Technical & General Discussion Area > Tech Torque Pre 1973

RHD Conversion

<< < (3/4) > >>

70-4V:
Thanks Dwayne you have confirmed my knowledge of the subject. That's good to hear scedd1, I have been around long enough to know that something properly welded is as good as the parent metal. But it's still nice to have it confirmed like that.

438 mach:
My 69 RHD mach1 I xf steering box draglink is not welded
My 69 Convert RHD conversion xf box done along time ago by Mike O'Sullivan not welded memory says it was a XY XW draglink
PS
Drives and steers straight no instability or bump steer

staddy:

My 69 mach 1  428 car has xf box and used to have non welded draglink , i can say it was fine , was like it for 30yrs or more , when i gave the car a tidy  up i replaced the drag link with a xray numbered welded drag link , and it drives the same but then again i don`t do crazy track days , highways were fine .

Edz:
I'm going with a Rodtech front end, far superior to both RRS and the CRS system. Comes with power steering and big brakes. Around $6 - 6500 but currently on back-order as they have lost a lot of staff due to covid (and free government money!).

http://rodtech.com.au/IFS%20FRONT%20END?product_id=666

pmb0186:
Think ahead, manual steer is cheaper and easier but you will soon get sick of that and going power steering after conversion is the certainly hard way of doing things

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version