on its way

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: on its way  (Read 8619 times)

Offline 70 mach 1

• Stallion
on its way
« on: May 19, 2008, 08:11:40 am »
Quiet here in SA?I went to the last Zippel Cruise starting at Castle Plaza and saw a few nice Muzzies.I have a red 70 Mach 1 H code on its way over from the states.Any hints on getting it thru Regency?How often do the SA guys get together?

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
on its way
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 08:37:25 am »
Hi 70 Mach 1.

Welcome to '70 ownership. Not too many 70s that I know of on the board.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline 70 mach 1

• Stallion
on its way
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 07:24:12 pm »
Thanks Frank.Well we all have our preferences and its the 70 for me with 69's a close second.:( A big block would have been nice or a Boss-maybe one day.Have you got a link to pics of your car?

a slide show of mine.

Offline 2+266

• Worked
on its way
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 08:31:13 pm »
I will tell you next week how regency goes as I am booked in  for the inspection:p,we have a meeting this wednesday night if you are interested and a club run to victor harbor on sunday i think.

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
on its way
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 07:20:44 am »
Originally posted by 70 mach 1
Thanks Frank.Well we all have our preferences and its the 70 for me with 69's a close second.:( A big block would have been nice or a Boss-maybe one day.Have you got a link to pics of your car?

a slide show of mine.

Hi 70 Mach 1.

I have gotten around to taking any good shots yet. But one of the guys was taking photos at the last Vic run and took one of my car :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/evans-photos/2463247127/in/set-72157604874348167/

Trust me it doesn't look that good in the metal. I really need a paint job ! Yours on the other hand looks very nice indeed.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline 70 mach 1

• Stallion
on its way
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 08:22:35 pm »
Originally posted by Frank70

a slide show of mine.

Hi 70 Mach 1.

I have gotten around to taking any good shots yet. But one of the guys was taking photos at the last Vic run and took one of my car :

Trust me it doesn't look that good in the metal. I really need a paint job ! Yours on the other hand looks very nice indeed.

Cheers,
Frank.

Thanks-your's looks pretty nasty though:(

Offline 70 mach 1

• Stallion
on its way
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 08:26:03 pm »
Originally posted by 2+266
I will tell you next week how regency goes as I am booked in  for the inspection:p,we have a meeting this wednesday night if you are interested and a club run to victor harbor on sunday i think.

Hope you go well at Regency-keep us posted.Thanks for the invite but have a business meeting on Wed night:[.Club run to Victor sounds interesting,Would have to do it in a non Mustang at this stage...............FPV GT ?

Regards terry

Offline evan

• Blue Printed
on its way
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 07:46:31 am »

Cheers,
Frank.

C'mon Frank, a photo never lies. I promise I didn't touch up the photo :+

Evan.

Offline 70 mach 1

• Stallion
on its way
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 04:01:58 pm »
As this car gets closer to arriving,I'm hearing some horror stories about Regency approval of lhd cars.

My car is totally original inside and out-colour,wheels,decals,trim etc all factory correct but it has some sensible (I believe)mechanical upgrades such as rear discs,5 speed Tremec gbox,subframe connectors and urethane suspension bushes throughout.

I've been assured by another Mustang owner who has been through the process that my car will not pass registration in its present configuration.He told me his car was picked for incorrect window winders!-amongst other things.

Does this ring true to other members?Are the inspectors at Regency really that pedantic? Should I be worried or are these stories just a little bit embellished?

Offline 2+266

• Worked
on its way
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 04:57:03 pm »
hey 70 mach 1,read the Lhd requirements carefully as i did ,pm me for info on my inspection for the 66 and i'll tell you what they looked for,.:(

Offline 70 mach 1

• Stallion
on its way
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 05:45:18 pm »
hey 70 mach 1,read the Lhd requirements carefully as i did ,pm me for info on my inspection for the 66 and i'll tell you what they looked for,.:(

Yea I read them a few weeks ago and will have to read them again........and thanks. I will pm you once I've done that.Much appreciated. Cheers:(

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
on its way
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 09:24:06 am »
Hi 70 Mach1.

In Victoria at least you  need an engineers certificate for the mods. I did for my coil over front end and front discs.

Otherwise it was very easy. I got mine done in Ballarat so I think they are bit more laid back outside of the city.

All he checked was the eng cert , import approval and the VIN/engine numbers . Did not look at anything mechanical or the interior at all. And my car looks rough !

Get a PO Box in Ballarat and drive over and get it rego'ed in Vic!

Good luck !
Frank.

Offline 70 mach 1

• Stallion
on its way
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 07:29:33 pm »
Hi 70 Mach1.

In Victoria at least you  need an engineers certificate for the mods. I did for my coil over front end and front discs.

