American Patriotic Mustang owners

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: American Patriotic Mustang owners  (Read 5717 times)

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« on: November 04, 2008, 01:54:49 am »
How many times has anyone ever cruized US ebay to find the car or the part that they have been searching decades for...ONLY to finally read at the bottom..

"WILL ONLY SHIP TO THE LOWER 48 STATES...NO INTERNATIONAL BUYERS"

Well...Ive seen it but never really read into it or why, just thought they were a bit of a Gong beater.

But the truth of it..as Im seeing alot of lately, but there are a large amount of classic car owners out there (im talking a staggering amount) that when Im here in the USA with my Ozzie accent about to buy a car for one of my fellow Ozzies, just tryin to hook some brothers up. The moment I say

"Im sending the car to Oz"

END OF CONVERSATION...NO MORE EMAIL REPLIES...NO MORE CALLS...WONT ANSWER THERE PHONE...NUFFIN:_

I have been looking for a 71-73 convertible V8 for a member on this forum and I knew where there was a nice clean one. I was talking to the guy via email...then a few phone calls....and then I dropped the whole

"Im sending this car to a mate back in Oz, thats why Im asking all the questions" etc

It was like I had instantly turned into a durka durka arab

WHAT A SPADGE ;}

Would rather not sell the car and get less for it in maybe 2 more months of waiting than sell it to an Ozzie right now.

Not to worry, I ended up finding this ABSOLUTE MINTER for him that he is.... at this moment.... asleep.... thinking upon and I hope very much that he comes to the conclusion that Vermillion red is way better than baby blue anyway.

But here is the twist.

Whilst I was looking at this red one (up in California), and having been treated like a durka twice now in the last month the moment I say its being exported...I went to look at this car with a different game plan.

I told him, that it was for wife sheri and it was going to be her car. Now this worked out fine and this is what he beleives is the deal. HOWEVER, whilst talking to him, he stated that 1 month ago 2 guys from Europe (who I happen to sorta know) came and looked at the car and even offered him more than what he was asking for the car and he turned them down as he DID NOT want to see the car go overseas.

He said, "Its not about the money"... Go figure!!!

Now, I dint feel comfortable telling this little story to the guy but I thought to myself, its none of there business who owns the car. So Im very lucky that I went with this strategy.

So, as an Ozzie, I have the car sitting $1000US less than what he asking and we are in the "Mexican stand off" waiting to see who contacts who first. Im waiting till late today to contact him as I dont want to show Im too interested as I dont want him to up the price to what he has advertised for because then young James in Adelaide will paying the Extra $1000US (and with the Ozzie $ where it is)

But either way, even the money he is asking, I can see why he got offered more from Toomas the Norwegian. But the whole time we were there looking at the car, Sheri said to me when we were leaving..
"I felt so uncomfortable the whole time I was there....Both the son and the dad, where staring at my T!t$ the whole time":w

But ....the whole time I was there, after the conversation about not seeing the car go overseas... I was looking at it as an interview...To see if we were eligible...to buy the car.

Interview went well, he really wants Sheri to have the car. He will sleep better at night knowing that he sold the car to hot little blonde down in Tampa.

So, Sheri is coming to every inspection now for every single customer we have.:w

SAME STORY, SAME PERKY SHIRT:+

And while the old owner is asleep knowing that his car is still in America, owned by an american blondy, Young James THE OZZIE... is going to be ripping up the streets of Adelaide in one of the SMICKEST low mile mustangs that I HAVE EVER DRIVEN

Long and short of it...

Has anyone had anything like this happen to them?

Have you ever been treated like a durka?

Im sure there are a few stories out there

Offline oz390gta

• Pony
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 02:10:51 am »
I have had this happen to me twice, the last time was with my GTA, we had done the deal, i had paid the deposit and then mentioned to him a few days later whilst waiting for the car to get picked up that I might import it back to Australia. He freaked out and wanted to give me my deposit back. I had to assume him I was leaving it in the US for me to drive whilst I was there. I work for a US company, spend about 3 months a year over there and have a USD bank account with US postal address so it is pretty easy to pull off.

Just don't mention you are exporting it.

oz390gta
Oz390gta

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 02:17:07 am »
I figured there would be a few stories, but i didnt think I would get a reply within seconds of posting it.

I dont like telling porky pies, but if thats what it takes to buy a mustang... A cute blonde with a nice perky set

So be it.
:+
Thanks for your reply oz390

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 03:46:04 am »
I finally worked out this photobucket thing..

I just added in members cars My 68 ALLYnor...NO its not an Eleanor.

:f

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 08:58:39 pm »
We have a few US members on here, I wonder what their opinions are of this!!?
 'Selfish' seems to be a word that comes to mind! my 2c.

Offline stuie87

• Worked
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 09:15:32 pm »
I have heard of it before and yes it has happened to me.
 Always wanted an Edsel (Insert Joke Here!;1)
 Had a 58 in California and my brother in law had seen it several times and a price was set.
  Then he mentioned it was being shipped to Oz that was the end of the deal.Called my Brother in Law a Mexican so and so (he is Mexican/American)  and that was it.
 Guy ordered him off his property and said dont come back.

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 09:27:32 pm »
I bought my car from a South American living in Compton, LA. When I was looking for someone to check the car for me, most people refused when they found out where it was! Turns out Compton is known as Brown Town, as it is all Mexicans and Blacks, and is a VERY bad area. It is where the LA riots started.

We visited the guy, after we had bought it, while it was still on the water, and it was pretty scary driving down the main street. Lots of kids standing in the streets, making cars go around them. Definate "Doors Locked, Windows Up" driving!
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor

Offline blackbox

• Worked
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 07:57:41 am »
Opposite for me.
I also bought my car from Compton, L.A.
Drove down in our 07 rental Mustang, with the cash. S@#tting myself!!!
Turned out to be a lovely Mexican family, told them we were shipping the car back to Oz, they were excited and asked to send them pictures when we had restored her.

Takes all types to make the world go around!

James.

Offline scedd

• Worked
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 08:34:56 am »
Originally posted by Shermatt

I dont like telling porky pies, but if thats what it takes to buy a mustang... A cute blonde with a nice perky set

So that means you were telling perky pies

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 08:52:15 am »
Aint nothing wrong with PERKY PIES

Its all go...pickin the car up friday night. Turns out the guys from Europe offered him $3500 more than he was asking for the car and he wouldnt sell it to them.

I think i might post a pic of this guy with his OLD car in the background just to give you guys a bit of a larf. You can see the crazy stuff I go through everyday when you see this guy....:w

I ended up getting it $1600 less than his asking price. So all up he lost $5100 out of the whole ...not shipping overseas deal and its heading to Adelaide in the end anyway.:w

Congratulations James

So Scedd....... PERKY PIES IT IS MATE

Might start cruizing ebay for a latex catsuit for sheri to attend my inspections ;2...dont have time to deal with this sorta Bolox anymore.

Offline scedd

• Worked
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 11:11:45 pm »
Originally posted by Shermatt
I think i might post a pic of this guy with his OLD car in the background just to give you guys a bit of a larf. You can see the crazy stuff I go through everyday when you see this guy...

You might want to resist the temptation to let him know where the car went, coz that will kill any future sales!!
Feed em whatever they want to hear
and call me when you find a cheap rustfree 69-73 fastback, preferably black!!