Parchment interior paint

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Parchment interior paint  (Read 698 times)

Offline ag71

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
  • Name: ag
  • Car: 1966 hardtop
Parchment interior paint
« on: February 02, 2024, 10:12:11 am »
Hi all can anyone please recommend where I can buy some Parchment interior spray paint to do
some touchups on my dash and interior doors for my '66 model.

Thanks,

Offline Gallop

• Thoroughbred
Re: Parchment interior paint
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 01:52:59 pm »
Went through the same exercise about two weeks ago.

If you want a rattle can, finding the correct colour in Australia is very difficult. While several paint suppliers (e.g. BCS Auto Paints) can supply a rattle can, they require a paint code. They will not colour match for a rattle can because the amount of paint required for a rattle can is so small that colour matching is not worthwhile – too much paint gets wasted I believe. This was explained to me about two weeks ago when I was trying to get a rattle can coloured matched to my ash try for exactly what you want – repairing the dash.

Depending on how badly the paint is scratched on your dash, you could try model paints from a hobby shop.

Alternatively, try to find a code for Parchment that makes sense in today’s paint world. This might be a code from a modern car that is very close to 1966 Parchment. It could also be a non-vehicle paint code or formula – go to Bunnings, look at the house paint colours on the cardboard swatches.

Try an off-the-shelf rattle can from Bunnings or a hardware shop – Gloss Ivory or Heirloom White might be close enough to parchment.

Offline GEOFF289

• Blue Printed
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 02:41:02 pm »
years ago I needed some touch up paint for my interior and couldn't find anything ready made. I ended up at this place

https://www.facebook.com/Completeautopaints/

(I see that someone at least on this FB page isn't a fan of them, but read on)

I took my ash tray in. The old guy there looked at it for a bit, then started mixing up different tints. Took it out in the sun and compared it to my ash tray, mumbled something like "too much brown" and went and tinkered some more. Eventually both he and I were happy and he made me a spray can of it, which I still have. I certainly can't tell the difference and he did it all by eye, no whizbank software involved. It was a bit pricey - $40-50 I think - but for a one off that I couldn't get anywhere else I wasn't complaining.

Now being down here in Melbourne won't be much use to you but it demonstrates that there are places around that can meet your needs, you just have to find them.

Offline ag71

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
  • Name: ag
  • Car: 1966 hardtop
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 03:27:07 pm »
thanks guys for the suggestions I might try Hobbyco or someone like that maybe a model paint may have something similar,