Shift Kits

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Shift Kits  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Bashfull

• Thoroughbred
Shift Kits
« on: June 29, 2006, 11:59:31 pm »
Out of Curosity anybody been in a car with a shift kit..
does it fell like a l-plater bunny hoping harsh gear changes..

Offline 66redcoupe

• Pony
Shift Kits
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 11:10:37 am »
My C4 has a shift improver kit in it. Gives nice crisp shifts, not harsh and certainly not sluggish.
A mate of mine years ago had a more extreme shift kit fitted to a turbo 400 with a 350 chev in a panel van, it used to squeek the tyres on up shift from 1st to 2nd and for the rev head in us all :f used to be great fun.

All said though, it's a preference thing as to which kit you select. The shift improver kit does make the trans shift much cleaner, extends the life of clutches and bands and just feels nicer.
I did not want the chirping of the tyres on gear changes, so I just told my trans rebuilder that and he chose the particular kit fitted

Offline Bashfull

• Thoroughbred
Shift Kits
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 05:36:04 pm »
sounds kewl...

sounds like there is a stage 1 kit...shift imporver...
stage shift kit...mainly for track.

Offline ron

• Worked
Shift Kits
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 09:56:33 am »
You won't feel much of a difference with a shift kit in normal driving only a very slight jerk and an audible thunk when changing.Not the bunny hopping like you imagined. But under hard acceleration you really get the benefits. Seamless shifts,even when it drops back into first by itself, and of course the obligitory chirp.Think F1 but with only 3 gears
Money is made to be spent.