Love the 5 slow

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Love the 5 slow  (Read 2243 times)

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
Love the 5 slow
« on: May 04, 2008, 12:00:30 pm »
I need to replace the rear qtr glass regulator bushes.

Is it straight forward? Or are there some tricks I need to look out for?

How do I take the glass off?

Offline blackbox

• Worked
Love the 5 slow
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 01:08:20 pm »
Its not too hard. Just pull your inner trims off to access it. From memory, I just held the glass up by putting some paper in between the glass and the door to free your hands up, then put the new bushes into the track, then insert the regulator pins through the bushes, then put the circlips on. Done!
James.

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
Love the 5 slow
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 07:35:52 pm »
Any takers on how I get the glass out?

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
Love the 5 slow
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 08:02:08 pm »
I will have a look at the book....but I figer its how james said!
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Real muscle cars have 3 pedals. Where theres smoke theres Tyres

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
Love the 5 slow
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 08:06:18 pm »
James only explained how to change the bushes.:(

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
Love the 5 slow
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 03:51:46 pm »
To take out the glass, you've gotta just unbolt it, remove the front rubber cover thing and just "massage it thru the hole, unless you are replacing the weatherstrip as well. Removing this helps. When replacing your guide bushes, unbolt the lower track completely as this makes removal and re-installation easier, as you only have to slide it back onto the guides and use the winder to guide it into position to re-align the bolt holes. Do these 1 at a time and do them up finger tite until both are in then tighten as normal. Clear as mud. I did this job on my 68, including weather seals and it only took an hour or so, and I'm fat and don't fit in the back real well! I hope this is of help. Phone (02)49327180 if u need a verbal explanation!
Cheers, mate!and good luck with it. Ron B

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
Love the 5 slow
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 05:17:36 pm »
Do you trust him? He's only got an auto licence! Hey where were you sundey?
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
Love the 5 slow
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 07:59:50 pm »
Originally posted by HEVEN67

At home waiting for the mail man to turn up :w

Really..........sticking on the new boot rubber and pulling out the rear seats and trims (ready for the insulation that I
hope will turn up Friday):(

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
Love the 5 slow
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 08:34:15 pm »
Originally posted by R_Beckhaus
To take out the glass, you've gotta just unbolt it, remove the front rubber cover thing and just "massage it thru the hole, unless you are replacing the weatherstrip as well. Removing this helps. When replacing your guide bushes, unbolt the lower track completely as this makes removal and re-installation easier, as you only have to slide it back onto the guides and use the winder to guide it into position to re-align the bolt holes. Do these 1 at a time and do them up finger tite until both are in then tighten as normal. Clear as mud. I did this job on my 68, including weather seals and it only took an hour or so, and I'm fat and don't fit in the back real well! I hope this is of help. Phone (02)49327180 if u need a verbal explanation!
Cheers, mate!and good luck with it. Ron B

Ron will you be home on the weekend?

Offline HEVEN67

• Top Streeter
Love the 5 slow
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 09:07:13 pm »
Originally posted by 2233
Originally posted by HEVEN67

At home waiting for the mail man to turn up :w

Really..........sticking on the new boot rubber and pulling out the rear seats and trims (ready for the insulation that I
hope will turn up Friday):(

No not you! I would have had a heart attack if youda turned up! BUT Some strange things happened sunday! One of which was Mr Showbags as he is affectionately known, didnt bring BEER...Shame on you John!:*No Ron! where were you? You usually turn up to these events,:*Normally.... And also the Anal reply by a member when part of a conversation included me mentioning a GTR XU1 ! Pretty Piss pour! even so I had a good time but some true colours show!

Offline 2233

• Blue Printed
Love the 5 slow
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 09:09:39 pm »
Paull................Should I come out to Penriff on friday to pick up the insulation?

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
Love the 5 slow
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 09:49:06 am »
I had to work last  Sunday! In fact I have to work alternate weekends, now and sometimes 3 out of four! I really wanted to come to the Entrance as I'm getting withdrawal symptoms! What's wrong with GTR XU1's Paul?? I was under the understanding that they are considered an Aussie Icon, even Ford fans give them a sort of respect. Oh and I do have a MANUAL LICENCE! My Ford Festiva Trio Hatch has a 5 speed! (or should that be a 5 slow?):w
Cheers, Ron B

Offline jmd1

• Blue Printed
Love the 5 slow
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 05:15:08 pm »
Originally posted by R_Beckhaus
I had to work last  Sunday! In fact I have to work alternate weekends, now and sometimes 3 out of four! I really wanted to come to the Entrance as I'm getting withdrawal symptoms! What's wrong with GTR XU1's Paul?? I was under the understanding that they are considered an Aussie Icon, even Ford fans give them a sort of respect. Oh and I do have a MANUAL LICENCE! My Ford Festiva Trio Hatch has a 5 speed! (or should that be a 5 slow?):w
Cheers, Ron B

R_Beckhaus

R_Beckhaus
Love the 5 slow
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 08:45:59 pm »
2233, I'll be home all weekend, No Plans.