giving mustang club members a bad name

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: giving mustang club members a bad name  (Read 9116 times)

Offline whiplash

• Worked
« on: May 24, 2008, 10:46:37 am »
It happened this morning on the way to work. I lost my Mustang for 48 hrs !!!!!  After loseing traction in 2nd gear for a lil bit !!!! See more on channel 9 tonight !!!! Dam media C%$k heads NOT HAPPY !!!!!:_

Offline Xrayman

• Worked
  • Fatigued - sick of overtime
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 11:22:30 am »
will it be australia wide, or only western side?
what program?

hope you made a note of the mileage prior to handing it over.......
Aaron

what is essential is invisible to the eye

Offline JC074

• Blue Printed
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 01:18:39 pm »
yeh those hoon laws......

its hard to drive in the wet as it is without trac control.......

How much it cost to get it back dude?
Rock on!

Offline whiplash

• Worked
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 01:32:56 pm »
Originally posted by Xrayman
will it be australia wide, or only western side?
what program?

hope you made a note of the mileage prior to handing it over.......

not sure !!! No diddn't check was to busy abusing the dogs (cops)

Offline JC074

• Blue Printed
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 01:33:38 pm »
just read PerthNow...they stung the whole north side last night mate...
Rock on!

Offline whiplash

• Worked
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 01:35:29 pm »
Originally posted by JC074
yeh those hoon laws......

its hard to drive in the wet as it is without trac control.......

How much it cost to get it back dude?

Not sure yet !!! $500-600 odd and then court in August . Even tho i went nuts at the cop I apparently haven't lost my liecence !!!

Offline pala

• Worked
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 01:41:08 pm »
just jelousy,  mate  we know your not a hoon  and most cops pull mustang drivers to check out their rides  , don't stress

Offline whiplash

• Worked
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 01:56:16 pm »
Originally posted by pala
just jelousy,  mate  we know your not a hoon  and most cops pull mustang drivers to check out their rides  , don't stress

YAEH BUT THEY TOOK MINE AND IMPOUNDED IT :[

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 04:52:21 pm »
They don't normally take and impound for nothing.....;w

Offline mozzmuzz

• Pony
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 06:56:02 pm »
Hey whiplash, why don't you have a look at the way that you conduct yourself.  After all, you are ultimately the one responible for your actions.  The coppers are there to do a job and the way that you carry on ain't good for the clubs rep.

You should have a bit more respect I recon.  For the police, the club and for other road users.

Offline pcoe428

• Worked
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 07:42:44 pm »
all depends on the circumstances, I agree if someone is roasting the tires in a intentional manner and being a danger to other road users, but i know I'd be pretty upset if my car was impounded if tyres unintentionaly broke loose on a wet road and got wheel spin for a couple of seconds which can easily happen in our car , hence its very rare it goes out in the wet.  I guess 70% of us that went up to Dowerin last Sunday must be "hoons" as it was a chance to allow the cars to stretch the legs a bit, certainly done mine the world of good, Yes the coppers are there to do a job but maybe they'd be better of catching the real crimes like granny bashers, any way thats my 2 bob worth

Offline whiplash

• Worked
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 08:29:41 pm »
You should have a bit more respect I recon.  For the police, the club and for other road users. [/quote]

Respect is earnt and disrespect like wise . I have the utmost respect for the club and other motorists on the street but the circumstances under which I lost my vehicle are I believe unfair and does not constitute Hoon behaviour . :*

Offline mozzmuzz

• Pony
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 08:53:24 pm »
Fair comment. I guess the Magistrate will be deciding that one.

Offline charlie66

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 11:20:18 pm »
.....gone are the days when you can smoke rubber and only get done for 'undue and excessive noise' and only lose 4 points and a few quid

Offline blackbox

• Worked
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 09:55:14 am »
I blame the young kids in their hotted up cars!!!:[
Hang on, that was me 15 years ago.
James.

Offline victorypark

• Worked
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 09:51:42 pm »
Originally posted by jamessydney
I blame the young kids in their hotted up cars!!!:[
Hang on, that was me 15 years ago.
James.

Well u r spot on james....around our area, as much as I don't like to generalise it tends to be the same element.  We have speed humps in our street and I reckon it encourages them more.  

