Technical & General Discussion Area > Tech Torque Pre 1973

RHD Conversion ?

<< < (2/2)

fredm666:

--- Quote from: ag71 on February 03, 2024, 04:48:35 pm ---thanks $5k TO $8k was my initial guess and I understand quality work costs money, would it be madness to drop $70k on a nice fastback then another $10 to $12k on a conversion, will it kill the value in the long run ?

I know the argument of keeping it original and the like but I prefer RHD vehicles.

--- End quote ---

If you are going to spend $70k for a fastback, you should consider a proper quality conversion, and it will be $15k to $20k (unless you are knowledgeable and do most of the works yourself).
If you do a half job on the conversion you would expect a hit in the future value.

Honestly I recommend driving it as LHD for a period and then decide what to do. Chances are that you will like it, plus you won’t risk a drop in value.

ag71:
wow 15k to 20k wasn't I expecting such high numbers, think I may not worry about it myself and maybe try and pickup one already done,

jiffy:
$15K-$20K minimum. There is a LOAD of work that needs to be done and you would need to pay someone to do it unless you want to try your own hand - and if you haven't done a lot of them, don't bother.

Driving a LHD car is no issue, but if it's a deal breaker, then get one that's already been done well.

pmb0186:
I own both a RHD and LHD, would choose RHD every time but wouldn’t spend $20-$30k to get there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version