transport

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: transport  (Read 4753 times)

Offline mach70

• Blue Printed
transport
« on: January 19, 2009, 02:26:15 pm »
Hi Guys & Gals,

Who do you recommend to transport vehicles?

I'm moving to Melbourne from Kalgoorlie in April, and I am looking at the options ie driving or transporting.

Vehicle is not my Mustang (BUGGER! :[) but is my daily driver.

Any advice on good or bad carriers would be appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance

Shawn

Offline 66RedRagtop

• Supercharged
transport
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 11:21:10 pm »
Why not pop in and ask at a local car yard or a dealer, as they move cars around all the time, and would know the ropes.

I'd try the Toyota and Ford dealers first, seeing they'd get Camrys/Falcons over from Melbourne.

They might even advise of someone with a back loading rate, as most cars would be travelling west, with not all that much return traffic to the east.

Offline mudguts

• Thoroughbred
transport
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 11:30:32 pm »
I'd V.I.P car carriers' there been round for donkeys delivered mine about a 9hr drive no probs at all. fully covered trailer too!!. had about 1mill worth of cars in in it too if thats any indacation.

Offline stangLover

• Blue Printed
    • http://www.eleanorforhire.com.au
transport
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 11:44:24 am »
I have no problem in telling my story:

My car just arrived on Friday from Perth to Sydney. Took about 7 days and originally quoted 950 as I thought the car was a goer, when they got to Freemantle wharf, the car was not a goer so they charged me extra 300 for a non goer. Couldn't argue plus just wanted the car in my garage asap.

The company was Ceva formerly known as TNT.

Very professional and they have an online tracking system, u just put in ur booking number and it tells you where its at.

I'm 50/50 with recommending them as they charged me extra.

Offline Rich

• Stallion
transport
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 12:20:33 pm »
Guys,
you'll find VIP use TNT from a lot of places. I've had plenty of cars shipped ( not mine) through TNT and clients have been happy for the majority. As usual you have to put your dream in their hands and be prepared for a few problems, but in general they do a great job. Remember too, that they have a job to do and timeframes to meet, so if your car isn't what you describe there's going to be some disagreement. Always be up-front then they know what to expect. Car height and exhaust systems seem to cause the most issues.
R

Offline wasaths

• Pony
transport
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 04:47:25 pm »
I have only just got a quote from VIP and Ceva for shipping from Melbourne to Perth and the difference was huge. $1100 from Ceva and $1600 from VIP.  The other problem is that because the vehicle is being shipped from America and will have a few "spare parts" in the boot. Vip is the only one out of these two that will allow that.

Offline stangLover

• Blue Printed
    • http://www.eleanorforhire.com.au
transport
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 04:52:04 pm »
Hmmmm...... well I used Ceva and my car had all the cromie bits, bumber bars etc. in the boot and inside the car......they never complained.

Offline wasaths

• Pony
transport
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 05:01:52 pm »
Thanks for that info, I will query them on that....they will be insured seperatly anyway....

Offline mach70

• Blue Printed
transport
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 07:56:47 pm »
I have found too that the vehicle must be free from all items except for basic car tools.

I was hoping to load up the car with a bunch of items.

I do understand why you are not allowed as the insurance would not cover it if it was lost.