Go figure!  :_

Offline sixty4

• Pony
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 11:00:49 pm »
ha ha. seriously brother i can't imagine you just braking a little traction in the wet. i have had numerous speeding fines even before multi novas were around, at least with a copper if you showed some respect you had a chance of a let off or a reduction. i would have lost my licence for points if this were not the case. i can tell you one thing, every time i was pulled over i was speeding, every time i have been flashed by a multi nova i have been speeding, when people say they get busted by the cops for doing nothing i'm sorry but i just don't agree with it. don't worry, there are times i could have been busted by the hoon laws too you just have too ask your self when you want to burn some rubber, DO YOU FEEL LUCKY PUNK. HE HE HE:*:*:*:[:+

Offline 66RedRagtop

• Supercharged
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 12:00:59 am »
G'day Whiplash,

What you need to do once you settle is to get your defence evidence together, whether you are going to run your own case or get a mouthpiece.

If you are pleading wet weather (and an oil slick on the road) as the primary cause, get a hard copy weather printout.

Record under today's date the time, traffic conditions, and that you weren't running late for work, and a photo of the site where you were nabbed at about the same time on another work day. Anything else too that's relevant.

You'll give yourself the best chance with the beak if you prepare thoroughly, and dress to impress, but relevant to the your work. eg. don't turn up in an Armani suit if you are a builder, but also don't turn up in steel capped boots. Just show repect to the court.

Finally rehearse the whole thing to sound and look sincere, and that being so privileged to drive a classic Stang, that you are normally are a careful and responsible driver. Grovel and express profound remorse if you are struggling.

And pray like hell that the beak scores the night before, and arrives in a really good mood. :f

I've walked free on my last two minor traffic offence appearances by following such advice from my barrister cousin.

Best of good luck.

Offline mistermustang

• Worked
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 12:59:55 am »
how does that old saying go?

"... do the crime, do the time ..."

or something like that :*
BrianE :o

Offline blackbox

• Worked
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 08:54:56 am »
The really scary thing is if you get caught twice in NSW they take your car for good. BYE BYE!!! No compensation, they sell it and keep the $$$.
About 2 weeks ago on the news a guy lost his $200,000.00 XY GT, because it was his second offence!!!
Now thats having a bad day!;x;]:_:2:2:2:2
James.

Offline ....

• L Plates
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 04:09:40 pm »
:i:iwhiplash its people like you give the car enthusiast community a bad name  especially the mustang club they are a good group of people and they dont need bad publicity from a hoon like you i am in a car club so thats how i found out about your incident .I am sure there are places for you to try your car out in front of the public if you need a ego boost mate . The other thing you need to be concerned with is if the car is left hand drive and on a concessional licence through the state club it will put a black mark against the club and other mustang owners doing the right thing .I am sure alot of people worked really hard to get left hand drive cars on the road over there in WA and it only takes a fool like you to bring it to the authorities attention and then people who have done the right thing will be punished .I find it unbelievable that you gave the police a serve verbally you are only getting in deeper if you did that .
Have  a good think about what you have done you were a idiot

Offline pcoe428

• Worked
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2008, 07:11:53 pm »
Interesting the comments that come thru out of this when no one but whiplash himself knows the full circumstances of what happened and why, what happened to "innocent till proven guilty " oh and by the way the wheels spun in the wet in works toyota hiace the other day ;x I'm a HOON

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2008, 07:54:39 pm »
Originally posted by pcoe428
 ;x I'm a HOON

Ahha I knew it, just waiting for you to admit it you rev head.:+:w
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline nassi

• Supercharged
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2008, 07:58:27 pm »
Originally posted by ....
:i:iwhiplash its people like you give the car enthusiast community a bad name  especially the mustang club they are a good group of people and they dont need bad publicity from a hoon like you i am in a car club so thats how i found out about your incident .I am sure there are places for you to try your car out in front of the public if you need a ego boost mate . The other thing you need to be concerned with is if the car is left hand drive and on a concessional licence through the state club it will put a black mark against the club and other mustang owners doing the right thing .I am sure alot of people worked really hard to get left hand drive cars on the road over there in WA and it only takes a fool like you to bring it to the authorities attention and then people who have done the right thing will be punished .I find it unbelievable that you gave the police a serve verbally you are only getting in deeper if you did that .
Have  a good think about what you have done you were a idiot

While everyone is entitled to an opinoin lets not go getting personal.    :(
Especially when you have not identified yourself, meanwhile welcome aboard. :]
66 Mustang covertible
01 XR8 ute (black)
01 XR8 ute (red)
56 F100

Offline DV8

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2008, 10:57:50 pm »
Yeah, nothing like making your first posting a personal attack;3