Technical & General Discussion Area > Importing Cars & Parts - General Freight

Has anyone used DAZMAC and Oceans LA recently?

<< < (2/4) > >>

BAC:
Probably a bit late for your needs, but I used DAZMAC a few months ago and they were fine.

In my case they partnered with TGAL for the US side of things and while slow to repsond to emails, etc. they were OK as well.

JackRussel:

--- Quote from: gbader on October 05, 2021, 10:36:49 am ---I used these guys - https://www.facebook.com/americawest66bp - my car shared a container with a nice Pantera (know a few that have used them - they are WA based but pretty sure they do AU wide)

Check on items in the car (what's allowed), I had a couple of small boxes jammed in behind the seats but couldn't fill the boot (but they can also bring in separate parts/boxes with the car in the container)

cheers

--- End quote ---

Thanks  :evilone:

jksmiths:
Hey,

I'm currently looking to buy and import from the US.

How did you go about this? I have also looked into DAZMAC and currently I am searching for the right vehicle to purchase.

Anything I need to look out for prior to purchase? I know I'll need the original title and also vin on the vehicle is a must have.

Is it possible to commit to purchase off a private seller and get an importer (either DAZMAC or someone else) to organise payment on my behalf on pick-up of the vehicle.

Is it advised to get the vehicle inspected somehow? If so how can this be done.

Sorry for all of the questions this is my first time!

BAC:

--- Quote from: jksmiths on May 03, 2022, 08:48:22 pm ---How did you go about this? I have also looked into DAZMAC and currently I am searching for the right vehicle to purchase.
--- End quote ---
Options range from one stop shop importers that will handle everything for you to just choosing a customs agent/broker and a shipping company and managing the rest yourself.

--- Quote from: jksmiths on May 03, 2022, 08:48:22 pm ---Anything I need to look out for prior to purchase? I know I'll need the original title and also vin on the vehicle is a must have.
--- End quote ---
Apart from making sure the car is as represented by the seller, you need to make sure the title is clean (no emcumberances or liens) with a VIN that matches the car and in the seller's name. 
The seller must also be willing to sign a suitable sale document so you can prove ownership when you buy it. 
It's also a good idea to get Australian import approval for the vehicle before handing over anything more than a small deposit.

--- Quote from: jksmiths on May 03, 2022, 08:48:22 pm ---Is it possible to commit to purchase off a private seller and get an importer (either DAZMAC or someone else) to organise payment on my behalf on pick-up of the vehicle.
--- End quote ---
A lot of importers don't offer payment services but some do.  There are also escrow services you can use.
Unfortunately most US inland transport companies don't offer payment services so it may be difficult to synchronise payment with the arrival of the truck to pick up the vehicle.

--- Quote from: jksmiths on May 03, 2022, 08:48:22 pm ---Is it advised to get the vehicle inspected somehow? If so how can this be done.
--- End quote ---
Most definitely yes to make sure it's not a piece of rusty junk and also to confirm the bona fides of the seller. 
There are many inspection companies in the US that will do this for you.

Dwayne:
And ALWAYS confirm the payment details with a different method than main previous communication. I know of a guy that personally inspected a vehicle and then communicated via emails upon returning home. When it came time for payment, the hacker simply changed bank details to his own before releasing the email.

A simple confirmation phone call would have saved USD30k being lost to the hacker.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version