You're not wrong

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: You're not wrong  (Read 4268 times)

Offline derwin66

• Blue Printed
You're not wrong
« on: August 22, 2008, 12:36:01 pm »
How disgusting is the olympics coverage by Channel 7.  It is full of commercials, reruns, uneducated hacks commenting on sports they know nothing about.  Why hasn't it shown any judo, boxing, taekwondo and other fringe sports.  How is synchronised swimming a sport.  Thanks god for SBS and ABC radio.:_
65 T code coupe.
Blown 302. Heidts suspension, tricked C4
Gear vendors overdrive, RRS rack and pinion
Street or track roller perches adjustable struts.
60 F100.
Warm 289, AOD

Offline jr65

• Worked
You're not wrong
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 01:02:04 pm »
:[:[:[:[:[ AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH channel 7.  

I will try and keep it short   I remember back to when they used to cover the Australian Touring Car championship, and over time the coverage got so bad it just about killed the sport, thank god channel ten and a few others turned it around to what the V8 supercars are today.  

Imagine my panic when 7 won the rights to televise it again, and they haven’t disappointed me, there coverage is hopeless.  Races split between AFL  matches,  put on all hours of the day commentators that have no real interest in motor sport, apart from Neil Crompton  and that idiot Denyer that wants to make a joke about everything.:_:_:_

Cant wait for ten to get it back again at least they were serious on what they reported on.  

About the only good thing on channel 7 is uuummm……??????????  Look I will get back to you on that

Offline peterp

• Administrator
  • Worked
    • http://www.yourithelp.com.au
You're not wrong
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 02:14:40 pm »
Also the fact that half the stuff they do show that is supposed to be live actually isn't.

Try it, half way through an event check it on the internet and you can get the final result.

Shame on you channel 7

Peterp
You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape.

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
You're not wrong
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 02:23:58 pm »
Very poor conerage, commentary, mix of sports, irrelevent tributes run over and over, artistic slow mo of stuff that is just not sport! Lack of regular results summaries, like how about a very brief update each hoe of rounds, finals, aussies etc.

Hopeless!

I think it's channel 9 for London?

Cheers Bee
Cheers Bee

Offline derwin66

• Blue Printed
You're not wrong
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 03:20:18 pm »
Thank god, I am not the only person who thought this.  I listened to a swim race on abc the other day.  I drove home, had dinner and watched channel 7 and they were showing the race as if it was live, only that it was two hours after the event.  Someone should tell them there is more to the olympics than swimming.
65 T code coupe.
Blown 302. Heidts suspension, tricked C4
Gear vendors overdrive, RRS rack and pinion
Street or track roller perches adjustable struts.
60 F100.
Warm 289, AOD

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
You're not wrong
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 03:49:42 pm »
Your not often wrong but your right again!:[ Its pretty hopeless, I sit to watch the olympics and I get the AFL oldlimpdics,:- sorry channel 7 do suc, What about that sheila in the morning, the one without a top lip, and that other bloke too, the one with only 1 top lip, CHANNEL 7...your a basket case!
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
You're not wrong
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 05:29:59 pm »
I agree with you all.
Being a sports nut I had great expectations of late nite bliss.
Channel 7 have lost the plot.
You only have to listen to talkback radio in Melbourne to see that the vast majority are really p155ed off with the so called "coverage".
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline gta390

• Thoroughbred
You're not wrong
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 06:23:41 pm »
I know it must be hard to show all the sports, the first week was not bad but once the swimming finished they lost the plot.
If i saw one more gymnastics display, i think i would have had to slit my wrists.
And i didn't get to see Kamakazee in the bmx.
Anyone who changes there name to Kamakazee must be serious, or have serious issues?

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
You're not wrong
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 06:32:15 pm »
Totally agree! ;x  Which channel is Televising Bathurst this year????

Offline jr65

• Worked
You're not wrong
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 07:04:21 pm »
Channel 7..........lets hope they lift there game after all the flack they cop from the olympics.

Offline jmd1

• Blue Printed
You're not wrong
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 07:43:13 pm »
Why watch the best race in the world on tele.
Don't cost that much to see it live.
Admittedly I am a mountain junkee.:f:f:2:f

Offline jr65

• Worked
You're not wrong
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 09:49:00 pm »
I used to do friday  and saturday when I lived in NSW, and then drive back home for the race on sunday but being older now,  I like the comforts of my lounge, big screen, and the wife bringing breaky, lunch and  the drinks :2:2:2 in the closing laps when it all gets to much to take. :(

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
You're not wrong
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 12:54:14 pm »
I'm with jr65 there! No lining up for 2 hours to buy a dodgy hotdog, when I can have a fresh BLT & ice cold brew straight from the fridge....Delivered with a smile!

