LH window jammed at bottom

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: LH window jammed at bottom  (Read 1308 times)

Offline torrus

• Pony
LH window jammed at bottom
« on: March 08, 2023, 01:39:50 pm »
The LH window has jammed at the bottom as one of the roller pins has come out of the channel at the base of the window.  Can not physically pull the window up and the window winder appears jammed, it will not move.  My thoughts is to remove other roller pin from channel and it should be able to lift up, is this right? This will be a fiddly job .  So before I start is there a better way to get the window up so I can work on it through the access holes in the door.

Offline AussiePhil

• Worked
  • Name: Phil
  • Car: 68 Coupe
Re: LH window jammed at bottom
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 07:28:19 am »
Hey torrus,

You should be able to do everything you need to do just using the access holes on the door.
You will have to put the winder handle back on temporarily to adjust the fork arm and rollers in position.
If you find anything worn at this time replace it now while you have the chance.
Cheers Phil.
If you've never buggered anything you've never done anything!
But if you've buggered a lot maybe you're not very good at it!

Two for one is good but four for two is better!

Offline torrus

• Pony
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 01:04:19 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  The problem is the window is jammed right down the bottom below the access holes.  I have put the handle back on but it will not turn.  Because one of the pin/rollers has come off I think the window has dropped on one side and wedged itself in the tracks and now the window and window winder is jammed.  I have tried using some force but reluctant to use too much in case I damage something.  My thoughts are to remove the other pin/roller (the one that is still in place) from base of window and hopefully I can then pull the window up manually.  Then I can access it through the holes in the inner door skin.  Do you think this will work or is there a better way?.

Offline AussiePhil

• Worked
  • Name: Phil
  • Car: 68 Coupe
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 01:34:03 pm »
Hey torrus,
Try removing the bolt just above the door latch, that holds the glass guide in place.
That may loosen the window glass enough.
Or YouTube this, you may be able unscrew the glass frame from the track frame at the bottom.
I just can’t remember exactly the setup.
Cheers Phil
If you've never buggered anything you've never done anything!
But if you've buggered a lot maybe you're not very good at it!

Two for one is good but four for two is better!