Headlamp conversion wiring

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Headlamp conversion wiring  (Read 1492 times)

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
« on: June 13, 2008, 10:09:51 pm »
Ok, I have some new headlamps and some H4 globes.

Now I need to wire them up to the 68. Any suggestions where I can find the correct procedure on how to do it?

Offline Ashley

• Stallion
    • www.cfcomponents.com.au
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 10:23:06 pm »
Check out this page by Midlife66
66 FB, 302, 5 Spd man
65 FB, 289, 3 Spd auto - SOLD

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 08:58:53 am »
I like that.......Hey ech .........I CAN SAVE YOU MOney.....you can go to the wreckers and get the relays off an XF and they are on individual sub bases they are on the R/H front inner guard, and can latch onto each other.
The late model stuff like EL and up have a 4 bank relay base on the L/H side just behind the headlice, but they aint detachable....
Then all you have to do is run a wire from the relay  main supply to the battery and put a 100 amp fuse in it then wire your existin lights to it.....easy A?.....Then go down the Bottlo and spend what you saved on a carton and  relax.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline jmd1

• Blue Printed
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 09:29:00 am »
Originally posted by HEVEN67
I like that.......Hey ech .........I CAN SAVE YOU MOney.....you can go to the wreckers and get the relays off an XF and they are on individual sub bases they are on the R/H front inner guard, and can latch onto each other.
The late model stuff like EL and up have a 4 bank relay base on the L/H side just behind the headlice, but they aint detachable....
Then all you have to do is run a wire from the relay  main supply to the battery and put a 100 amp fuse in it then wire your existin lights to it.....easy A?.....Then go down the Bottlo and spend what you saved on a carton and  relax.

Sounds like a good  idea to me, I'm off to strip parts off an XF after lunch. Thanks Hev and the carton will be on the shopping list.

Offline james

• Pony
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 07:41:52 pm »
i know you have already bought your headlamps but have you read the halo/angel headlamps blog i droped on here the headlamps are just plug and play and there actually pretty cheap i payed $70 if you dont want halos dont hook them up
here check it out i just think there great and it can save people some time and money.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PAIR-12V-7inch-ROUND-CRYSTAL-H-LIGHTS-WITH-LED-RING_W0QQitemZ300231809856QQihZ020QQcategoryZ33710QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262