FPV exhaust system

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: FPV exhaust system  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Matt S Rom

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Matthew
FPV exhaust system
« on: June 22, 2023, 07:55:43 am »
Hello everyone,
Does anyone have an FPV exhaust fitted to their 2015-2018 Mustang GT? If so, is it droney on the HWY?
I’m looking at an interstate vehicle to buy, don’t mind the idea of a performance exhaust, but am conscious of it being intrusive all the time.
I recently drove one with a Rousche exhaust but found it a little intrusive over standard exhausts when light throttle applied going uphill.
Thank you.

Offline Clubman7

• Worked
  • Cruising.
  • Name: Brett
  • Car: 1966 coupe, 2016 GT.
Re: FPV exhaust system
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 08:25:39 am »
Have this exhaust fitted on my 2016 GT.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-5200-M8GB

Think it’s a perfect blend of noise under harder acceleration and quiet when cruising.
Sounds not ash loud as some but enough cabin noise to not become offensive.
Borla touring is similar I believe.

Offline scollist

• Worked
  • 65FB, 2017 GT
  • Name: Shane
Re: FPV exhaust system
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2023, 03:22:38 pm »
Clubman7 - I believe that the Ford Performance exhausts were made by Borla but had a the ford logo applied (and twice the price).  Borla Touring is the quietest, but still much better than stock.  I have the S-Type which is great sound, but a very minor drone on freeway.  The loudest Borla was the ATAK - which were very very loud.

Matt S Rom - When they say FPV they probably mean Ford Performance (FP) which were the Borla exhausts. If it is the same as Clubman7's exhaust which has the Resonator (not X-Pipe) then it will be very nice as this is equivalent of the Borla Touring.  If it has an X-Pipe in place of the resonator then it is most likely the equivalent of the S-Type - louder but liveable. But it could also be the ATAK if it has an X-Pipe (not likely and I don't recall FP selling them).

Shane