Engineers in Melbourne

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Engineers in Melbourne  (Read 2425 times)

Offline Shinboner

• L Plates
Engineers in Melbourne
« on: June 30, 2006, 02:27:32 pm »
I've just finished my RHD conversion on my 67 coupe, and I just wondered if anyone knows of a reliable engineer to inspect the vehicle.

Offline Bashfull

• Thoroughbred
Engineers in Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 05:32:44 pm »
if you are going to the hassle of engineering your car you may consider seeing an engineer that is certified in a couple of states,and getting the report wrote for the other states..

Now for the really stupid bit.If yopu engineer only for victoria,
and i try and register it in NSW if your enginer isnt certified here your enginering is useless..
Not my idea..

Offline tims68

• Pony
Engineers in Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 03:26:51 pm »
I'm amazed at what the last guy said about different states! It seems crazy to run a country that way.  
I just had my car inspected by CARTECH - Rowan J Carter in Richmond (9427 7344).  He was very efficient, looked at everything right down to some holes in the firewall the required rubber plugs - I don't know what this usually costs but I paid $715!

Offline jas24zzk

• Worked
Engineers in Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 12:19:31 am »
Umm,
      being a member of multiple forums, something on this often crosses my path.  It seems once a car has been engineered and registered in one state, then the others honour the engineering.  there is much talk of QLD's ridiculous LO2 compliance requirements, but cars previously registered in other states are honoured.

As for an engineer in in melbourne,  I suggest Archie Robinson in Bayswater. He can be pretty anal, but you'll get an honest assesment.  I dont have his number but the vic pres will.

Cheers
Jas