Offline mudguts

• Thoroughbred
You're not wrong
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2008, 03:34:09 pm »
went for good cruise this morning did shopping met edd.
 what olympics?

Offline Bumblebee

• Blue Printed
You're not wrong
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 06:08:09 pm »
Can you believe I'm stupidly still watching the telecast, no big stuff, usual repeats and tribute junk, nothing live, the news comes on, Aussie Gold in the canoe 500! Give me strength!

Cheers Bee
Cheers Bee

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
You're not wrong
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2008, 06:00:13 pm »
Its nearly over...  Just 2 weeks of repeats now, while they pat each others backs..

Offline tbk

• Pony
You're not wrong
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2008, 12:58:34 pm »
Bit late to this thread, since its finished and stuff... but

Nice to see i wasnt the only one thinking exact same thing. Saw so much diving and gymnastics i was going to puke.

However thank god for SBS early on, they simulcast the cycling (yeah, i got a bit hooked from the Tour de France).
Buuuut what happened to the tennis???? ... did i just simply miss it? because Im sure 7 didnt show it...

Last week at some stage i only saw the three names of who won the loot and that was that GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! :_ :_ :_ :_

I thought leyley was going to play for us, but never heard anything else. Hate you Seven, and i hate you TV... im going to work on my car now.

Chris

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
You're not wrong
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2008, 01:28:39 pm »
My 2 bobs worth is why don't they have more common sports? Is that ribbon twirling a sport? I don't see many kids out twirling ribbons down the park!
Is the Olympics for animals too? Why the horse stuff? Why not a medal for dogs of other animals doing tricks? Who says what is an Olympic sport?
Why don't they have,....  Walking and running backward races, they have swimming backwards in swimming and all sorts of variations of strokes!  maybe they should have hopping or skipping races, Wheelbarrow races, Rock throwing, Piddling high comps , Walking on your hands races,  Spitting as high or far as one can for the gold, It would make some better veiwing.
What sports would you like to see?
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Offline paulr

• Worked
You're not wrong
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2008, 07:23:53 pm »
How about "Whose dog can do the biggest shit in the park. I swear 1kg of dog food =2kg of turd.
  Make riveting viewing on channel 7 too.Maybe get Kochie
to do commentary.:w:w:w

Offline 6T9rustang

• Worked
You're not wrong
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 08:23:40 pm »
Thank F#*k! the olympics are over!  They should only come around every 10 years!:[

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
You're not wrong
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 08:46:26 am »
I'm with Heven, on this! Next it'll be televised Olympic Knitting, or World Championship Origame. How about Olympic level Tai Chi?...That would be riveting viewing!...Can't wait for alzheimers to hit!

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
You're not wrong
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 09:35:13 am »
I was hoping Blokesworld petitioning to make pole dancing an Olymic sport might have gotten it onto the 2008 games ... alas ...

BTW, what ever happened to Blokesworld ?
I see Channel31 has a new show on a similar theme - 'Guys LifeStyle' ... stuck in between all the good car shows on a Tuesday night. What a POS !

cheers,
Frank.

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
You're not wrong
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 12:03:49 pm »
Olympic Knitting! I suppose they could consider Crochet too! The pole dancing would definitly lift the ratings along with the Jelly Wrestling, Why not Olympic Darts, or pin the tail on the donkey, rope climbing, OR how about Bombs in the pool? includes, belly flops, yankees, horseies and face drops. Ballsports should include, Highest kick, longest kick, fastest kick.
And of the parralimpdiks coud host the "one legged bum kicking team"
Can anyone else think of anything else?

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
You're not wrong
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008, 02:50:10 pm »
What about wheelchair hurdles, One armed Clean & Jerk, or the Quadriplegic 100m breast stroke..(that'd be like watching submarine races!)  I reckon the aquatic sports should have things like 500m Tinny rowing for different sized tinnies ie 12 foot,14 foot & 16 foot.  Esky hurdling, Speed lawnmowing- powered and unpowered divisions, Chest hair growing- they all shave their chests (blokes & russian wimmen), and the one who grows it back quickest gets gold.(-Finally an Olympic sport you can do drinking beer!) Instead of pooncing about waving bits of ribbon, the girls should do things like Hanging out the wash - the fastest gets gold, with bonus points for colour coding the pegs with the clothes! geez, I do go on don't I!
cheers Ron B