Passing of Noel -RIP

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Passing of Noel -RIP  (Read 9563 times)

Offline Pete

• Worked
Passing of Noel -RIP
« on: May 28, 2008, 10:19:36 am »
I regret to inform MOCA members and forum members that my very good friend and secretary of the Mustang Owners Club of Australia Victoria, Noel Thane (aka Phantom), has passed away after a short illness.  Noel is survived by his wife Judy and 3 children. Noel had just turned 54. He will be sadly missed by all who knew him. True to form, Noel passed away wearing his favorite FORD T shirt. I would like to pass on the condolences of the membership of MOCA Vic to the family. Funeral details will be posted as soon as possible. Please attend the funeral in your Mustang, this will be a fitting tribute to a great bloke.

Peter Richardson, mustang Owners Club of Australia, Vic, Inc Vice President.

Offline usa289

• Worked
Passing of Noel -RIP
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 12:40:19 pm »
How very, very sad... I met Noel a few times through his involvement with arranging the MotoGP parade. A real gentleman and really friendly guy.... an extremely sad time for his family and many many friends.

Terry G.
[align=center]
USA289
[/align]

Offline mussy65

• Worked
    • http://nsw.mustang.org.au
  • Name: Phil
Passing of Noel -RIP
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 01:33:32 pm »
From a NSW member (ex Victoria)

Please wish Noel's family my condolences, I knew him when I was a  member of the MOCA VICTORIA club  before I moved to SYDNEY.

Regards Ray Goldring.

Offline Shelby 1

• Shelby Enthusiast
  • Thoroughbred
Passing of Noel -RIP
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 01:54:51 pm »
It was very sad to hear about Noel's passing today.He was a good friend of mine and others in the Mustang Club.Deepest sympathy to Judy and the family.What Noel brought to the  Victorian Mustang Club was fantastic.He will be sadly missed.Until we meet again Big Guy,regards,your friend always Woody.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Passing of Noel -RIP
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 03:45:08 pm »
Condolences to Noel's family,  in the passing of a friend to most and a very good secretary to Mustang Owners Club of Australia Victoria.  

R I P

Offline rayl

• Thoroughbred
Passing of Noel -RIP
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 04:37:26 pm »
On behalf of the Club and all it's members, we extend our sympathies to the family and friends of Noel and ask that you pass on our sincere condolences.
Ray Law
President
MOCA QLD

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
Passing of Noel -RIP
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 05:08:33 pm »
As more recent owner/members we wish to extend our deepest sympathy to Noel's family and close friends. We found Noel to be particularly friendly and encouraging when we 1st joined some  2  1/2  years ago.
He will be sadly missed by all.
Ian and Kerry Johnson.
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline victorypark

• Worked
Passing of Noel -RIP
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 06:39:46 pm »
I would like to echo the sentiments of those above. Even though I had never met Noel, his loss will be felt throughout the Mustang community Australia wide.

R.I.P.

Ashley Fellowes

Offline USHIPO

• L Plates
Passing of Noel -RIP
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 08:22:39 pm »
It is with great sadness to hear of Noel's passing.  His time and enthusiasm to promote the Mustang movement for MOCA Vic. will long be remembered.  Deepest sympathy and thoughts are with Judy and family at this time.  AWDB'S

Offline Mustang-kid

• Stallion
Passing of Noel -RIP
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 06:52:41 am »
True Gentlemen, Great guy also willing to help anyone out, I will miss him. Deepest sympathy to Judy and family.
Tony Fable & Family

Offline nickd

• Worked
  • MOCA Vic Member 924
  • Name: Nick
  • Car: 1965 Coupe
Passing of Noel -RIP
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 07:21:33 am »
A great member who will be missed by all in the club

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
  • A bit of concours nutter, but I'm still learning!!
Passing of Noel -RIP
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 07:50:47 am »
Noel will be hard to replace and will be deeply missed by all who know him.  My condolences to Judy and family.

Adam & Narelle
Social Events Coordinator
M.O.C.A Vic
Have now converted the other half into doing some of the Concours washin, cleaning & polishing stuff!!!!!!!!

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Passing of Noel -RIP
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 05:46:59 pm »
Pete, I gather that club permit registered vehicles are approved to attend tomorrows service and the run to Springvale from Malvern?

:o