sold sold - $1250 Ford AOD USA Silverfox SPT-MAC 500 hp+ Valve Body - $900

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: sold sold - $1250 Ford AOD USA Silverfox SPT-MAC 500 hp+ Valve Body - $900  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Edz

• Worked
    • Checkout my car builds
  • Car: 66 Convertible V8 AODE
$1250 Ford AOD performance USA Silverfox SPT-MAC (constant pressure) Valve Body - handles 500 HP.

I had this fitted to my transmission for 500 kms before it was removed when I had the transmission rebuilt.

This valve body will make the gear changes in your AOD 4 speed a bit firmer but will also protect your transmission from burnout. It also provides a simple solenoid that allows you to add a switch to turn overdrive off for around town use.

Modified shift pattern to make it simpler to drive and even though the TV cable is still connected, it's adjustment is not critical like for a standard valve-body. It's only needed to tell the transmission what gear it is in.

This valve body is an easy bolt-in swap, can even be done with transmission in the car.

Silverfox SPT-MAC (constant pressure) Valve Body (http://www.silverfoxtrans.com/valveBodies.html#vbsptmac)

The MAC valve body is a CONSTANT PRESSURE version of the SPT-R with the overdrive lock-out feature for 500 hp use. The shift pattern is altered so that the user can command each gear separately and uses a solenoid for overdrive engagement.

No more “1-D-1 Shuffle”!!! It can be shifted manually or left in D to shift on its own. Unit includes the wire harness. A switch kit is not included.

• Features Overdrive Lockout on Demand – a simple pushbutton switch can send 12v to turn it off and on
• Modified shift pattern: P-R-N-(4)3-2-1
• Stock shifter can be used
• Automatic and Manual shifting
• Stage calibration available
• TV cable still required (adjustment is not critical to transmission reliability)
• 500hp

The MAC is an effective street / strip valve body designed strictly for performance applications.

Standard Modifications Include:
• Calibrated line pressure
• Cooler charge pressure and full-time lubrication
• Customized shift firmness (See Stages below)
• Customized Shift points
• Modified spring/valve assemblies
• Custom separator plate modifications
• Wide Open Throttle Screw (SPT exclusive mod)
• Higher RPM 2-3 shift (SPT exclusive mod)

Comes with spare brand-new overdrive lockout.

Free pickup from Chisholm in Canberra. Post $30 to anywhere in Australia other than Tas and WA (will get a quote).
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 08:34:11 pm by Edz »
Checkout my car builds - edzv8s.com
66 Convertible Bench Seat AODE 3.5 9"