the company was great. Thanks for the ticket Ali.

This is a great venue with things to do and see and plenty of shade and it really should be more highly regarded if we intend to try and grow the club. Not to worry though the marque was better represented by the other local Mustang club so people were able to see about 8 of the models offered between 1964 and 2008.

I know its been a busy few months folks but when another club fronts up with more Mustangs than MOCWA  :[
 cheers
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline Cruzn65

• Worked
Classic Car Show
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2009, 11:17:34 pm »
agree Nassi it would be great to get more organised but..... same old story..... to few doing too much :-

Offline 65 GT K

• Pony
Classic Car Show
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2009, 11:46:57 pm »
dressing up in clothes to match the age of your car ? god i was still in nappies

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Classic Car Show
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2009, 08:50:10 am »
Originally posted by 65 GT K
dressing up in clothes to match the age of your car ? god i was still in nappies

:w:w some people wern't even born when their car was built.
To be honest there were not that many people dressed up, in fact most people wore their club gear.
cheers
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Classic Car Show
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2009, 08:58:15 am »
Originally posted by Cruzn65
agree Nassi it would be great to get more organised but..... same old story..... to few doing too much :-

Sorry Craig, nothing personal. The committee does a fantastic job.
This show really dosnt require any organisation from the club, thats all done for us. All we had to do was fill in the entry form, show up and follow the directions of the scores of marshalls. About all we would have to do would be set up a banner (if desired).
I guess there is just so much on at this time of the year and people have run out of brownie points, not to mention the lawn needs mowing and the kids want some time and the missus barely recognises you anymore. :+
cheers.
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline Cruzn65

• Worked
Classic Car Show
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2009, 10:47:13 am »
no offence taken Nassi, the real problem is consolidating event details and informing all the members, we dont seem to have a very good way of managing this, if it doesnt make the mag the month before we will always get 8 people showing up sadly :_  we need to get our act together :a

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Classic Car Show
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2009, 11:23:46 am »
Good point,
but there is a way we can get info out which involves all members and would cost us one phone call each. It is similar to the "bushfire ready action group".
We draw up a list of interested members (they must be aware their number will be circulated), and there phone number then whomever gets information about a show a cruise or whatever calls the next name on the list and so on. If the number you call dosnt answer, then you just call the next name on the list, this way the chain isnt broken and as many members as possible get the info.
If anyone is intersted I dont mind drawing up a spreadsheet to use. Infact the spreadsheet could be updated each month and printed in the magazine for ease of circulation.
cheers.
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline mustangsally

• Pony
Classic Car Show
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2009, 11:56:06 am »
That is a very good idea Nassi!! Getting people talking to other members and revving up others to attend events, not everyone has access to net and not everyone can look up the site regularly, I hear lots of people were asking about the club on the day but we didn't have anything to give them about it which would help, is there a Promotions person that should be able to attend most events and give info and if could not attend some should be responsible for giving details to someone else that will be attending? I continuously offer my assistance, but seems to get sidelined...

Keep an eye out for the 45th Birthday details, I am out in force, if someone can give me details on who to give posters to and contact details, I don't mind ringing up everyone in the club or contacting by email!! I want it well supported it only comes around once!! So please folks COME ONE AND ALL!!!!:f

Offline Mustang Ali

• Pony
Classic Car Show
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2009, 12:57:00 pm »
Mike and I enjoyed the day... again I wished we had our act together advertising our club.  There was some great examples how to do it.  I was asked about the club throughtout the day and gave out information to people asking.  It would of been great to give a brochure instead.

I am putting my hand up (if required) to make sure that a flag/banner are in place..  Also having brochures/flyers available about the club and membership.

If we all do our bit for our club, it  doesn't have to be left to the same poor wore out helpers.:[

Craig who I need to chat to make it happen?