Help Automotive paint analyst

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Help Automotive paint analyst  (Read 6501 times)

Offline Bllett

• Worked
« on: October 26, 2008, 06:38:33 pm »
I had recently had my car resprayed and there seems to be slight bumbling in the roof been told via a couple reputable resto-shops its moisture and will need to be taken back to bare metal in this section and repainted, what I was after was an independent paint analyst that can supply an independent assessment as the panel shop where the works was undertaken can be difficult, prefer if they are located in Victoria, any assistance would be appreciated.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 07:57:40 pm »
Daponi...  have you taken it back to the original sprayer?  They may of had a filter problem and should agree to do the job again.  Also it should give you an idea as to how much evidence you will need for civil action.  

Offline Bllett

• Worked
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 08:52:38 pm »
Thanks Mac1, I have and have had the opinion from others whom say its consitent with moisture have been told there are independent people that can do anassesment on paint that way it can not be debated like.
If not it becomes difficult with the suplier and he makes excuses and thought this way he cant deabte and then if not wanting to rectify will lean towards civil action like.

Offline Kustoms4u

• Pony
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 11:26:48 pm »
As being a spray painter for many years and now working for a leader of automotive coatings, the bubbleing issue could be an effect of many problems, addhesion, moisture and oil, dust under colour or even a reaction of from the devil himself "Polyester"...
It's very difficult for a painter to addmit his own fault, but an assessment by the right person should be able to give you a fair idea of what was the cause. One idea is by cutting the paint with a sharp razer blade and actually seeing where the last layer actually lets go. Haveing said that you would then have to paint that panel again, from this you will determain weither adhesion was the cause.
If you need anymore help send us a post,

Good luck.

Kustoms4u,

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 10:09:23 am »
as an ex-spraypainter :i with the above post. I would say 90% chance it's air contamination(oil,water in air line) was the cause...        

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 11:11:55 am »
Daponi.

There is a place in Moorabbin that will inspect and be like an advocate for you for repairs that are completed to a standard not satisfactory to the owner. They used to be in Keys rd , but now in Chesterville rd I think.  Could be a place called Euro Image.

Maybe someone else knows.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline Bllett

• Worked
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 06:55:07 pm »
Hey Frank, I spoke with Con the propriter of Euro Image and he put me on to a guy Mark Eagen who seems great, the car is  booked in, apprecite your help with it.

Daponi :2

Offline Bllett

• Worked
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 02:11:16 pm »
Hi Frank and co, info only, I was put onto Prestige Auto assessing, Mr. Mark Egan he is true gentlemen and knows his stuff, he is extremely helpful and if any members require his services keep him in mind m 0400 103 624 e paaservices@bigpond.com.

Frank appreciate you putting me onto Con who intern put me onto Mark
;{

Offline Kustoms4u

• Pony
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 10:37:46 pm »
What was the verdict??

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 03:34:08 pm »
Being in the compressed air industry, if the shop doesnt have a refrigerated drier and submicron filtration then the risk of contamination of your paint job is likely.
All the dunny roll filters and water traps and rubbish gadgets doesnt guarantee the absolute removal of water, oil vapor and dirt, Only the refrigerated drier and submicron filtration will do and Ill put my nuts on that one.
Dont settle for second best, cause only the better shops have this sort of equipment.
Cheers Hev
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres