Latest Mustang price guide

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Latest Mustang price guide  (Read 4182 times)

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
« on: September 23, 2008, 10:50:04 am »
Hi Team,

Just copied the latest used mustang price guide from the Spetember 2008 Mustangs and Fords magazine (similar to unique cars but 80% mustangs for sale, the rest classic fords).

In this edition the pricing is for 65, 66, 67.  Hope this image works for you, otherwise buy a copy! :+

Cheers Bee

Cheers Bee

Offline 68pony

• Worked
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 01:16:02 pm »
interesting bee according to the price guide the vert is worth more than the fastback , i would have thought it would be the other way round

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 01:25:46 pm »
Agreed, but these are facts based on actual sales made, so it's hard to argue. Maybe we've been believing the hype?

Cheers Bee
Cheers Bee

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 01:59:23 pm »
By the way, from a scarcity point of view from manufacturing volumes I know in 1966 there was twice the demand for verts than fastbacks sold, so you would naturally think the limited number of fastbacks could make them more expensive, however if you look online for 1964-1967, Australian sites such as uniquecarsales.com.au there are about 21 fastbacks vs 19 verts, so similar sales numbers, which means as a ratio more fastbacks are up for sale against how many are on the road, probably double.

Cheers Bee
Cheers Bee

Offline fenderslash

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 04:50:49 pm »
Just off on a little tangent here... Just how innaccurate are the Red Book values??!! I recently did some toe-in-the-water research with my credit union about a loan to buy a Mustang. I was told that they would only give out used car loans to the value stated on the Redbook site. The top-condition Redbook value for a 1965 fastback is $27900. I wish I could find one for that price! It's a real frustration when it comes to getting finance for the car because if I want a bigger loan than that (which I do due to the actual value of these cars) then I have to take out a personal loan at 13.95% rather than a car loan at 9.4%. I currently have a VL Group A "Walkinshaw" and the value of that in Red Book is totally inaccurate too. Well, maybe not to the Ford fans here :)

My baby...  1965 Mustang 2+2; C-code 289 (with 4bbl Holley); C4 auto; Rangoon Red

Offline jmd1

• Blue Printed
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 05:49:51 pm »
. I currently have a VL Group A "Walkinshaw" and the value of that in Red Book is totally inaccurate too. Well, maybe not to the Ford fans here :)

Borrow as much as possible and get away from the fibreglass Coma door.:w:w:w:w:w