Technical & General Discussion Area > Tech Torque Pre 1973

RHD Conversion ?

(1/2) > >>

ag71:
Hi guys just a query what would you be looking at cost wise for a quality RHD conversion on say a '66 model would around the $5,000 to $8,000 be realistic, if anyone has had one done recently what sort of price was it ?

Any recommendations in Sydney for this sort of work, Als my guess any others ?

Cheers AG.

fredm666:
Hey AG,
I think $5,000 to $8,000 for a quality RHD is very optimistic. I would expect two to three times that, and Big Al is the right person in Sydney for that kind of job.

Reborn67:
There is a lot of conversions about that have not been done fully, eg, swapping the wipers over, this is a tricky bit because it involves cutting out the cowel panel and subsequent panel and paint works, if you have A/C it will likely cost you even more, a lot of money to part with that may see resale more desired but not reflected in value,

Aussie-67:
But it's a lot easier to drive when jumping from one car to another.  Certainly love mine, don't love the cost of doing it thou.

ag71:
thanks $5k TO $8k was my initial guess and I understand quality work costs money, would it be madness to drop $70k on a nice fastback then another $10 to $12k on a conversion, will it kill the value in the long run ?

I know the argument of keeping it original and the like but I prefer RHD vehicles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version