M.O.C.A VIC. CLAYTONS CONCOURS

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: M.O.C.A VIC. CLAYTONS CONCOURS  (Read 12793 times)

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
  • A bit of concours nutter, but I'm still learning!!
« on: April 07, 2008, 08:59:52 pm »
Sunday 4th May 2008 - Kingston Heath Reserve – Centre Dandenong Rd Cheltham East, Melway Ref 87 F 2. Meet from 10.30 am. The perfect day out for the whole family, cars for the blokes and the Direct Factory Shopping Outlets directly opposite for the Ladies and playground for the kids. Soft drinks and sausage sizzle provided to financial members only. Please advise if you are attending as we did not want anyone to miss out. NO CURRENT MEMBERSHIP CARD – NO FREE FEED. Phone Adam & Narelle 9775 6074.

:a :+ :w ;x ;_ ;{ := :( :p
Have now converted the other half into doing some of the Concours washin, cleaning & polishing stuff!!!!!!!!

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 08:50:52 am »
Just bringing back to the top of the pile
Have now converted the other half into doing some of the Concours washin, cleaning & polishing stuff!!!!!!!!

Offline victorypark

• Worked
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 12:13:31 pm »
Thanks Adam, would love to come along and put a few faces to their usernames.......finally! :(

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 05:00:45 pm »
Probably will get there too!  Hope the weather is better than today!
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 03:52:42 pm »
Is this another one where your user name is hidden on the car somewhere?

Offline victorypark

• Worked
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 04:31:40 pm »
Now that would be interesting Mac although I don't think too many members are going to be hunting around a Nissan Navara lookin' for a username......:f

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 2017 GT
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 06:06:53 pm »
Sorry guys, I can't make it after all as I will be squiring the missus on a long ago promised week off, interstate!
Hope its a great day for all.
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 07:48:19 am »
Thanks for the heads up Jnr Beresford and & I'll see there on Sunday as the weather looking good at this stage.

Herman

Offline evan

• Blue Printed
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 07:24:49 pm »
G'day guys. I was hoping to post quite a few photos of today's event but due to a major stuff-up on my behalf, there aren't too many good ones. I had forgotten my camera on a high ISO setting (1600) so shots are pretty grainy:_:_:_. I've salvaged a few through editing & will attempt to save some more. Sorry to all members that expected some nice pics of their cars. First & last time I make that mistake!!

Click here for photos

Offline victorypark

• Worked
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 08:43:42 pm »
Hey Ev I was there today, not sure if I got to meet you or not but I can post some pics of today's event.  Really enjoyed the outing and finally got to meet Adam aka Herman and see a fantastic turn out.

A great day had.  Thanks for putting on a wonderful day. :(

**will post pics tomorrow night**

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 11:02:21 pm »
Everyone must have left pretty early, I got there just after lunch and the place was deserted...  ;w

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 10:49:36 am »
I turned up at about 10:25 and there was only about 8 - 10 cars then. But by the time I left which was about 11:40 there was a pretty good turnout. I had to leave to go to a BBQ.

Certainly the 64 1/2 to 66 was the most popular. Some nice cars and worth the drive since I live pretty close.

However I was a bit disappointed that no-one from the club came to say hello and/or talk to me about joining the club, my car etc.

Think I'll just stick the forum.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 10:53:00 am »
Originally posted by ev
G'day guys. I was hoping to post quite a few photos of today's event but due to a major stuff-up on my behalf, there aren't too many good ones. I had forgotten my camera on a high ISO setting (1600) so shots are pretty grainy:_:_:_. I've salvaged a few through editing & will attempt to save some more. Sorry to all members that expected some nice pics of their cars. First & last time I make that mistake!!

Click here for photos

I just checked out your photos - they are really cool. My car looks great ! (matt Black Stang) . No need to paint it now !

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline victorypark

• Worked
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 12:52:29 pm »
Originally posted by Frank70
I turned up at about 10:25 and there was only about 8 - 10 cars then. But by the time I left which was about 11:40 there was a pretty good turnout. I had to leave to go to a BBQ.

Certainly the 64 1/2 to 66 was the most popular. Some nice cars and worth the drive since I live pretty close.

However I was a bit disappointed that no-one from the club came to say hello and/or talk to me about joining the club, my car etc.

Think I'll just stick the forum.

Cheers,
Frank.

Frank,

I am not an owner as yet but have been to a few of the shows and displays.  Basically I am just biding my time until the opportunity is right to land one.  I made a point yesterday to seek out a few of the members to have a chat to them about, not just the cars themselves, but other Mustang matters i.e. the club.

I had a lengthy chat with Adam, Bruce and Mike who were all extremely helpful with their insight into the club and whilst I don't officially own a Mustang as yet I was still made to feel equally a part of it all as someone who may have been a 10 year member.  I will have no hesitation joining up and feel this will be a great opportunity to get to know fellow club members in a social environment in the mean time until I finally land my ride of which I will feel more a part of the festivities.

Just my 2 cents.

Many thanks.

Ashley aka victorypark. :(

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 01:32:09 pm »
Hi Ashley.

Yes I see your point of view. I was trying to decide whether to join the club or not and decided to base my decision on how welcome I  thought I would be. I have been in several clubs over the years and this test has worked pretty much 100%. The only club I am still in or stayed in for any length of time is the BMW Car Club or Vic. Surprisingly they are friendly and not snobish as you might think. I am not saying that MOCA is snobish. I was merely giving an observation rather than a criticism.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline Red71

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 06:53:20 pm »
Hi Guys.

Here are a few more photos from Sunday's Claytons Concours. Some were taken by my 3 year old so please excuse the shots that are from about 2ft high.

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd292/sidretro/Claytons%20Concours/

Offline evan

• Blue Printed
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 08:00:37 pm »
Originally posted by ev

Click here for photos

I just checked out your photos - they are really cool. My car looks great ! (matt Black Stang) . No need to paint it now !

Cheers,
Frank.

Ha ha, you owe me big time Frank. Paint jobs aren't cheap!!
Glad you liked it mate.

Evan.

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 11:14:00 pm »
Haha.

I'm still trying to convince my 9 year old son (who was there with me on the day) that's it's my car !

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline evan

• Blue Printed
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 07:41:51 am »
Haha.

I'm still trying to convince my 9 year old son (who was there with me on the day) that's it's my car !

Cheers,
Frank.

Frank, I've sorted that little problem out for you as well. Check out the new title on the photo:
Frank's Matt Black Stang

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2008, 10:48:19 am »
Thanks ev !

Funny, there were 2 people walking up to it and one asked 'is that like the car from Mad Max ? ' !

hehe.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 04:43:08 pm »
Frank..  Spewin' I missed ya bud..  maybe the next meet eh?  Don't write us off yet.

Mac

Ps, must have been the '70 road warrior  :w

Offline Herman

• Blue Printed
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2008, 09:20:52 pm »
Frank

I arrived around 10 and was playing with my son until about 1/4 past when the club trailer turned up I was around there the most of the day cooking snags and talking with anyone who wanted to have a chat about the club as well as club members and mustangs of course.  Sorry we can't get together to discuss the club however I hope you enjoyed the day and maybe we could catch up at our gathering.

Herman

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2008, 07:19:32 am »
Hi Mac and Herman.

Look, I am sure i will turn up to other events. It just bought back bad memories of other clubs I have been in where I have turned up to meetings and events and basically sat there by myself. They were pretty bad. I dont think MOCA is that bad at all. Just that not everyone is particularly outgoing and certainly the BM club at my first meeting people were coming up to me and saying hello, asking about my car etc.

Cheers,
Frank.