Generation 6 - S550 Discussion Area > Wheels & Tyres

More Grip Please

(1/2) > >>

Hammer:
Hi Guys,

Just changed over the stock Pirelli on my S550 GT to Michelin Sport SP4 - much happier.

But, it's still hard to get all that power onto the road without the tyre spinning.

I guess the best way to get the power down is to start looking a the suspension now.

I don't want to go racing but I do want to have grip when I take off at the lights and when I go into a corner.

Having spent most of the past 20 years in Japanese sports cars (Turbo charged MX5, Mazda6 MPS and RX8) I really want my Mustang to grip the road.

I'd really appreciate some suggestion that won't break the bank.

Cheers

GLENN 70:
It depends on what you want ? . Off the line grip or going around the corners grip ? . Off the line M/T et ss street radials 285/40x19 for around $500 per tyre . Going around corners I have no idea except what you have on now .  Suspension you can fit a few things to stop axle hop but for traction not much around for a street car . The Mickey Thompson ss radials will give you the grip .

keith:
I found Steeda stop the hop kit made a big difference. I fitted the centering kit, bush support kit, diff bushes, vertical link and toe link with bush, LCA bearing is a must. and sub frame brace. strut tower brace. I've got Pedders extreme XA coil over kit too.  Its like a different car, so much more traction and corners amazing. I've got a few more bits for the front. Very pleased with it all though.   

Blacksally1:
  Just fit some 20″×9″ & 20″×11″  rims with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres. Bags and bags of grip.  265/ 35s on the front and the  295/30s on the rear make all the  difference.

GLENN 70:
My supercharged S550 had huge traction problems .but a retune brought the power in later and  softer  and that made a huge difference .  Running 285 x40 x19 Mickey Thompson et streets made no difference  to traction where the tune did .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version