How Much?

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: How Much?  (Read 3312 times)

Offline convertable67

• Pony
How Much?
« on: May 01, 2006, 02:51:48 pm »
Hi , I am replacing my current 351W with a 302clevo engine, SOme are saying it is too wide some are syaing it fill fit snug, Has anyone done it or can tell me a difinative answer please, I know it has same mounts bolts etc so theres just the size hassle , Also if you have done it what did you do about headers-manifold My mustang is still LHD with RAM type p/s so  most it not all the pacemaker and aftermarket stuff doesnt work

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
How Much?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 08:37:32 pm »
Could be wrong and often am, but 67's could be optioned with a big block, so I cant see any reason why a Cleaveland wont fit. I'm sure someone here will have done it.
nassi
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline convertable67

• Pony
How Much?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 07:27:16 am »
Originally posted by convertable67
Hi , I am replacing my current 351W with a 302clevo engine, SOme are saying it is too wide some are syaing it fill fit snug, Has anyone done it or can tell me a difinative answer please, I know it has same mounts bolts etc so theres just the size hassle , Also if you have done it what did you do about headers-manifold My mustang is still LHD with RAM type p/s so  most it not all the pacemaker and aftermarket stuff doesnt work

ALl the stuff i ,ve read on the web makes me wonder, stories of having to hack the shock towers to pieces, spread them apart. take the engine out after fitting to fit a manifold. then others say piece of piss. fits str8 in. i,d just like to hear it for real from first hand expereince

Offline jas24zzk

• Worked
How Much?
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 10:58:52 pm »
Yer it does fit.
                  as nassi suggested, they did come out with a big block!
The horror stories you hear of about ripping the motor out to do manifolds are true..even changing plugs is a most challenging exercise!
EVEN WORSE WITH EXTRACTORS.  :[

its a snug fit all right!!  :+

Cheers
Jas

Offline convertable67

• Pony
How Much?
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 09:51:52 am »
Originally posted by jas24zzk
Yer it does fit.
                  as nassi suggested, they did come out with a big block!
The horror stories you hear of about ripping the motor out to do manifolds are true..even changing plugs is a most challenging exercise!
EVEN WORSE WITH EXTRACTORS.  :[

its a snug fit all right!!  :+

Cheers
Jas

Was hoping for extractors but manifolds will do Any ideas what may suit best fitment wise, I only have the windsor ones now so will need to source some either way

Cheers

Offline Andymac

• Stallion
    • http://www.mustangaddicts.com
How Much?
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 10:12:44 pm »
The 67's could be optioned with a 390 big block. Just curious, but why a 302 cleveland?
Don't get left out of the loop. Join our online Mustang Community at
http://www.mustangaddicts.com/presents/YourOnlineCommunity
Free Blogs-Forum-Photo Gallery-Classifieds-Chatrooms-StangTube Video

Offline jas24zzk

• Worked
How Much?
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 12:05:45 am »
You will need to source manifolds out of a Later US mustang that had a clevo in it, or you are going to have clearance headaches.

I don't understand the choice of the 302C either....the 351W is no anchor!

Jas

Offline convertable67

• Pony
How Much?
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 06:09:54 pm »
Picked up the clevo as an unpaid debt, its fully rebuilt including heads and has not been run.. I figured it was cheaper/ tho maybe not easier so it seems to fit it instead of rebuildng the windsor.

Offline convertable67

• Pony
How Much?
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 06:15:38 pm »
Just a add to that, I can sell the W long motor and actually come out in front after any new bits i need for the swap are taken into account. Worse comes to worse and the clevo gives me too much grief to get in and sorted i will do the W up as originally planned and flog off the clevo..

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
How Much?
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 10:56:43 am »
:i yea good idea, clevos are fab,Well how much do you want for the winnie?
Is it in running order?:i
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline convertable67

• Pony
How Much?
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 03:39:49 pm »
Yep runs well still in my car .no smoke, no rattles or knocks low oil pressure and overheats easily, ,. so i assume a top and bottom end wouldnt go astray

I figure it s gotta be worth 900? whats your thoughts

Offline BLKPNY

• Pegasus
  • Forum Sponsor
    • www.CustomMustangs.com.au
How Much?
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 09:00:38 pm »
It would want to be a very special 302 Clevo.....
Don't get me wrong, I love Clevo's, I run them in a 9 second Dragcar, in a 10 second rail, and with a big supercharger and 400ci in my F150.
But if you are only goin to sell the Windsor for $900, to go backward in cubes, bigger and heavier in the front, similar power to what you have now, and loose your extractors for manifolds, I say you are mad.
Sell the clevo for a quickie home freshen up of your Windsor, new rings, pistons, bearings, gaskets, cam, lifters and springs, with a good alloy manifold, should wake up the sleepy 351W. and you will still be in front, more power, good handling, less work, and you can still work on it.

My $0.02c worth.....
Custom Mustangs
0438 351 400 or 03 9782 8850
For Email CLICK HERE
2/14 Lakewood Blvd Carrum Downs Victoria
Signature Sponsor

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
How Much?
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 09:52:57 pm »
302c to replace a 351w :w

Why?