Steering conversion

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Steering conversion  (Read 2161 times)

Offline ken_gilchrist

• L Plates
Steering conversion
« on: April 25, 2006, 12:00:00 am »
Hi every one.
   Just got myself my very first Mustang,a 66 coupe with 289.I am accually a Holden fan but who can honestly not think the mustang is one of the sexiest cars ever made?I'm looking forward to starting the rebuilding procces,just need to decide if I want to leave it LHD or convert it.Is there any were I can get instructions on the conversion?I was thinking about takling it my self if it isn't too difficult.I'm reasonably mechanicaly minded and this isn't my first rebuild so I was thinking about giving it a go.Has any one else done their own?Or does anyone know someone in the Newcastle region who does conversions?Another idea I was thinking of was to put a BA dash and interior in it.I know some die hard enthusiests will near have a stroke, but I'm looking to build something a little different.Has anyone done something like this before?
   I brought the car as an unfinished project,the car is in bits but at least the body work has been done and is ready to spray on some colour.Well since this is my first ford and the car is in peices I imagine I will be on here from time to time asking advise and ideas.

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Steering conversion
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 10:05:44 am »
Hi Ken, on this site http://www.justmustangs.com.au/
go to the forum and ask a fellow by the name of Marshall. He has built a 66 Convertible with AU XR8 interior and running gear, not to mention the Jag rear end. The car is converted but I'm not sure if he did it himself or out sourced the job.
nassi
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100