67 Fastback rego

Mustang Australia

Poll

67 Fastback rego

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: 67 Fastback rego  (Read 8131 times)

Offline jtourvas

• Stallion
67 Fastback rego
« on: April 03, 2008, 04:11:15 pm »
Hi,
I finally goy my 67 fastback and now I am ready for rego.
The blinkers at the back are working with the brakes and are red. Does anyone know what the criteria is for a blue slip in NSW ? I am thinking I have to Swap the blinker cable with the reverse lights which are the round reflectors on the back down the bottom. This way the blinkers will work on their own and in Amber.

Other things for rego:
Change blinker globes to Amber
Add a right side mirror
Adjust the head lights down to left
Anything else I need to do ?

Cheers,
John.

Offline BossKraft

• Worked
    • Bosskraft
67 Fastback rego
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 07:52:22 pm »
Changing the indicators isnt as easy as some think. It is easy, but not changed at the rear of the car where most think its changed. You have to grab it BEFORE it goes into the steering column at the indicator switch. The reason being, at the indicator switch the indicator and brake circuit join and use the same wire. Thats how you can have the brake light activated and one indicator flashing at the same time.

As for your headlights, you will actually have to change the headlights for new ones, as the reflector in the lights is designed for left hand drive - not the adjustment.

Make sure your engine number is readily visible so the blue slip can locate it easily!

Hope that helps.

Good luck! Let us know how you go.
Sean McDonagh
MCA Gold Card Judge
Judge at SAAC events
Retired MOCA Head Judge (one of them)

Offline jtourvas

• Stallion
67 Fastback rego
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 09:38:33 am »
Thanks Sean,
I was going to use the reverse lights at the back and wire them as blinkers plus change the globes to Amber. Can this be done at the back by just getting the blinker wire and dropping it down the reverse reflectors ?

Also should I get 2X sealed beam headlights ? I take it I can purchase them from Super Cheap ?

Cheers,
John.

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
67 Fastback rego
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 10:17:05 am »
Hi John.

From my own experience and as Sean says, it is not that simple as the wire going to the brake light and the blinker is one in the same. There is only one wire going into the rear light (plus an earth). You need to grab it at the steering column. My '70 has blinkers in the rear like you see in Seans pic of his car - those can be used in a pinch I believe but you need to rearrange some wiring still.

There are some useful wiring diagrams here :

http://midlife66.com/wiring/wiring.html

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline Jimmyj

• Pony
67 Fastback rego
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 11:14:25 am »
Originally posted by jtourvas
Hi,
I finally goy my 67 fastback and now I am ready for rego.
The blinkers at the back are working with the brakes and are red. Does anyone know what the criteria is for a blue slip in NSW ? I am thinking I have to Swap the blinker cable with the reverse lights which are the round reflectors on the back down the bottom. This way the blinkers will work on their own and in Amber.

Other things for rego:
Change blinker globes to Amber
Add a right side mirror
Adjust the head lights down to left
Anything else I need to do ?

Cheers,
John.

Hi John

My 66 coupe went through a blue slip in February at a great place in the Inner West of Sydney.  If you're near the area then it could be worth visiting.

Jim

Offline jtourvas

• Stallion
67 Fastback rego
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 12:56:11 pm »
Thanks all for your messages but I think I will leave this to my auto electrician to grab the blinker wire at the steering column, separate it and pass it down to the reverse lights at the back.

Does any one have any useful circuit diagrams for a 67 mustang. Something like Franks 66 wiring diagrams ?
Thanks,
John.

Offline Frank70

• Supercharged
67 Fastback rego
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 02:25:51 pm »
John

The link I gave you has all the diagrams from 66 - 72.

Cheers,
Frank.

Offline jtourvas

• Stallion
67 Fastback rego
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 03:47:14 pm »
Thanks Frank.
I can access the 66 diagrams but the 67 zip files contains 2 tif files which are blank when I view them. Does not matter I will use the 66 diagrams as 66 to 67 will have very little difference in circuit diagrams for lights and the horn.

Cheers,
John.

Offline BossKraft

• Worked
    • Bosskraft
67 Fastback rego
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 07:37:44 pm »
John, should be the same for that area of the car. Ford were champions when it came to wiring, using the same colours for specific purposes. Further to that, if your auto sparky cant figure that out, get your car out of there and get it to someone that does!!

If you need any help, give me a buzz. Ill be happy to help.

Sean McDonagh
MCA Gold Card Judge
Judge at SAAC events
Retired MOCA Head Judge (one of them)