'66 Window glass channel seal strip

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: '66 Window glass channel seal strip  (Read 2011 times)

Offline jambo

• Thoroughbred
« on: October 17, 2008, 11:21:17 am »
Hi Chaps,

I've got my '66 Fastback doors in pieces and upon inspection of the windows i've found the channel seals are knackered (these are the seals that the window glass sits in , and the seal that the chrome strip on top of the window sits in).
My NPD catalog says they are 1/16'' and applicable for 65-73 years , does anyone know if i can them over here or is there something similar in Australia? Seems a shame to order seals from the US that only cost a few bucks
Thanks for any help,

Jim

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
  • A bit of concours nutter, but I'm still learning!!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 08:22:12 pm »
Hi Jim

You could give Steve a call at Mustangs of Melbourne as he generally stocks them

Herman
Have now converted the other half into doing some of the Concours washin, cleaning & polishing stuff!!!!!!!!

Offline jambo

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 10:29:50 pm »
Thanks - tried him with no luck , he doesn't even have a listing for them in his stock. Also tried pretty much all other sellers with the same result , i had a suggestion from one of the guys to use window sealant which i'll try...

Offline Mustang_66_Coupe

• Stallion
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 08:06:25 pm »
SIKAFLEX, I removed my glass and trim then I used sikaflex to put it back together. Just fill the gutter/trim with a generous bead and push the glass in. It gets a bit messy but after it setsrun a blade along the trim, just clean up the glass with a razor blade and trim with some turps.

Offline jambo

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 08:32:12 pm »
Sikaflex? Haven't heard of it but i'll happily take a recommendation rather than the usual bunnings style sealant , cheers

Offline Mustang-kid

• Stallion
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 09:45:18 am »
:( I use Sikaflex products on all my restorations, great stuff. Not sure if I would use them on my glass door windows. Look up the 3M website they may have a glue that will help you.

Offline jambo

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 10:21:09 am »
Cheers guys - will order the parts from the rubber connection and give it a try