power steering set up $$$$

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: power steering set up $$$$  (Read 2457 times)

Offline 2+266

• Worked
« on: June 01, 2006, 11:13:02 pm »
HAVE REACHED THE STAGE OF REPLACING STEERING COMPONENTS ON MY 66,UNSURE OF HOW TO GO ABOUT IT!SEND THE LOT AWAY & GET IT DONE OR SOURCE PARTS MYSELF AND HAVE A CRACK AT IT ,IM NOT INTERESTED IN GOING THE MODERN OPTION AS I WANT IT AS STANDARD AS POSSIBLE [LHD] HAS ANYBODY HAD THE SYSTEM REBUILT?IF SO HOW MUCH WOULD I EXPECT TO PAY.THANKS IN ADVANCE:o

Offline Blown66Mustang

• Worked
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 08:01:06 pm »
NEW REPRODUCTION CONTROL VALVE ALONE COSTS $249.00US,  AND A REBUILD KIT FROM THE USA FOR $31.95US AND OFF YOU GO! PLUS YOU HAVE  THE DRAG LINK WHICH COSTS $159.00US FOR A REPRO ONE! THERE IS AN ENTIRE ASSEMBLY CURRENTLY LISTED ON EBAY

Offline 2+266

• Worked
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 06:10:09 pm »
thanks flameman ,finally someone out there with a pulse! i figured the ebay item would be shagged like mine so i would be in the same boat! will have to ring around and get some prices on control valve,p/steer cylinder and tie rod ends,cant believe no one else has gone through this exercise before!

Offline Mustang-kid

• Stallion
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 07:56:18 pm »
Hi, ;{ There's a place in Melbourne called prestige power steering that can supply you with seal kits and parts for your power steering needs. Those's control valves are easy to rebuild. I did my ones on my convertible and had no problem with it. Or they can do it for you. Hope that helps.
:(Regards Mustang Kid.

Offline 2+266

• Worked
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 11:30:00 pm »
:a thanks mustang kid,will give them a call.