Extractors for a 302 Windsor

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Extractors for a 302 Windsor  (Read 5218 times)

Offline Wookie66

• P Plates
« on: April 10, 2006, 11:15:01 pm »
Hi Guys
I am new here and would like some advice if i may. I am looking for a set of extractors to suit a 302 Windsor fitted with GT40P heads residing in a RHD 66 Coupe. I don't know what type of steering box is fitted but it looks like an XF. It also has a ram type power steering rack. I am getting a little confused as to what may be available. Your help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Rob

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 10:00:40 am »
Hi have a look at those fitted to the EL XR8 as they look like they mite fit! Mite save some money using proprietry line stuff rather than custom,I have custum and the receipt I have is for 2grand! see ya PAULL
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline 66ccode

• Stallion
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 10:14:25 am »
I saw on ebay some pacemeaker extractors that I believe are for a RHD 66 they are around $575 from memory.

Offline ThunderKiss

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 10:19:37 pm »
The problem is Wookie66 has GT40P heads and they have different spark plug angles.  Pacemakers won't fit, I've tried.
When I had the same heads fitted I also had a look at the AU XR8 headers and visually I don't think they'll fit either.
I ended up getting custom headers made for around $900 + $240 for ceramic coating.

Offline Wookie66

• P Plates
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 11:05:23 pm »
Thanks for all the suggestions so far guys. Please keep the ideas coming but it is looking more like custom pipes everyday. I did have one quote from a local exhaust place to supply and fit a brand I can't remember for $640 but I don't think he realised that the heads are not standard. Thanks again and please keep the ideas coming

Wookie66

Offline ThunderKiss

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 07:33:01 pm »
Wookie66, do you already own the heads?

Offline Wookie66

• P Plates
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 09:50:49 pm »
Hi Thunderkiss
Yes, I have the heads on the car. I bought a warrenty engine from Eagle after my old engine crapped its pants. The heads came with it along with a new fancy roller cam and other goodies. Why do you ask?

Offline ThunderKiss

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 09:56:48 pm »
That sounds good.
The reason I asked was because by the time you buy these heads and allow for the expense of custom headers, you'd be better off buying more expensive aftermarket heads and using your existing headers (if you have any).
In my case, I already had Pacemakers when I had my motor rebuilt and fitted with the GT40Ps, then I had to have another set of headers made.  I would have been able to get more performance from say a set of AFRs with my existing headers for similar or a little more money.

Offline andrewrbanks

• L Plates
    • http://www.andybanks.net
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 02:49:59 pm »
G'day,

i'm guessing you've probably already gone with a solution for this, but to help you with feeling better about it, i recently sourced some hooker headers for a 302 with the gt40 aluminium x303 heads (the new crate engines from the states). took a lot of ringing around and eventually got onto someone at holley who assured me that the ones he offered wuld eb suitable. of course they weren't, and in the end, it would have been cheaper to custom build them from scratch rather than modify to suit the 65 coupe installation. Liverpool exhausts quoted me 1100 for a custom set of headers for my 73 coupe about a year ago. things wouldn't have changed too much i don't think.

regards,

Andrew Banks