Technical & General Discussion Area > Tech Torque 1979 to 2014

Headlight Conversion LHD

<< < (2/6) > >>

gstsaver:
Thanks everyone.  Good tips on checking NZ and Japan.  The VIC Vast guys won't accept just adjustments no matter how good they want new lights.
I will look at Japan for these headlights - haven't thought of that.  The USA ebay ones can't be adjusted - I contacted the resellers and the manufactures of a couple.
Even the headlight repair guys in Melbourne say they can't fix them so they will be RHD.

@Ausfox- did your 91 have torso belts already in that year or did you have to install them ?

Ausfox:
[quote @Ausfox- did your 91 have torso belts already in that year or did you have to install them ?
[/quote]

Torso belts?.

All post 72 cars had to have new ADR Compliant Inertia Reel  Lap /Sash belts fitted on import.
Just changed the front factory belts for new Hemcos.

Also fitted Inertia Reel Lap sash to the rear as well. Same as any Mustang Convertible, strengthen and fabricate Engineer approved brackets, to the ram well and rear bulkhead.

Crossover Conversions in Melbourne did some fox Bodies in the 80's and 90's, might be going back to far but probably worth a call re headlights.

gstsaver:
Thanks Ausfox

Turns out in NZ they aren't fussy so don't change the headlights...the guys at Mustang NZ got back to me on this.
Can't find any from Japan for that specific era either.

I will try Crossover Conversions as one last hail mary.

On the fox body mustangs there is no place to put rear sash belts.  The legislation allows for this if it meets certain criteria, which I think the Mustang convertible meets but the measurement is close and no VASS guy will pass it , even it it passed the measurement but is close as they are worried about liability so I am onto VIC ROADS.

Ausfox:
[quote
On the fox body mustangs there is no place to put rear sash belts.  The legislation allows for this if it meets certain criteria, which I think the Mustang convertible meets but the measurement is close and no VASS guy will pass it , even it it passed the measurement but is close as they are worried about liability so I am onto VIC ROADS.
[/quote]

Measurement?.

Having fitted REAR Inertia Reel Lap Sash belts to a 1984, 2 x 1988's and a 1991 Fox Body Convertible plus about 8 other Mustang Convertibles, over the years, that were inspected and passed by a QLD Transport approved Engineer, to comply with ADR LK1 and LK2 requirements, I must have been doing something wrong!.

gstsaver:
Thanks Ausfox

There is a piece of the legislation (2nd edition ADR 5b) that exempts having to have sash belts basically dependant on a measurement of their being a permanent structure 350mm above the SRP

Where did you mount the sash belt for the rear seats on that convertible ?  Did you have to install a structure behind the rear seat ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version