Technical & General Discussion Area > Tech Torque 1979 to 2014

Headlight Conversion LHD

(1/6) > >>

gstsaver:
Hi,

I have a 87 Mustang GT and can't find any headlights that are or can be adjusted to RHD.  Does anyone know of any company that will modify the headlights to make them approved for Australia ?

Any assistance is appreciated

gstsaver:
If there is anyone out there with a fox body that has been able to figure out this headlight issue please let me know.
I have researched everything and all new headlight assemblies, similar headlights on Falcons of same era etc. and yet no luck !

Looks like no night driving for me.

If I ever find a solution I will be sure to post on here for any other fox body mustang owners.

Dwayne:
Have you looked at any other RHD countries to see what they did for their fox bodies?

gstsaver:
Thanks Dwayne - did a UK search and there doesn't seem to be any headlights for Fox Body Mustangs there.  In UK they allow you to place a sticker on the headlight in a strategic spot so the lights don't dip into oncoming traffic.  They don't allow that here.

Ausfox:
1979 to 1986 Fox bodies, "Four Eyed Cars" have readily available RHD headlights, 165mm x100mm, Landcruiser, Mitsubishl etc.

1987 to 1993 Fox Bodies, "Aero Cars" headlights were only available in RHD for new cars sold in Japan.

Similar situation for later SN95 Mustangs.

Have imported both a 91 Confvertible and a 95 GT from Japan and all lens had the Arrow pointing to the left, showing which way they dipped.

In the past,  having owned five Fox Bodies, I have sourced RHD headlights listed on Yahoo Japan and also US EBay which were listed as export Items.

Same for KPH Speedometers, which can sometimes be found on Canadian  eBay as they went metric around the same time as us.

That said, have also fitted a set of late SAE/DOT marked Clear six piece front Headlights from US Ebay that had minimal leakage to the right when adjusted and dipped. They were passed by a QLD Approved Engineer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version