Scotty Kirkbride Melanoma Foundation fundraising proposal

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Scotty Kirkbride Melanoma Foundation fundraising proposal  (Read 3121 times)

Offline whnnie

• Pony
Dear Ladies and Gentleman,

In December of 2004 a good friend of mine passed away.

What is so different about this you may say?

Well Scotty Kirkbride was only 27 years of age.

He died from a Melanoma diagnosed some 18 months earlier after discovering a lump that railroaded out of control through his body, leaving a brother and his parents devestated and wondering why.

Why did it happen to him so young?

Rather than sit around and wait for sympathy, his mother Vonnie, established a foundation in his name, the "Scotty Kirkbride Melanoma Foundation" here in Western Australia.

It is a division of the Western Australian Institute for Medical Research at the University of Western Australia.

Being a Mustang tragic and a friend of Scotty's I have this dream of having a charity run and calling it ;

"Mustangs for Melanoma"

We have the highest rate of skin cancer in the world and it would be great to create an event that could become a benchmark for all the other clubs to aspire to in not only awareness, but profile for the disease itself.

I am listing this in the national site area to create an interest for a mate who does not have the chances we have. to follow our passion.

I am 41. Scotty is no longer here to have the chances we have to enjoy the lives we all enjoy.

If any of you guys or girls are interested in creating an event in his name, whether locally or nationally, email me on;

andrew@golfbizwest.com

What format this takes is really up to us.

All I know is that I want to do something.

Will you help? :a  :p

It would be great to have our association of club members creating an event that highlights the importance of awareness and helping research into a disease that claims more young lives here in Australia than any other country in the world.

Hope to hear from anyone who is interested in creating a special event for Stangers that helps the whole community and at the same time help saves young lives across our great country.

Thanks for listening.

Regards and many thanks,  :o

Andrew Wynne

Perth / Western Australia

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
Scotty Kirkbride Melanoma Foundation fundraising proposal
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 08:30:04 pm »
Andrew, have taken the liberty of printing a hard copy of your post to present at the MOCAWA meeting tonight. hope you dont mind.

How did the brake diagnosis go?
nassi
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100