who should i use to import a 66 Gt fastback

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: who should i use to import a 66 Gt fastback  (Read 6623 times)

Offline bjs

• Pony
« on: April 07, 2008, 09:30:20 pm »
hi guys
i have almost bought a 66 gt on ebay. who should i use to
import the stang to sydney?
i need some one helpfull & wont !@#$  me aorund.

Bjs

Offline Forder

• Worked
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 08:13:23 am »
I use John CAIN and could not fault his service

Offline bjs

• Pony
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 10:01:49 am »
thanks heaps
have you got his number??

Offline Forder

• Worked
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 09:39:12 pm »
Hi,
John CAIN 0407283454

Offline Yellow66

• Worked
  • Car: 1966 coupe & 1969 Mach 1
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 06:41:58 pm »
Hi bjs

Is it too early to congratulate you yet?.

I also used John Cain to import my 66 GT Fastback in January and could not fault his service.  Cost $3250 all inclusive and the shipping only took 18 days from L.A. to Newcastle.  I think if you request it, he can offload the car in Sydney.

He can also be contacted on 02 4946 6171.

Cheers

Offline BossKraft

• Worked
    • Bosskraft
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 08:43:02 pm »
All I can say about cheap shipping quotes, is ask whether your car will be stacked with others, where it will be stacked, whether crap will be placed in, or on your car etc. Thats why shipping prices can be cheap. Damages are likely when dealt with like that. Depending how nice your car is, you may be better served shipping it in a 20ft box by itself. Its more pricey, but the car arrives EXACTLY as you bought it.

No offence intended against John Cain as I do not know how he ships his items, but ask the Q anyway, for your own peace of mind.
Sean McDonagh
MCA Gold Card Judge
Judge at SAAC events
Retired MOCA Head Judge (one of them)

Offline victorypark

• Worked
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 09:01:04 pm »
Not sure what the general consensus is regarding freighters but having read many of the stories from some of our posters it appears that there have been more negative stories then positive ones however others may beg to differ.

The main issue I have seen has been concerning the time it takes for their ride to arrive in Australia.  Usually well outside the suggested time by the freighting company.  If you can get a freighter to deliver direct to Aus without stopovers I reckon you are well on your way.

Offline BossKraft

• Worked
    • Bosskraft
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 09:12:49 pm »
I think you will find that the difference in time would be the way people go about it. When I ship, I wait for the import approval to be issued by DOTARS 'before' shipping the car. This can be a hold up, but thats the way it is supposed to be done.

Most that I have heard of, ship the car while the paperwork application is in process. If the car lands before that is issued, its a $12k fine. I'd rather wait a little longer for the ride to arrive than have that happen..!

Considering the logistics involved in moving something through so many Government processes in both Countries and relying on so many different companies to coordinate together, I think people are too fixed on time periods etc. Be more flexible is my advice. Most of us have waited years for our pick of the Mustang world. Whats a couple of extra weeks between friends!
Sean McDonagh
MCA Gold Card Judge
Judge at SAAC events
Retired MOCA Head Judge (one of them)

Offline bjs

• Pony
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 07:35:29 pm »
thanks guys so much !!!!