Otherwise it was very easy. I got mine done in Ballarat so I think they are bit more laid back outside of the city.

All he checked was the eng cert , import approval and the VIN/engine numbers . Did not look at anything mechanical or the interior at all. And my car looks rough !

Get a PO Box in Ballarat and drive over and get it rego'ed in Vic!

Good luck !
Frank.

Well I actually wouldn't have any objections at all to LIVING in the Goldfields particularly Bendigo which is a beautiful spot with Heathcote just down the road.:a
Hmm yea a last resort the Victorian PO box but stranger things have happened.
Victorian rules must be more ,shall we say ........reasonable?My son bought a Nissan R32 GTR from Melbourne a couple of years back with current Vic rego at the time and had some heartache getting it registered in SA.........a little over zealous at Regency perhaps?
Does anyone from Regency read this forum?;x

Offline 70 mach 1

• Stallion
on its way
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 12:06:38 pm »
Well I thought I'd better check in ..still waiting on the mach 1.
I could tell an import horror story.....its been sitting at the dealership for 8 weeks and finally got trucked to Seattle in the week just gone.ETA adelaide was supposed to be  2 weeks ago.
Will never attempt to import a car again.................
:[

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
on its way
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 08:15:47 pm »
Sorry to hear it, 70.

My car is in the process of being painted by myself in the garage.

Color will be Jet Black. Giving the interior a freshen up also.

Not going to be a concours quality job by any stretch of the imagination- just a clean, tidy finish hopefully still with the mean attitude it had in faded dark blue acrylic !

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline 2+266

• Worked
on its way
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 09:58:49 pm »
dont get dis heartened,I'm sure you'll have it soon:( keep us posted

Offline 70 mach 1

• Stallion
on its way
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 09:02:50 pm »
dont get dis heartened,I'm sure you'll have it soon:( keep us posted

Well it finally arrived-only took 6 months :_ .turned up on thursday.better in some ways than I expected and not as good in other ways but overall -pretty happy..........now for regency

Offline 70 mach 1

• Stallion
on its way
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 09:07:11 pm »
Sorry to hear it, 70.

Not going to be a concours quality job by any stretch of the imagination- just a clean, tidy finish hopefully still with the mean attitude it had in faded dark blue acrylic !

Cheers,
Frank.

how's it going?gotta be STRAIGHT panels in black :(

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
on its way
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 06:26:20 am »
70mach1

they are very pedantic.....if the main mechanicals and frame etc is good and they only pick on you for small things...so be it....they basically state, AS IT ROLLED OFF THE SHOWROOM FLOOR.

they probably wont pic the rear discs or the 5 speed but....seeing as you have allready posted pics and its problems on the forum before it hits regency...they allready know about them.....one of thems a member on this forum.

Hopefully theyre having a good day down there when ya run it through

PS...Car looks great mate...I like my 60's mustangs but the 69's on....theyre a tuff looking mustang

good luck
Matt

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
on its way
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 06:57:38 am »
Sorry to hear it, 70.

Cheers,
Frank.

Its going very slowly. And yes, you see every little imperfection that you never saw before with black. But it is no show car, so I dont really mind. Did the interior also while I was there - new carpet, seat covers, headliner etc.

BTW your car looks sensnational !
Good luckwith rego.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline 70 mach 1

• Stallion
on its way
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 01:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by Shermatt
70mach1

they are very pedantic.....if the main mechanicals and frame etc is good and they only pick on you for small things...so be it....they basically state, AS IT ROLLED OFF THE SHOWROOM FLOOR.

they probably wont pic the rear discs or the 5 speed but....seeing as you have allready posted pics and its problems on the forum before it hits regency...they allready know about them.....one of thems a member on this forum.

Hopefully theyre having a good day down there when ya run it through

PS...Car looks great mate...I like my 60's mustangs but the 69's on....theyre a tuff looking mustang

good luck
Matt

So we have a Mustang owner from Regency on the forum?Who is it?

Yea thanks for the nice comments Matt.:( they are a pretty thing.

Offline 70 mach 1

• Stallion
on its way
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008, 01:54:30 pm »
Sorry to hear it, 70.

Cheers,
Frank.

Its going very slowly. And yes, you see every little imperfection that you never saw before with black. But it is no show car, so I dont really mind. Did the interior also while I was there - new carpet, seat covers, headliner etc.

BTW your car looks sensnational !
Good luckwith rego.

Cheers,
Frank.

thanks Frank-yea black is the bomb.I was very close to buying a factory black 70 Mach 1 from Oregon-beautiful looking thing-but a bit more cash-so I got the red one instead.

glad to hear you're making good progress..got some pics?