Thermo Fan Conversion..

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Thermo Fan Conversion..  (Read 2685 times)

Offline Bashfull

• Thoroughbred
Thermo Fan Conversion..
« on: April 24, 2006, 05:45:40 pm »
any ideas what fits really well and works really well..

i have also heard that maybe a later madel fan clutch maybe a more reliable alternative...

all oppioninos would be nice good bad or in different...

Offline hipo66

• L Plates
Thermo Fan Conversion..
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 05:59:31 pm »
hi bashfull
 i just recently had my 66 coupe professionly fitted with a 16 inch pull type thermo fan which is mounted on the inside of the radiator, with brackets solded onto the side of the radiator which is much better than the pull zip type you get with your mounting hardware also i had a sender mounter into the tank which activates the fan automaticaly and i also had a manual overide switch both auto and manual operation are allumated by a small light on the dash  it has worked excellent. its a pitty you live in nsw because Darren at Allied Mechinical Repairs is your man i live 3 hours away from melbourne and it was worth the trip his attention to detail and professionalism, is amazing.
hipo66

Offline mus66

• P Plates
Thermo Fan Conversion..
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 08:52:19 pm »
Hi Bashfull Darryn here from Allied Mechanical Repairs. I have modified a few of these now and i put a new three row rad and a temp sender unit in the bottom tank. My sparky is the most fussy wiring guy out there and we do have fun fixing theses beautiful cars. If you want to ring me i am more then happy to help you out. 03 9330-2222  :=

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
Thermo Fan Conversion..
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 10:57:17 am »
Hey Bashfull,
Do you have a 24" radiator, Dont waste your time if you dont. Trust me I have the best 20" radiator core,a 4 core super fine tubes with the very best thermal  release properties ,fully sealed fancouling and she warms up when it idles.
I will keep you posted as we are getting our hands on some 24" 4 core from the USA
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres