Maltese Mustang Owners Club of Australia

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Maltese Mustang Owners Club of Australia  (Read 7172 times)

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
« on: December 19, 2008, 11:27:44 am »
:[

o There's at least 1 carpenter or nurse in your family
o Your mum's name is Mary, Carmen, or Doris
o Your dad's name is Joe, Manuel , Leli,  Charlie or Fred
o Your mum has OCD related to cleaning
o You're a tight ass with money
o Your parents always try bargain at furniture and electrical stores to the point of embarrassment
o You knew someone who played in the Maltese Band
o Your dad worked as a roadie or labourer in a factory
o Your mum insists that you eat brodu and ministra
o Your surname is Camilleri, Mercia Spiteri, Borg, Gauci, Sultana, Zerafa, Grech, Azzopardi, Muscat, Vella, Teuma,  Xuereb, Zammit, Buhagiar, Galea, Farrugia, Schembri, Micallef, Attard, Grima, Sciberras, Cassar, Xerri ( whom change it to sherry) and of course BAJADA (some change it to baiada cos its more ozzy)
o When you hear your dad say the word 'Madonna', you know he's not talking about the singer
o For Easter you get Figolli instead of Easter Eggs
o You eat pastizzi for dessert
o Neither of your parents can pronounce "th" (tink about it... 'tank you' 'toot paste' 'tree' 'Tursday')
o Your mum used to (or still does) shop at Franklins
o When your friends ring, they ask you if your parents are fighting, when they're just talking in the background
o You open your mum's fridge and she has a 2 litre container of.... TOMATO PASTE  
o Your family swears more than any other nationality in the world BUT are still very religious... AAREEMMM TA DIMONJU
o Your sons go around sayin “sull byte”

o As birthdays and Christmas' approach, your mum looks to her cupboard of 'imbarazz' for gifts, rather than going out to the shops to buy presents
o Your oldies think having a key card is evil and don't even mention credit cards, ha'lusstia!
o Your family cars have always been Kingswoods and Commodores....with chasers....and dress rings and reflectors on the mud flaps.
o You live in Greystanes, Pendle Hill, Wentworthville, Toongabbie, Girraween, Merrylands, Schofields, Llandilo or Berkshire Park
o Your family has even thought about moving to Greystanes, Pendle Hill, Wentworthville, Toongabbie, Girraween, Merrylands,   Schofields, Llandilo or Berkshire Park
o The only place you have family bbqs is at Prospect , Central Gardens or Nurragingy.... everywhere else is "too much petrol aye"
o Every sentence ends in "aye"
o You got married at Horsley Park
o Your dad burns his rubbish....in summer
o Any bird, rabbit, fox, stray dog or any pest animal for that matter dies mysteriously after landing on your property
o  Someone in your family drive s  a diesel because "de diesel lasts longer tah!"
o You or your friend grew up on a farm (pig or chicken) or a market garden.
o Your dad  plants vegetables on every available piece of land including the front yard.
o All your Aunties mysteriously have the same hair colour.
o You bite your finger when your angry

o Your grandparents start the sentence in English and finish it in Maltese
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline caretaker65

• Worked
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 03:58:59 pm »
Hev ,
Everything you have stated is correct ... I'm married a Maltese lass .. her mum has been trying for over 10 years to fatten me up & she is still trying.
Her family are Galea , Fenech , Muscat & Vella.
I'm sure they are all related somewhere along the way.

Mad as a two bob watch , not to mention loud & yes they talk in oz but always finish in Maltese.
But , your got to luv them.

Cheers mate , have a great festive season & a great new year ... hopefuly catch up with you in Ballarat

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 02:19:59 pm »

A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline Bllett

• Worked
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 09:31:34 pm »
you think thats bad my dads northern italian and my maltese that explains a lot lol and yes mums name is Mary .:p

Offline blackbox

• Worked
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 07:53:18 am »
My wife is southern Italian, (yes if I do wrong by her you will find me floating in a dam in Griffith...)
and we have veges growing in our front yard.
Lots of similarities there...
James.

Offline edd666

• Worked
  • Name: Eddie
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 10:24:33 pm »
this is the wife and yes i am maltese how embarressing!  have heaps of auntie marys an auntie doris an auntie carmen, uncle charlies and uncle leli and dads a joe. dads the biggest scrooge  in llandilo with a market garden but you forgot the horses yes dad has trotters. wouldn't want to be anything else but maltese even though we are the biggest dags in the world.  Hay! guess where i meet eddie greystances festa and his not even maltese. Merry christmas you MAD! mustang boys

Offline classicsrbest

• Pony
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 10:52:51 am »
hello from anudder malteser, very funny and very true, brought back memories of my nunna (grand mother) starting sentences in english and finishing them in maltese especially when talking to my aussie friends,
tank you
 - by the way, there are more maltes living in greystanes than the population of malta
 - the average height of a maltes person is 5 foot nothing
as my nunna would say happy xmas and merry new year to all....

Offline mudguts

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 05:29:54 am »
lol good one hev me sis has maltese in her(she married one), was gunna say wheres gauci in that, or you no been to gozzo aye?:+

Offline Bllett

• Worked
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 07:13:27 am »
My wife is southern Italian, (yes if I do wrong by her you will find me floating in a dam in Griffith...)
and we have veges growing in our front yard.
Lots of similarities there...
James.

hey james i would tell her you love her everyday just to make sure you dont upset her and end up in griffth lol
regards,
tony soprano lol

:w

Offline PNYGTA

• Worked
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 11:18:52 am »
Another Malteser here, I think we may have enough for the Maltese Mustang Owners Club of Australia now, or at least a Maltese Chapter???

Offline mudguts

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 09:21:21 pm »
woo hoo. Free pastizzi's after the meeting:+