No drag strip for Kalgoorlie!!

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: No drag strip for Kalgoorlie!!  (Read 5523 times)

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
« on: August 24, 2008, 04:32:00 am »
I read this old ABC news dated the 19th June 2008:

A local car club has abandoned plans to set up a drag racing strip in Kalgoorlie, saying its efforts have been blocked by Western Australian Government red tape.

The Goldfields Street and Strip Club first proposed the quarter-mile drag strip nearly four years ago at a site north of the Kalgoorlie Boulder Speedway.

The proposal had financial backing from BHP Billiton and council approval.

But club spokesman Andy Boult says the Department for Planning and Infrastructure has placed too many conditions on the plan.

"The State Government is just not interested at all. In fact they've put BHP absolutely through the hoops and BHP kept jumping them, until they got to a point where they said enough's enough," he said.

"At this point in time there's not going to be a drag racing facility in Kalgoorlie Boulder. You can write that in blood."

Hmm... they might have to change their club name to 'The Goldfields Street Club';]

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 09:11:38 am »
They may still have a chance, there could be a change of government soon.
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline Red71

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 12:16:13 pm »
Originally posted by 6T9rustang

"Hmm... they might have to change their club name to 'The Goldfields Street Club';]

With some politicians, it might be easier to change it to Goldfields Strip Club - they would probably get a permit for a 'gentlemen's club'.  :+

Offline mach70

• Blue Printed
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 01:24:24 pm »
You would think being "the hoon capital of WA" the Government would be all for getting something legally organised to reduce the hooning........oh right.......then that would be no good........no "hoons" no more headline news, no more sensationalist news for the politicians to grab onto,

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 02:50:53 pm »
Originally posted by mach70
You would think being "the hoon capital of WA" the Government would be all for getting something legally organised to reduce the hooning........oh right.......then that would be no good........no "hoons" no more headline news, no more sensationalist news for the politicians to grab onto,  

If I didnt know better, i'd think you were being sarcastic :+
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline Skulls

• Worked
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 10:27:29 pm »

This a job for the leigslation tiger Mr Barry ebedes to take up with the beuracrats , i reckon he will thive on this ???

shaun